Valentino Uomo Born in Roma Yellow Dream (2020)
by Valentino

Valentino Uomo Born in Roma Yellow Dream information

Year of Launch2020

HouseValentino
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About Valentino Uomo Born in Roma Yellow Dream

Valentino Uomo Born in Roma Yellow Dream is a masculine fragrance by Valentino. The scent was launched in 2020

Valentino Uomo Born in Roma Yellow Dream fragrance notes

Reviews of Valentino Uomo Born in Roma Yellow Dream

There is one review of Valentino Uomo Born in Roma Yellow Dream.
Part of me wonders if the marketing department at Valentino really did their homework on the name of this flanker-of-a-flanker Valentino Born in Roma Yellow Dream (2021), a flanker of Valentino Uomo Born in Roma (2019), which itself is a flanker of Valentino Uomo (2014). I could make a bunch of jokes about bed wetting, or make a Frank Zappa reference about not going where the huskies go and not eating the yellow snow, but you've probably already heard that if you spend any time at all in the online fragrance community, especially sites where more trend-conscious fragrance enthusiasts have already ripped this one to shreds in roasting. I'd say this is a roasting well deserved too, as Yellow Dream is not only horribly named, but also derivative to the umpteenth degree and a banal mix of several popular tropes all haphazardly crashed together like a poorly-made tree house. In short, if you've bought anything from designers in the past 5 years since the release of Yellow Dream, you don't need to even smell it. Seriously, you can do better with Zara clones, or even those bizarre bootlegs that come in copies of original bottles and are called things like "Savage" and "Convictus" or whatever. People hated on the Born in Roma flanker too, although I found some redeeming value in it, but not this trash.

The opening is super bubblegum sweet pineapple and ethyl maltol overload with fruity galaxolide musks. In a nutshell, this is Paco Rabanne Invictus (2013) meets Coach Platinum (2019), with maybe a bit of Emporio Armani Stronger With You (2017) dropped in. You get something the brand labels as gingerbread here, but barely qualifies as ginger in my books, mixing with some cardamom and ambery tones into a synthetic vanilla tonka and woody aromachemical snoozefest that slaps "amberwoods" and other industry-standard things into some kind of semi-oriental mishmash. When it finishes drying down, Yellow Dream is a sweet tonka with trace fruity musky and vanilla tones. Not harsh, but not good. I have really come to terms with and come to like some modern mass-appeal scents (like the original Invictus), but boy does it get tiresome to smell them continually rehashed so lazily with very little deviation from the source, or spliced together like here in Yellow Dream as to expand the width of the cash grab net being cast. Wear time is about eight hours and projection is through most of it, and this strives to be a sort of jack of all trades like Carolina Herrera Bad Boy (2020), so I guess it's a moderate weather generalist? I don't know. I'm so tired. Fragrances like these weigh on my soul. Ask someone else for advice on this one.

I thought Jimmy Choo Urban Hero (2019) was just about the worst designer Invictus clone out there, and wrote a similarly vitriolic review on it, but the biggest problem I had with it was just how boring and middling of a clone it was. Here, we take that same boring and middling Invictus clone, then say "hold my beer" and stuff in a whole bunch of contrived elements like the candied pineapple, the psuedo-ginger, the car freshener vanilla, then pour it into a version of the studded Valentino Uomo Born in Roma bottle that looks like it's filled with urine or apple juice. I'll let you glass half-empty and half-full types argue over which one it is. The perfumer is unlisted for this fragrance, and if I made this, I'd be so ashamed of myself I wouldn't want my name associated with it either. I mean sure, the perfumer probably had a painfully specific brief and a wish.com budget, but Avon still exists and does better on less. Bottom line here is if you like modern compliment getters, even samey ones that all follow a similar creative path, that's great! I have a whole bunch of really easy-wearing blue fragrances I can suggest that won't break the bank and smell both different from each other and interesting enough to keep you from falling asleep, but absolutely zero yellow ones come to mind. Is this discontinued yet? It needs to be. Thumbs down.
21st January, 2021

Add your review of Valentino Uomo Born in Roma Yellow Dream

Shop for Valentino Uomo Born in Roma Yellow Dream products online

Search on ebay

Member images of Valentino Uomo Born in Roma Yellow Dream

There are no member images of Valentino Uomo Born in Roma Yellow Dream yet. Why not be the first?