Reviews by sjg3839

Gentleman Eau de Parfum Boisée by Givenchy

Decent woody fragrance that is safe for daily wear IMO. On the spicy side, but not to the extreme. 7/10

Polo Deep Blue by Ralph Lauren

Safe aquatic fragrance that is pretty generic, but not bad at all. Not full bottle worthy for me, but I would wear this 6.5/10

Gucci Guilty Love Edition pour Homme by Gucci

The first thing I noticed was the mandarin, vetiver and kumquat accord. Very nice. So nice, I might even purchase a bottle of this one. All year round fragrance IMO. 8/10

Fahrenheit Parfum by Christian Dior

FP has the original Fahrenheit DNA with a slightly sweeter and woody floral vibe. Nice! 7.5/10
01st December, 2020

Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford

Nice and zesty mandarin orange with a very light aquatic background. Perfect for spring and summer months. Aver good one for citrus fixes. 7.5/10
02nd November, 2020

Rose Prick by Tom Ford

I think the ladies will love this one. Jammy rose with a patchouli and Tonka Bean background. I actually think this is a decent fragrance. I get a light bubblegum note in RP. Projection and Longevity are pretty good though. 6.5/10
01st October, 2020

Acqua di Giò Profondo by Giorgio Armani

I guess this is Acqua di Gio's answer to Blue de Chanel and Sauvage. It's not a bad scent, but it's just not original. I initially got a decent aquatic vibe from the original spray. The musk note kicks in during the base of this one. Nothing to write home about, but a decent fragrance nontheless.
01st October, 2020

Florida Water by Murray & Lanman

For the price and smell,this is one of the best smelling Summer fragrances on the market.Been in the fragrance game for quite a few years and just discovered this gem. A great barbershop fragrance that won't cloy anyone out. Longevity is not good at all but for the price it's not a problem. 8/10.
03rd June, 2020

Givenchy Gentleman by Givenchy

Timeless classic fragrance that shouldn't offend anyone. Pretty safe IMO. Masculine gem that will be around for a while. 7.5/10
06th March, 2020

Dior Homme Eau de Toilette (2020 version) by Christian Dior

Nice fragrance, but they should have named it something different and kept the iris note in there like the original. Pretty safe fragrance that will be noticed by folks around you. Slightly woody and kind of fresh. Totally different than the original. Usually folks are offended by fragrances not having originality but in this case, they should have left it alone.
04th March, 2020

Black Tulip by Nest

Being a fan of plum, I didn't have that liking for it. It's just OK IMO.The violet and jasmine make this one too loud.

Vanilla Vibes by Juliette Has a Gun

This and Replica's Whispers in the Library smell very similar. Other than that, it smells ok. It's just that has been done many times before. 6.5/10

Black Opium Eau de Parfum Intense by Yves Saint Laurent

Just when you thought Black Opium was good, BOI was stepped it up a notch. Unisex for sure IMO. Again, the coffee is a plus.

Replica Under the Lemon Trees by Martin Margiela

Nice citrus and green tea fragrance that will prosper in warmer weather. Nice job! 7/10

Replica Whispers in the Library by Martin Margiela

Very light vanilla which fits the bill for a light vanilla fragrance. Replica accomplished their mission in doing the old book clone thing.

Black Opium Eau de Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent

Very well done. Didn't think the Jasmine note would work well the other notes. I stand corrected. The coffee note in this is a plus. 7.5/10

Replica Flower Market by Martin Margiela

Very nice floral fragrance. I get more rose than anything. The ladies should enjoy this one.7.5/10

Moscow Mule by Juliette Has a Gun

Powdery, and more on the feminine side. The ladies will love this one though.

Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017 version) by Christian Dior

Smells a lot like the original except this seems to have a bit more citrus in this.Very nice.
14th February, 2020 (last edited: 15th March, 2020)

Spicebomb Extreme by Viktor & Rolf

Slightly darker version of the original SB. Other than that, it smells the same to me.

1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne

Still has the 1 Million DNA. I would wear this but I don't see myself getting a full bottle. It is still too sweet for my taste. One thing for sure, this will last all day. 6/10

Les Exceptions : Woodissime by Thierry Mugler

Pretty good. Slightly reminds me of Pardon. Pardon is much better though. Boozy, with a nice sandalwood sidekick and vetiver background make this a nice fragrance. 7/10

Pacific Lime by Atelier Cologne

Grapefruit, Lemon and Lime was the first thing that I got from PL. The Coconut, Spearmint and Eucalyptus kick in about 15 minutes later. Spring and Summer gem. 7/10
06th February, 2020

Putain des Palaces by Etat Libre d'Orange

Reminds me a lot of 1740 Casanova except PDP has more musk or animalic notes. Slightly powdery at first with a peach (notes say mandarin) note, until the leather and more potent notes kick in. 7/10
05th February, 2020

No. 19 by Chanel

Green,floral and creamy. Unisex classy gem.7.5/10
01st February, 2020

Remarkable People by Etat Libre d'Orange

Reminds me a lot of Dunhill Icon. The fruitiness along with the pepper note makes it unisex.I don't see myself getting a full bottle, but this is a decent fragrance in my book. 6.5/10
30th January, 2020
29th January, 2020

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme 2009 by Issey Miyake

If you purchase any of the Summer Editions, this is the one you should get. The notes are blended perfectly in this gem!

8.5/10
29th January, 2020

Like This / Tilda Swinton Like This by Etat Libre d'Orange

This one was just not for me. Powdery and slightly Spivey, I just didn't like the mixture of notes. This one leans more towards the feminine side. This one could be a holiday scent.
28th January, 2020

Dangerous Complicity by Etat Libre d'Orange

Subtle coconut and rum with a sandalwood touch makes this a nice one in my book. Not a screaming smell me, I'm here fragrance, but will surely be noticed at close proximity. A future 30 ml purchase will be done. 7.5/10
27th January, 2020