Reviews by LCasimiro

Angel by Thierry Mugler

When this first came out I bought a bottle and wore it frequently. People would stop me and ask what I was wearing - it was that different from anything else available at the time. I eventually discovered Jo Malone fragrances and stopped wearing Angel. I now have an extensive fragrance wardrobe and wear a variety of scents. Fast forward - I decided to try Angel again. I cannot stand it now. I had to scrub it off, it was so obnoxious. I know that many people love it, but I just can’t take it.
11th November, 2017

Wood Sage & Sea Salt by Jo Malone

This is a beautiful clean scent, perfect for a Texas Fall day. I love it!
06th October, 2014

Angélique Noire by Guerlain

I bought Angelique Noire after trying the sample I was given at Neiman's over several wearings. I absolutely love this fragrance. I've already used about 1/3 of my bottle. I'm not someone who tries to identify every note but I do know I've never smelled anything like this. The initial blast of scent gentles down into this wonderful fragrance that is just perfect. Of course I get the eventual Guerlain vanilla in the drydown but the lingering scent of angelica is there too. I sprayed it on this morning at 6:15 and it is 7:30 pm. I can still smell it so it is long lasting on me.
20th February, 2014

L'Heure Bleue Eau de Parfum by Guerlain

I bought my EDP yesterday after trying it on my skin several weeks ago. Today I wore it all day and I am in love. This scent takes me back to a simpler time. As a teenager I adored carnation based scents - L'Air du Temps was my favorite but I also loved White Shoulders and later Anais Anais. As an adult I love vanilla based scents. L'Heure Bleue combines these two aspects in one lovely fragrance. If I have a complaint it is that I do not get longevity from this scent. I have reapplied three times today. The upside to this is that I get to experience the slightly spicy opening multiple times :) I think I see an atomizer of LHB in my future!

Update 02/25/14: I was looking for a something else and came across a box of old perfume samples from the early 80's. I started looking through them and the name Guerlain jumped out at me. I slowly turned the bottle and almost dropped it when I realized it said L'Heure Bleue Parfum. My husband thought I hurt myself because I started screaming "Oh my God! Oh my God!" I couldn't open it, my hand was shaking so much. He opened it for me and I put a small amount on the back of my hand. It smells wonderful - the opening isn't as sharp as the current formulation and the dry down is heavenly. I never thought I'd be so fortunate to smell the original perfume.
29th April, 2013 (last edited: 26th February, 2014)

White Lilac & Rhubarb by Jo Malone

This scent ended up reminding me of cigarette smoke. I am so disappointed by it.
11th March, 2012

Peony & Moss by Jo Malone

I am so disappointed by the new Jo Malone fragrances. This one did not wow me and I will not purchase it.
11th March, 2012