Le Lion de Chanel (2020)

HouseChanel
PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Le Lion de Chanel

Exclusive to the Middle East until January 2021, when it will have a worldwide release.

Le Lion de Chanel fragrance notes

Reviews of Le Lion de Chanel

A stunning fragrance. Chanel is my favorite house and Le Lion now sits at the very top of my house favorites next to vintage Antaeus, Cuir de Russie EDT and Bois des Iles EDT. The comparisons to Shalimar are fair, but this works far better on my skin than any version of Shalimar I have tried, including vintage extrait. The bergamot in the top notes is juicy and photorealistic. It also lasts through to the base, which is rare for a citrus note on my skin. I am stunned at how well it holds its own against the heavy mid and base notes. The amber and labdanum in the heart never get too cloying, and I think account for the authentic high mass incense accord that wafts off my skin periodically. The very long-lasting base is dominated by a patchouli reminiscent of Coromandel and a musk note that brings to mind Cuir de Russie. Of course, vanilla is a major player as well. I am very picky when it comes to vanilla; it goes cloying on my skin very fast. That never happens to me when I wear Le Lion. The vanilla is sublime and blended to perfection with the other notes. Duration is 12+ hours. Projection is big. I wear one single spray. That said, the fragrance is not too heavy. I have worn and enjoyed it already in moderate summer heat. 10/10.
22nd June, 2021
Alityke Show all reviews
A friend gifted me a couple of samples of Le Lion guessing it would be right up my strasse.
I blew through these & decided a full bottle was needed. Big Mistake!!!!!

It arrived just after I had bathed & dressed so of course I anointed myself fully in what I had previously used sparingly. My surgical steel watch was generously sprayed.

Instead of the previous glorious path of development I had been taken on, I got oily, gone off Shalimar EdP and there it stayed. No development, just the worst ever version of Shalimar. The delicious spiced vanilla custard had been split by the sourest bergamots & dirty nappies abounded.

So on clothes & jewellery Le Lion is Shalimar’s dirty little secret, an evil twin. The watch strap took around 6 weeks to recover, even after a thorough clean with alcohol wipes.

I did try again sans watch but the previous debacle ruined it for me. It also ruined my Shalimar EdP & both have since been sold on.

So, for me Le Lion went from hero to zero & took a long time love with it despite thorough testing

22nd June, 2021
Very nice. A threesome between Jicky, Obsession and the original Lagerfeld fragrance for men. Somebody has created a modern version of Ambre 83, an amber base that was used extensively in 1980's fragrances, and has used it beautifully. I did not think that such Amber-Orientals were still popular, but I'm glad that this fragrance has proved me wrong. Having smelled Gabrielle (shudder) I was more than pleasantly surprised.

I'm sorry that it doesn't last as long as I expected it to, but it works just fine whilst I can smell it.

Not at all original, but very well done; beautifully blended and smooth as silk.
12th May, 2021
I'm not sure what to think about this fragrance. As others have pointed out, it does open similar to Shalimar. This lasts about a minute.
The leather and amber and vanilla then smother the citrus completely. To me it smells like a an expensive leather handbag filled with a rich vanilla pudding.

I love Shalimar but seldom wear it because I'm sensitive to it's ingredients and I've tired of it. Now, Le Lion is nice and soft and very long lasting but on my skin but lacks that little spark that holds my interest. Without the spark it could be too much yum yum without some spice. To me it it very unisex, leaning masculine. It is easy to wear and does not make my eyes water so that's a plus. I think it would be fun to use it as a base layer to other fragrances. Would I spend the money for this...no.
16th March, 2021
Well, the Shalimarity (sorry) is striking, if Wasser had decided to release a Shalimar Intense for Men I have no doubt it could smell like this ( minus the tame Chanel aldehydes maybe).
Particularly close to the EdC concentration, which tones the powder and amps the leather some, if it was nuclearized, as this is very potent.
It's good but who needs this ? Not me, I'm thoroughly happy with Shalimar, it's perfectly unisex and I love its discrete leather just fine. I don't need to blast off like that ever, except when Kouros because of course.
09th March, 2021 (last edited: 28th April, 2021)
Opening is the trademark Chanel Adelhydic bubbly. Animalic Musk is artfully placed into a bouquet charged with an elegant Labdanum Patchouli heart of Fem leather. All finely orchestrated in classic Chanel loveliness. Neutral marks as it bases in Contemporary Chanel, generic Woody Amber Aromachemical Compound. Nice try by the Polge Jr, however I'll take my dose of Chanel animalic from Vintage Cuir de Russie EDC.
08th March, 2021

Add your review of Le Lion de Chanel

Shop for Le Lion de Chanel products online

Search on ebay

Member images of Le Lion de Chanel

There are no member images of Le Lion de Chanel yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]