Reviews by Public Enema

Emporio Armani Stronger With You Intensely by Giorgio Armani

After reading many positive reviews about stronger with you on Sephora and then the vast majority of youtube reviewers claiming the intensely version was better and a huge compliment generator I decided to buy blind as I kind of like some sweet fragrances (recently bought Serge Lutens 5 o'clock ginger which I thoroughly enjoyed) only to find on my skin the most noticeable note seemed to be some astringent scent which pushed aside most of the detectable sweetness and which I am no fan of. To be fair I will give it another try and hopefully see if anything else emerges.
07th March, 2020

Noir de Noir by Tom Ford

A very likable boozy rose not quite as powerful as Rose D'Arabie or United Arab Emirates but very enjoyable and decent endurance. When pulled over by RIDE and asked "have you consumed any alcohol this evening"? Me: "Why yes officer but not internally, I've been kissed by a rose".

Diaghilev by Roja Dove

I have to confess when I read one review about this being "mainly a feminine musky floral mix that comes off like old lady perfume, I was kind of apprehensive about trying it especially when you take the cost into account but make no mistake this is Red Riding Hood's Wolf hiding in Granny's panties. A very pleasant with fragrance with the occasional reminder a killer frag takes no hostages.

United Arab Emirates by Roja Dove

Excellent long lasting quality rose which after having rubbed against my face I stilled smelled on my winter hat the next time I wore it a few weeks later.

Armani Privé Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani

After waiting many months and travelling many miles I made my way to Toronto's Eaton Center looking to encounter this scent first hand at Nordstrom's only to find that they presented this scent under a glass in which you were to remove and breath in. Uhm OK but my sniffer isn't quiet as refined as many of the posters on this site ( and I really do thank all of you who take the time and effort to write such elegant posts) and I want to experience what this is like, on my skin, not chase chase a Genie's smoke entrails. Finally I did purchase a sample and it was to me a sublime sparkling rose with a lot of presence and staying power.

Five O'Clock Au Gingembre by Serge Lutens

I detect the lemon and ginger others have commented on but for some strange reason (is something strange here or is it just me? oh OK it's just me) I seem to pick up some kind of sweet cherry vibe every so often wafting through the air. I wish this lasted just a little longer and had a bit more presence but for now I must content myself to search for the lost cherry. Planning on buying this one for sure!

Aventus by Creed

The smokey batch is the one which I found more interesting and which turned more heads and noses, sometimes the odd sneeze from the pepper (I get that, the odd time I want to sneeze too) but face it if I wanted a fruity Hawaiian punch I would have dawned a Tommy Bahama island shirt, a straw hat and hung a pineapple necklace around my neck. In my humble opinion the pepper rules the day.

Brut 33 by Fabergé

This is what a girl gives you for Christmas if she doesn't want to spend money on you and plans not to be around when you grace the nightclub, after you are given shore leave and want to impress the girls with your salty seaweed persona proving it's an ill wind that blows nobody good.
22nd October, 2017

Passage d'Enfer by L'Artisan Parfumeur

I am not sure what formaldehyde smells like or if it even has a scent but with passage d'enfor I imagine myself laid out in a coffin after some dastardly deed being perpetrated upon my soul(whether deserving or not) and the mortician's assistant has sought to compensate for whatever ghastly aromas my decomposed body might be giving off by pumping me full of this funeral home chemically smelling substance which is now oozing out my pours as those who weep over me cover their noses. (A little too dark for me).
26th September, 2017

Havana by Aramis

Love Havana much more than Havana Reserva. I wonder what the new version is like?
09th April, 2010

Basala / Basara by Shiseido

I was expecting smoke and spice and all the other excellent comparisons the reviewers in this forum mentioned. Unfortunately on me I couldn't escape the thought that I smelled like an expensive tea bag and although I am open to experiencing new things rubbing a tea bag on myself is not one of them.
12th February, 2009 (last edited: 04th March, 2020)

parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Avignon by Comme des Garçons

Greta scent. Sent me back to the ancient cathedrals where the world faded away as me and my God conversed. Smoky frankincense.

Rush for Men by Gucci

Woodsy Spicy and musky? Not too sure but was powerful and long lasting. Easy does it pilgrim.

Roma Uomo by Laura Biagiotti

I got musk and patchouli from this. Very long lasting pleasant smell.

Jubilation XXV Man by Amouage

I love this scent even though I have only tried the samples from luckyscent. I hate when I start hearing comments from people saying the store bottle seemd to be not as strong or possibly misnamed. At this price I would love clarity.
23rd January, 2009

Havana Reserva by Aramis

Smoke and musky earthyness on me. Like both frags but this one is stronger.

Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Powerful and long lasting. Many compliments but try and but the real deal. The fakes vary from good to bad. A bit pricey depending where you buy but worth it.

French Line by Révillon

I get cinnamon pepper and spice. Nice blend and many compliments and enquiries. Sadly not in production.