Tuberose & Moss (2020)

Tuberose & Moss information

Year of Launch2020

HouseRogue Perfumery

About Tuberose & Moss

Tuberose & Moss is a feminine perfume by Rogue Perfumery. The scent was launched in 2020

Reviews of Tuberose & Moss

Stardate 20200830:
The opening is tuberose solifloral. Really nice and simple but I like the way it goes on to be a sweet laundry-musky vanilla at the end.
I enjoy it more than his other tuberose - Champs Lunaires
30th August, 2020
For me this is a sweet tuberose with a slightly "turned" vibe in the initial phase, & a woody cedar base. l don't detect any citrus until around forty-five minutes in, & just after this the moss makes a brief appearance. After a couple of hours, it's a crisp, yet still sweet white floral, quite pretty & feminine. Seven hours in it's close to the skin, & there's a creamy vanilla in the base.

l like this one ok, but it doesn't compare to what l think of as reference tuberose perfumes like Carnal Flower, Beyond Love or Fracas. l guess l like my tuberose to pack more of a punch!
17th July, 2020
Outstanding white floral. Simple.

The tuberose is just right. Not at all intense or cloying. The base has a hint of laundry musk, but still natural smelling, and some vanilla.

For my tastes, on par with the best perfume houses present and past.

16th June, 2020
drseid Show all reviews
Tuberose & Moss opens with with an only slightly indolic white floral tuberose supported by bright bergamot citrus and a tinge of relatively light green oakmoss before transitioning to its heart. As the composition reaches its early heart the slightly indolic tuberose remains the focus, with the green oakmoss taking a supporting role, melding with moderately powdery, slightly sweet vanilla rising from the base. During the late dry-down the tuberose remains, but yields to the now more potent relatively powdery slightly green oakmoss and vanilla mix that takes the fore through the finish sans sweetness. Projection is above average and longevity excellent at over 12 hours on skin.

I like Tuberose & Moss, but don’t love it. I am not much of a tuberose fan on a good day (at least not me personally wearing it) except when it is presented in a much lighter, brighter form like the presentation used in compositions like Champs Lunaires and Richard James Savile Row. Unfortunately here the balance is weighted for a good deal of the development towards the tuberose, and in a form that is darker than the aforementioned Champs Lunaires, but not as dark as Flos Mortis, with the oakmoss and vanilla providing quite a bit of powder late (a presentation choice of both notes that I dislike). I wish perfumer Cross would have focused more on the mossy green aspect of the oakmoss then its powdery facet as that would have been a better balance for the moderately dark tuberose. I enjoyed the composition more early-on, but as time passed the powder really got to me and my enjoyment diminished. The bottom line is the $140 per 60 ml bottle Tuberose & Moss impresses early but disappoints a bit late, yielding a "good" 3 stars out of 5 rating and a neutral recommendation except to tuberose and powder lovers who might find it a good match for their taste.
14th June, 2020
At the time of review there was no information or notes breakdown on Tuberose & Moss so I went by what my nose indicated to me.

Overall it's a very simplistic scent - it follows a very similar Soliflore pattern noticed in Jasmine Antique. The opening has a bright fruity opening. My guess of the top notes being along the lines of a peach or a bergamot which hangs on for a short period. The opening fades into a very fleshy tuberose accord. The tuberose isn't as bright like Champs Lunaires but not as dark like Flos Mortis either; it's more in the middle of the road. There might be some hint of spices that only helps to enhance the florals in the mid. Eventually after a few hours the tuberose finally dies down to a very subtle floral-less base. At that point my nose detects what would probably be the oak moss as well as some other wood notes. The mossy accord is very faint and nothing significant compared to it's other members like Chypre-Siam and Mousse Illuminee. Performance was relatively good while the floral accord was at its prime but became a subtle skin scent around the mossy dry down. Overall the tuberose composition was done well however I'm not keen with that particular note. Those who enjoy tuberose will very likely enjoy this one.
26th April, 2020

Add your review of Tuberose & Moss

Shop for Tuberose & Moss products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Tuberose & Moss

There are no member images of Tuberose & Moss yet. Why not be the first?