Iris Torréfié (2020)

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerDelphine Jelk
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Iris Torréfié

Part of the 'L’Art et la Matière' collection.

Iris Torréfié fragrance notes

Reviews of Iris Torréfié

Pencil shavings opening followed by a dried fruit and makeup iris drydown. I like the opening very much but the drydown is too thick and heavy for me, so test the drydown before buying.

Unisex? Sure but leans fem to me, especially in the drydown.

Excellent performance on my skin. Projection is loud at times and it lasts all day.
19th January, 2021
This starts off a LOT like Dior Homme. Perhaps Torréfié is a little more sparkly and has coffee instead of chocolate, but there's no denying the influence. It's that mix of iris, violet, and chalky ambrette seed warmed with vanilla and suede, while the coffee is really just a bit of roasted warmth more than a focus. Given time, it morphs into an unfortunate metallic "woody amber" base, then unexpectedly morphs back into leather.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother. I like the topnotes, but would rather just stick with Dior Homme because it's less expensive and doesn't have that cheap "woody amber" aquatic nonsense in the middle. At the same time, I like that this is a step up from the cherry marshmallow ridiculousness Guerlain has been doing lately, so I want to acknowledge it as a step in the right direction, albeit unoriginal and slightly questionable.
23rd October, 2020

Add your review of Iris Torréfié

Member images of Iris Torréfié

There are no member images of Iris Torréfié yet. Why not be the first?