Felt (2019)

AvailabilityDiscontinued / Limited Edition

HouseHendley Perfumes
PerfumerHans Hendley

About Felt

Laboratory Series 2019 Release #1 15ml Eau de Parfum with hand-cut felt label. Edition of 33.

Reviews of Felt

Hendley Perfumes Felt was part of the 2019 Laboratory Series and recently given a broader release on the website (along with 2020’s Cola). It’s resinous and spicy and slightly animalic, a slightly sweeter cousin of my favorite of the main collection, Fume, albeit not as smoky and dark. Felt features a robust resinous mix (opoponax, fir balsam, frankincense, benzoin) with cardamom, nutmeg, rose, sandalwood, patchouli, and musk. There’s some brightness and sweetness that complement the still-present barbecue vibe, but the fir balsam and sandalwood also foster a woody sense. So it’s a less dark, less piney, brighter, sweeter departure from Fume, and a very interesting resinous fragrance in its own right. Overall, it’s quite compelling, and I suspect that the other elements (rose, patchouli) combine with the slight sweetness of perhaps the benzoin, the smoothness of the musk, to be really make the whole blend fit together and feel quite easy to wear.

Felt is EDP concentration, performs well (comparably to Cola, but not as well as Fume), priced at $160/105/55 for 50/30/15ml, in line with the current pricing for the rest of the line, all of which has been created by perfumer/owner Hans Hendley. Along with Cola, Felt merits attention and I’d certainly recommend that fans of resinous fragrances get their noses on both. Also, both Felt and Cola have interesting complexity and are fun for amber fans, but are also accessible, I suspect, to everyone, even those who dabble mainly it the designer world, particularly since neither is especially animalic (though Felt certainly leans that way more than Cola). I look forward to getting bottles of both when they’re restocked.

8 out of 10
01st March, 2021
I received a tiny sample from a BN friend. Wow! So lovely, masculine but very approachable so unisex in the end. I think the cardamom/nutmeg///fir balsam/frankincense synergy created the olfactory magic I’m smelling. I need a larger amount! Where to find is my question? Love...
14th December, 2019