Reviews by SMF0913

Ellen Tracy (new) by Ellen Tracy

Beautiful warm and spicy. The only bad thing for me is it doesn't last long but I still buy it because I love the scent. If anyone knows of a similar scent that has better staying power, please let me know.
03rd March, 2015

Obsession Night by Calvin Klein

This was a blind buy for me. It's not offensive but I would not buy again. I am not sure what I am smelling except for the citrus opening. After that, a kind of light floral and I was hoping for a more woodsy scent but does not appear on me.
28th February, 2015

Queen by Queen Latifah

Surprisingly I actually like this on occasion. It is very sweet for my normal taste, but as a diversion from the dryer scents I prefer, and for the ridiculous low price, it is a change of pace. I love all of the base scents but could do with less vanilla. I don't smell any of the florals at all just the sweet spicy incense.
05th December, 2014

Mariella Burani by Mariella Burani

This is a beautiful scent but difficult to find now. I have been searching and searching. No luck.
05th December, 2014

Tocade by Rochas

If someone had told me I would LOVE a perfume with vanilla and roses, I would have laughed. But on me this is pure oriental and a dry one at that. I honestly don't smell the vanilla in the dry down at all. On me the dry down is a dry spicy scent, not sweet at all. I LOVE this perfume and I don't think you can easily get this much quality for this little money in many scents.
21st November, 2014

Fendi (original) / Fendi Donna by Fendi

Ahh, I miss Fendi. I think Coco is in the same wheelhouse, but Fendi is still the best in my opinion. ReLAUNCH please!
24th October, 2014

Magie Noire by Lancôme

It is dark, sultry and I love it. For those who seem to have a level of disdain for the 80's at least you knew what perfume you were smelling. Many of the current offerings smelll the same and offer little to separate themselves from 50 other things on the shelf. It is unique, along with a few others from that time, like Donna Karan signature, and Chanel 19. Nothing else smells like them to me and that makes them desirable to me. Unique, is a word I don't use often with much of the perfume that is considered current today. Yes we all know Opium and Poison when we smell them. But I prefer that to "generic brown bag" perfume which is how I describe many of the current offerings. Nothing unique, except perhaps the bottle design.
07th September, 2014

Oscar by Oscar de la Renta

I haven't used this in years but will get a bottle for fall. Nothing bad to say about it. I do like it but I like to experiment with different fragrances.
01st September, 2014

Love and Luck for Women by Ed Hardy [Christian Audigier]

Wow just proves how everyone's chemistry is different. This is without a doubt the worse perfume I have ever had. It was a gift and I use it for air freshener in a room I don't plan on going in. I don't smell any of the base notes in it at all which would be its only redeeming quality for me. I don't even know what it smells like but it is not good.
01st September, 2014

White Linen by Estée Lauder

I love this frag but it does not last on me at all. Yes it is clean but to me beautiful.
07th July, 2014

Unforgivable Woman by Sean John

Nice summer scent and honestly one of the very very few of its type that actually lasts on me. While not my favorite ever, I get an amazing amout of compliments when I where it. S

I don't understand why so many give it negative reviews. Maybe I have unusual chemistry. The things people rave about, if I have had them I could not stand them. Then this, nobody likes and people rave about it on me.
05th July, 2014

Lolita Lempicka by Lolita Lempicka

I got this perfume about 3 months ago without having smelled it. Whoa! Perfume with a vanilla base (yuk) that I had not smelled and I am now spraying this concoction on me. It took me about a week of trying it but I genuinely like it. The vanilla is buried under the other notes and is not noticeable to my nose at all. I think it is very unique and actually quite a beautiful dry down. If I could change anything I would make it slightly less sweet. But it is far better than most of the department store brands many of which dry down to the same old thing no matter the brand or the cost. LL distinguishes itself in that way. Nothing else smells like it to me. Not many brands I can say that about right now.
04th July, 2014

No. 19 by Chanel

This is the only "green" fragrance I have ever liked. I think it is just lovely. The drawbacks are it does not last long and for the price it needs to be with me longer than an hour or two. That said, I think it is unique and is by a landslide my favorite Chanel fragrance. Given my preference for oriental/woodsy/stronger fragrances, my favorite should be Coco, but this is my favorite by Chanel.
03rd July, 2014 (last edited: 07th September, 2014)

Donna Karan Signature by Donna Karan

This is what NO VANILLA smellls like! DIVINE! Love this perfume and wish I could find/afford it now. If I had to pick one perfume for all time, I would choose this.
03rd July, 2014 (last edited: 03rd September, 2014)

Nu Eau de Toilette by Yves Saint Laurent

I am surprised this is so popular in the reviews. I had a bottle of it and while I did use it on occasion, all I could smell was the orchid in it. I would not buy again. Everyone's chemistry is different.

Jivago 24k Gold by Jivago

This is one of the most feminine beautiful perfumes ever. I would classify it as special occasions. It is too beautiful to wear to work .

212 by Carolina Herrera

I have had this in the past and am ordering again today. It's delightful and stays with me for awhile.

Touch for Women by Burberry

I just purchased this without testing it. I have actually purchased many things without testing them and have had excellent luck. This was not one of those times. I have never returned a fragrance because I just don't like it at all. It's kind of expensive for air freshener which for me would be its only use. While I like many of the notes, I really do not like this scent at all and am returning it.