Jasmin Antique (2020)

Year of Launch2020

HouseRogue Perfumery
PerfumerManuel Cross

About Jasmin Antique

Jasmin Antique is a shared / unisex perfume by Rogue Perfumery. The scent was launched in 2020 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Manuel Cross

Jasmin Antique fragrance notes

Reviews of Jasmin Antique

Now this is a nose grabber!

My new favourite jasmine scent does the magical thing I've always looked for in a jasmine scent; it recreates the experience of walking past a flowering jasmine bush in a mediterranean country on a late summer's eve. It scents the air around me with airy clouds of the most delectable floral scent; a touch indolic, a hint of soapiness, rich, heady, almost jammy, yet light and fresh too. It's a hyperrealistic experience that lasts all day. Every time I catch a whiff it gives me a little jolt of excitement and I want to breathe in till my lungs burst.

Interestingly, when smelled up close I detect different facets (spices, vanilla, lemon), depending on how much I spray, but in the air around me all these facets come together to form nothing but the purest jasmine impression. Wearing this makes me feel as if I'm being followed around by a jasmine bush in full bloom all day, and even the next morning I keep getting little puffs.

This is my absolute favourite from Rogue's line up, 10/10!
05th September, 2020 (last edited: 06th September, 2020)
Stardate 20200815:

I am always wary of Jasmine florals cause they almost always get the balance wrong. Either too indolic or too bland. I went in expecting this to be an indolic powerhouse. Boy was I wrong. This is one of the best Jasmine solifloral I have tried. Smells like a blooming jasmine garden after rain.
25th August, 2020
For the first fifteen minutes, this is a fruity jasmine with just a touch of indole, but not quite enough to produce that "magic marker/acetone" scent that can be so off-putting to some, & seems more present in jasmine sambac. After this, it settles into the softer, yet deeper & more floral jasmine grandiflorum that l adore. Over the next hour, a hint of powdery vanilla sweetness develops, but it's not overly sweet, & the projection is excellent. lt continues in this fashion, slowly fading close to the skin, but seven hours in it's still very much there if l put nose to skin. l should mention that l was doing vigorous housework on a warm & humid day when l tried this, so it may have burned off quicker than it might have done otherwise. l don't get any clove or musk here, but as l've said before elsewhere, l may be anosmic to certain types of musk.

l agree with others here that this is a top-notch reference jasmine, especially of the grandiflorum variety. l'm not sure it'll knock Jasmin Full off it's perch as my favourite ever jasmine fragrance, but it's pretty darned close...
17th July, 2020
Almost as beautiful as the finest jasmine absolute essential oils and successfully adapted to an alcohol perfume base by perfectly selecting adjoining notes that emphasize jasmines best qualities. Masterful and simply minimal execution. The depth of base is improved upon over pure jasmine absolute with a slight clove and deeper musk that gives the base a full slightly carmelized toasty warmth. A touch of vanilla keeps the middle notes sweet and languorous as pure jasmine tends to be. One of the best jasmine perfumes I've tried.
24th May, 2020
Now I have to say this smells really lovely and better than I was expecting. The jasmine is fresh, full bodied, well rounded and intricate displaying different nuances. It actually smells better than the Egyptian Jasmine which is the fragrance that made me fall in love with the note. It's like the creator has taken the natural jasmine smell and enhanced it so it smells like it's in hi definition.

It opens with fresh jasmine blossoms and I did pick up slight indolic (skanky note) for the first half hour but it was just so slight it enhanced the smell instead of overwhelming or unbalancing the composition. Then for the next few hours everything goes full throttle and you are surrounded with a beautiful jasmine accord which shows you different facets ever-time you smell it. In fact it's amazing how he has made a soliflore smell complex and deep. Very beautiful!

After the first few hours I can smell cloves which add a warm spicy slight woodsy feel just enough to complement the jasmine. This is joined by a dash of vanilla just to add that je ne sais quoi to the mix.

All in all it smells very beautiful and natural smelling with enough depth to have you sniffing yourself all day long. For me there is a certain magic with the jasmine note especially when smelled at night on a balmy warm evening.
09th April, 2020
drseid Show all reviews
Jasmin Antique skips detectable top notes, instead opening right at its early heart with deep, voluminous high quality jasmine supported by musk ketone that provides depth and a hint of sweetness while bolstering the jasmine’s indolic facet. During the dry-down the jasmine gradually softens, revealing subtle facets of the white floral, with non-powdery vanilla and warm clove spice from the base adding an near-lemony sheen as time passes through the finish. Projection is outstanding, as is longevity at around 15 hours on skin.

I confess to being a major jasmine lover. When skillfully used in a composition it can take a perfume from very good to stellar. It can also just as easily destroy a result when used improperly. In this case, we have a jasmine soliflore. With so much focus on the white floral jasmine, the perfumer better use some really high quality stuff or the shortcomings of the composition will be all too obvious. I am happy to report that perfumer Cross obviously used some of the best quality jasmine he could come by, and absolutely it comes out in the results. To enhance the depth and indolic facets of the jasmine, early-on IFRA compliance avoiding musk ketone is folded into the mix, and the result is heavenly smelling. That said, as good as the first couple hours are, the composition only gets better and better, as subtle vanilla and clove from the base gradually soften the jasmine with the indoles receding, adding an almost lemony sheen with an intoxicating result that just can’t be described in words. It is extremely rare that this writer calls a perfume “perfect,” but I honestly can’t find a single fault from top-to-bottom. On the contrary, this is masterpiece caliber stuff by perfumer Cross. The bottom line is the $140 per 60ml Jasmin Antique is a reference quality “masterpiece” rated 5 stars out of 5 jasmine soliflore using top quality materials and amazing skill from perfumer Manuel Cross that demands a sniff from any lover of the white floral and is recommended without question.
02nd April, 2020

Add your review of Jasmin Antique

Shop for Jasmin Antique products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Jasmin Antique

There are no member images of Jasmin Antique yet. Why not be the first?