21 Conduit St (2020)

Year of Launch2020

HouseJovoy
PerfumerMarie Schnirer

About 21 Conduit St

Jovoy’s new fragrance, “21 Conduit St”, revisits a great classic of English perfumery while giving it a new, intriguing and decidedly modern twist.

The result of a creative tandem, 21 Conduit St gives the scent of lavender a singular brightness. The accord comes from a formula by Oli Marlow, whose fascination with this aromatic note goes back to his childhood. He dreamt of giving it greater contrast, making it more multi-facetted, upping the tangy, fruity freshness and warming it through with resinous notes.

“It’s a lavender that’s chiseled from the freshness of cold, crisp oranges, the cheekiness of cassis and the bittersweet comforting warmth of pine”  Marlow explains.

In Paris, his meeting with the perfumer Marie Schnirer (Laboratoire Maelstrom) opened the door to a new world of raw materials, most notably a quality of Javanese Vetiver that enriches the ensemble with a whorl of smoky, earthy notes.

21 Conduit St fragrance notes

Reviews of 21 Conduit St

There is one review of 21 Conduit St.
(Genre: Fougere/Woods)

Jovoy’s add copy for 21 Conduit Street goes on at some length about England and a modern take on lavender, but anyone expecting another MEM or a new Caron Pour un Homme is going to be sorely disappointed. This stuff smells fougere-ish to me, and there’s certainly some lavender in there, but it’s hardly the star player, at least to my untrained nose. On paper, 21 Conduit Street is dominated by a big, harsh woody amber, though that’s mercifully less obvious on my skin.

After the obligatory citrus top note, 21 Conduit Street settles into a conventional bergamot/lavender/coumarin fougere accord, made “contemporary” by a helping of ambroxan and that assertive woody amber (listed, in case you missed the point, as “modern woods” in the Jovoy pyramid). While there’s no mention of it in Jovoy’s advertised pyramid, I do detect a smattering of vetiver lain over the fougere foundation. Besides that, I get a fleeting hint of tart rhubarb, but honestly speaking, not much else. It certainly doesn't offend, but then it does not inspire, either.

I give this scent credit for working far better on my skin than on the smelling strip, but I can't say I'd ever seek it out to wear again. If it's lavender I want, I'll turn to stalwarts like Pour un Homme and Jicky, or to Antonio Gardoni's magisterial MEM, thank you.
01st February, 2021

Add your review of 21 Conduit St

Shop for 21 Conduit St products online

Search on ebay

Member images of 21 Conduit St

There are no member images of 21 Conduit St yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]