Sauvage Parfum (2019)

Year of Launch2019

HouseChristian Dior
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Sauvage Parfum

Sauvage Parfum is a masculine fragrance by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2019

Sauvage Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Sauvage Parfum

So for my molecular chemistry class we had to to do a project of our choosing. I chose to do a project on the Dior Sauvage line. Since we were in quarantine my professor made it simple on us. For my topic I just had to figure out longevity, differences of notes projection/Sillage. Anyways without boring you with my research over the EDT & EDP. I will say that the parfum was more sweater/citrussy along with a powdery note: ( i used 3 different subjects my sister myself and my father) i found that on skin the fragrance tended to last in average of 16hrs on skin(slightly/minimal projection meaning it is not radiating off of skin if u waft it), with a projection average of 6hrs! To me i enjoy the parfum because it has a more polished smell compared to its predecessors! It has a juicy orange smell that I Adore. I may be biased but I also do love aqva amara (so i love my orange notes) NOW The EDP IMO is second and in the dry down of the edp it gives off a bubble gum vibe, maybe due to the vanilla and anise in it. Thank yall for reading.
21st May, 2020
Still very much Sauvage, both the EdT and EdP, just a little softer, more rounded.

In this Parfum version, I get more of the sweet and clean notes than some of the sharper notes, like pepper and geranium in the EDT. It's quite similar to EdP, so test both to see if you like one better before opting for the premium-priced Parfum.

I don't get the huge projection of the EdT but I do get very good longevity, 10-12 hours.

10th January, 2020
Smells slightly richer than the original. Also a little muted than the edt. If you're not fan of the loudness of the edt, you may enjoy this one more. 7/10
03rd January, 2020
I have 100ml of edt, edp, and the parfum. This is the best of the 3. No contest.

You have the same sauvage dna as always, but it introduces itself with a subtle fruitiness that seems to bring about a fullness, arguably presenting itself as the complete version of this dna, finally realized to its full potential.
The edt and edp are now left to be redefined to history as noble, yet nonetheles failed attempts along the road to creating a legend.

It's more versatle than its predecessors and is thus more wearable in all situations. It doesnt give off a juvenile vibe like the edt, while also not swaying too sharply the other direction like the edp can do.
10th November, 2019
Dior seems to be in the habit of running all their more-recent or best-selling masculines through permutations of eau de toilette, eau de parfum, and parfum, which is a model they have shamelessly copied from Chanel, a house having traditionally done this for their feminine fragrances but began doing it with great success for the masculine Bleu de Chanel (2010) line as well. Likewise, Dior has sent everything from Eau Sauvage (1966) and Fahrenheit (1989) to Dior Homme (2005) down this path, so it was only a matter of time before their watershed masculine Sauvage (2015) got the same treatment. The eau de parfum variant of Sauvage released in 2018 almost in response to the Bleu de Chanel Parfum (2018), the third and most intense version of Chanel's flagship male fragrance, and now releases Sauvage Parfum (2019) to give Dior's flagship the same 3 choices as Chanel. Sauvage Eau de Parfum (2018) was an ammendment of sorts to the synthetic bombast of the original eau de toilette, a refinement for more moderate palettes making a more natural-smelling scent profile. However, this parfum iteration is altogether a different animal from either previous version and behaves like it has had all the fight beaten out of it, and that's something I wasn't expecting.

The primary difference between Sauvage Parfum and either previous concentrations of the scent is the total lack of edge in the top notes, and a beefed-up pseudo-fougère base underneath it all. Perfumer François Demachy has greatly toned down the vacuum-distilled bergamot top note from the original 2015 EdT and mixed it with sweet mandarin to remove any real sense of "wildness" the original Sauvage has. You get a smooth sweet citrus kept in check with some cardamom, and that vaguely familiar top moves into the heart of lavender, geranium and sage from the eau de parfum joined by the ambrox moved up from the base to make room; the pepper is all but absent in this version of Sauvage, replaced by a candied amber note. The base is full of "smooth-over" notes like vanilla (a hold-over from the EdP), some kind of synthetic sandalwood note, denatured patchouli "thickness" without the green feel, and a fat whopping dollop of tonka, which more or less "fougère-ifies" the accord along with the lavender in the heart. The wear is warm, mild, and pretty uninteresting, taking away everything that made Sauvage what it was in the first place, but giving die-hards more flexibility in winter when fatter base notes are preferred. I'd call this the most romantic form of Sauvage, but it is still very office-friendly, and will last all day although with intense sillage but poor projection.

Who wants something like this you say? Well, people who hate the smell of Sauvage but for some odd reason want to own a Dior masculine perfume with the name "Sauvage" on the bottle, or fanboys of the line, completionist collectors that must own everything, and maybe people duped by the marketing and/or sales associates trained to pitch the stuff, but nobody else. I liked the bizarre futurism of the original release, and the tidier EdP presentation of 2018 was nice if unnecessary, but this one just feels too surgically altered, too tamped-down, buttoned-up, and homogenized to smell like every other sweet tonka bomb currently on the market with only the faintest traces of Sauvage DNA in the mix to set it apart. Obviously one person's "perfectly boring" may be another's "perfectly satisfying", so I won't say not to go out and give this a shot, as it may be your favorite rendition of the line even if it isn't mine. My take-away is that Sauvage operates much like Fahrenheit in the higher concentrations; it loses that controversial fire which makes it iconic (or irritating depending on perspective) as the ingredients are blended together closer and "creamed" over to increase the bottom-end but milden the heady top. Sauvage Parfum is a close pass for me, but your thoughts may differ from mine so sample accordingly. Neutral.
02nd November, 2019 (last edited: 08th November, 2019)
Sauvage DNA is there. But i feel like some of its pepperyness or whatever is gone. Now it feels more sporty soap with whatever else. Ambrox a bit more drown out by some more sweetness from the mandarin and tonka. In its heart it has some Sauvage plus campfire thing goin on. Its a bit softer, lasts at least 6 hours now, pretty strong skin scent. At this point maybe kind of softer Sauvage with a bit of "incense". In the opening i felt like there was some sort of egg smell. Reminded me of some chemical that is present in Dior Homme Eau.
This fragrance to me takes everything that Sauvage is, and deSauvages it. The orange in the opening adds sweetness, and Tonka just kill the vibe. Now it seems like some sort of Bentley fragrance or something. Blah. I had a chance to buy the Parfum for like 60 bucks and decided I just didn't want it. Not only do I think it is the worst of the three by a WIDE margin, I think it is not even a very good fragrance. Big thumbs down.
02nd November, 2019

Add your review of Sauvage Parfum

Shop for Sauvage Parfum products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Sauvage Parfum

There are no member images of Sauvage Parfum yet. Why not be the first?