Reviews by Diogenes65

Millésime Impérial by Creed

I honestly wish I knew what the hype is about. This is a very generic smelling forgettable fragrance. It smells like any other forgettable sports scent out there. There is nothing different about this than a dept. store fragrance obtainable for under $30. Stick with GIT or Aventus, at least you won't smell like every high school jock who bought the latest sports flanker...
14th March, 2013

New Haarlem by Bond No. 9

This gourmand smells like maple, vanilla, and coffee. I get a powerful, long-lasting cinnamon that isn't even listed that lingers on my skin. It nauseates me after a while. I was bemoaning another house where they always manage to put one note in their juice that overpowers and ruins an otherwise decent frag. and Bn9 is definitely does the same kind of thing.
13th March, 2013

Rume by Slumberhouse

This opens with a fermented spicey monster projection. I have tried 10 Slumberhouse frags, and the commonality is that they are all over-poweringly strong. It's like hearing a great tune, but turning up the volume to the max...it is too much. This dried down to a more managable mix.

Vikt by Slumberhouse

Very strong Projection monster...an explosion of cloves, nutmeg, other "hot" spices...like an herbal muscle rub. From a distance, this isn't bad...but I can't spray it on myslef b/c it is so strong.

Jeke by Slumberhouse

This smells good...tobacco, smoke, leather and spice...rich, opulent, but this is WAY too strong. I'm wondering if 1/2 spritz behind the knees may be ok, but I can't pull this off full strength on the chest.

Pear + Olive by Slumberhouse

Compared to the rest of the line...this one is tame. Pear, some cognac, slight orange. I don't get much olive. All Slumberhouse juice is MONSTER projection. I almost get coconut on dry-down, though none is listed... kind of like Creed Windsor

Sana by Slumberhouse

This had great potential, but came off like rotten fruit. It smells exactly like fermented berries. Dry down is no better. Like most Slumberhouse juice, it has monster projection, unfortunately that isn't a good thing.

Norne by Slumberhouse

I really want to like this, in fact I do. I just wish it was more complex. , I wish I could detect more incense, smoke, and dirt. The pine notes both resin and oil, are natural smelling. Slumberhouse should be applauded for using only the best ingredients, just looking at the dark green/black juice in the bottle attests to that. I own bottles of essential oil of pine, and oil of balsam. They smell exactly like this. If it wasn't so expensive I would buy some to layer with an Indian Midi Attar to give a dirt note. Just too linear pine for me.
05th March, 2013 (last edited: 06th March, 2013)

New-York by Nicolaï

I find nothing new, inovative, or unique about this. It reminds me of an old lady fragrance. Projection is fair, to be fair, I don't like powder themed frags. Completely forgettable.
05th March, 2013

L'Eau de Rose by Ramon Monegal

Rose, rose, and more rose. A little musk, a little sharp mellon smell. NOT a masculine fragrance. A female fragrance that not many men could pull out.

Cherry Musk by Ramon Monegal

Smells like cherry candy and almonds with musk. I am not a fruit fragrance lover so take my review with a grain of salt. Cherry frags are hard to pull off, this one failed.

Entre Naranjos by Ramon Monegal

This is about orange for sure, but more orange peel than generic orange. A sharp ambery citrus that rises above most orange themed fragrances. The patchouli adds spice.

Ambra di Luna by Ramon Monegal

A very classy fragrance. Much Amber and animalistic castoreum, and a slight whiskey note. Dries down to a powdery sharp amber.

Cotton Musk by Ramon Monegal

Opens with "clean sheets" and musk scent. Lots of gardenia. It is nice, but too quickly turns to a baby powder. It is baby powder from then on...a shame.

Impossible Iris by Ramon Monegal

Monegal is in the habit of labeling all his juice as unisex...but this clearly isn't. This is a powerful iris and ylang ylang open, with a clean soap dry down. Not for me, but well made female fragrance.

Kiss My Name by Ramon Monegal

A VERY powerful floral. Not a man's perfume...I don't know any man who could pull it off. Powerhouse of Tuberose, Jasmine, Iris...And though not listed, an amber note that may just be the balsam and orange blossom. Monster projection.

Lovely Day by Ramon Monegal

A horrible mish-mash of way too many floral notes, mixed in with some fruit. Each floral note is great...together they are horrible.

Mon Patchouly by Ramon Monegal

A very sophisticated scent, I like the amber but I keep smelling powder. The jasmine adds a nice contrast. I don't get patchouli much...it's fleeting.

Guess Seductive Homme by Guess

It smells like what Old Spice would smell like if they reformulated it for the 21st Century. Nothing to see here folks...

Bulgari Man by Bulgari

A very very green fragrance. Not something I would wear, If feels like it needs something...I wish I detected the 'warm' base notes more, it may have helped it

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

This is strange, but alluring. The tar and Chocolate work well together. I disliked it the first time I sniffed it, but it grew on me. I don't think I'd wear it in the hot humid summer though

A*Men Pure Malt by Thierry Mugler

This thumbs up is only half-heartedly up. To me it is so similar to A*Men that it is not worth the money. Stay with A*Men...the Tar is there in both, the gourmand is there, Why waste your money on both? The longevity is much less that the original. It smells good, BUT a copycat.