Gold (2019)

Year of Launch2019

HousePuredistance
PerfumerAntoine Lie

About Gold

Gold is a shared / unisex perfume by Puredistance. The scent was launched in 2019 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Antoine Lie

Reviews of Gold

Puredistance • M and now Puredistance • Gold... wow!
Love these both. But this Gold is such a nice fragrance. Review from Dr.Seid is a great review on Puredistance • Gold. I think he summed it all up,perfectly. I just wanted to add my 2¢. This is a top favorite for me,very VERY FOND of Gold. To my nose it kinda has an Amouage Attar flair going on. Instantly reminded me of Amouage • Attars once applied. It is another very expensive fragrance but well worth the price. Highly recommend to sample/try. Don’t know if drseid will agree but I keep getting this vibe & beautiful mix of a few Amouage Attars a bit. Add this one to your collection. Gold is a Phenomenal Fragrance!!! A++
01st February, 2020
drseid Show all reviews
Gold opens with a brief splash of bergamot combining with gentle black pepper and dulled mandarin orange before transitioning to its heart. As the composition moves to its early heart, fine floral jasmine and slightly sweet benzoin join a significant thickening, smooth, suede-like leathery castoreum and labdanum tandem with hints of the earlier dulled mandarin orange now remaining in support. During the late dry-down, woody vetiver enters the mix, with the composition also adding slightly powdery vanilla to remnants of the suede-like castoreum and mildly sweet benzoin through the finish. Projection is average, but longevity is outstanding at over 20 hours on skin.

Gold is a composition created by a perfumer I have had gobs of problems with in the past to put it mildly. It goes without saying that when I heard Antoine Lie was behind the composition that I was highly confident I would dislike it, even scared to *try* it... I am still somewhat in shock as I write this, but can safely say that Gold is the best thing I have sniffed from Lie, and certainly different from his usual style. In truth, while the perfume may be a tad polarizing, the superb mix of the floral jasmine with the suede-like accord paired with the woody vetiver and slightly sweet elements all play perfectly against one another and the result impresses more and more over time. After multiple wearings I now can say I love the perfume and have bought a bottle. The bottom line is the $190 per 17.5ml bottle Gold is quite a positive surprise from perfumer Antoine Lie, earning an "Excellent" to "Outstanding" 4 to 4.5 stars rating out of 5 and a strong recommendation (even to people like me who usually don't care for Mr. Lie's past work).
21st December, 2019

Add your review of Gold

Shop for Gold products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Gold

There are no member images of Gold yet. Why not be the first?