Casablanca (2018)

Year of Launch2018

HouseSt. Clair Scents
PerfumerDiane St. Clair

About Casablanca

I had been watching the snow fall outside of my window for three months, at times blowing horizontally on winds wailing down from the Polar Vortex.

I tried to conjure a way to transport myself to a place far away, a place with warm air and perfumed flowers and fruit—a garden in paradise with odors of mossy dirt, smooth woods with light green notes, and darker woods, sweating their rich, balsamic resins. In the evening, my garden would be bursting with intensely sweet orange blossoms, wafting their sultry notes of indole into the night air. Encircling that would be the intoxicating notes of meaty tuberose, with its sweet, long dry down. Juicy, tart notes of mandarin and grapefruit would brighten the mix as the animalic notes of slinking evening creatures mix with floral richness. I could smell a floral chypre, twisting towards oriental darkness, capturing the romantic, sexy chiaroscuro of my tropical oasis, another world from my barren, winter existence.

Reviews of Casablanca

There is one review of Casablanca.
I am still learning how to articulate my trip through a fragrance effectively, but Casablanca makes me want to try.

Something barely contained. Is it a monstrous tropical floral with whispers of a traditional refined chypre just beneath the surface, working to gain control of the madness, or is this upstanding veneer barely containing an inner turmoil that wants to tear it to pieces? Oh, what a shimmering tension of opposites! The entanglement, naturally, leads to a powerful effluence of animalic afterglow that asserts itself between the two, slowly staunching the torrent until it finally burns itself to the ground. Whatever remains of the conflagration, transformed to something new. The tension is now gone, and maybe you feel a bit lonely, because you can't stop returning to the swirling tryst between the controlled and the unbound that resolved itself through your senses... so vivid, so compelling. Wonderful.
14th June, 2020 (last edited: 17th June, 2020)

Add your review of Casablanca

Shop for Casablanca products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Casablanca

There are no member images of Casablanca yet. Why not be the first?