Clash : Radish Vetiver (2019)
by Comme des Garçons

Clash : Radish Vetiver information

Year of Launch2019

HouseComme des Garçons
PerfumerNathalie Gracia-Cetto

About Clash : Radish Vetiver

Clash : Radish Vetiver is a shared / unisex perfume by Comme des Garçons. The scent was launched in 2019 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Nathalie Gracia-Cetto

Clash : Radish Vetiver fragrance notes

Reviews of Clash : Radish Vetiver

A fun, clever vetiver.

I'm not sure what radish is supposed to smell like, but this smells like dirt. Not the fecund forest dirt in so many ouds, but the sweet smell of a freshly opened bag of potting soil. If you're familiar with Demeter's Dirt, this smells like that, but evenly matched with vetiver.

It's a good pairing. The iodine facets of the vetiver compliment the dirt's mineralic elements and amplify a salty overtone, while the dirt smell brings out a mustard greens quality in the vetiver, a clever trick I've only encountered elsewhere in attars.

Overall, I'm impressed. My only gripe is that it fades quickly, leaving a mossy vetiver base that really could have been stronger. But it's still a definite thumbs up for a really clever juxtaposition.
11th January, 2021
This is a wonderful little gem hidden in CDG's massive collection.

This starts off as a straight-forward, natural Vetiver accord. Not too dark, not too citrusy and bright, and then something strangely "ozonic" enters the room. It's so damp and peculiar - this is what I assume the perfumer would call radish. I don't have a radish on hand, but it's believable, I'm buying it.

That's about that. The rest is more of the same. You pay for radish and Vetiver, and you get radish, Vetiver, and nothing more. Fair.

For most houses that already have a wonderful Vetiver (Vettiveru), I'd say this wasn't necessary, but considering the vastness of CDG's catalogue, why not!

Also, the bottle is. so. cute. I love 30ml bottles because I'll never use up anywhere near that, even if the price is a bit steep for what you get. This one looks just like many other CDG bottles, but miniature. Adorable.
06th December, 2020

Add your review of Clash : Radish Vetiver

Shop for Clash : Radish Vetiver products online

Search on ebay

Member images of Clash : Radish Vetiver

There are no member images of Clash : Radish Vetiver yet. Why not be the first?