Reviews by Schnitter

Artisan Pure by John Varvatos

I can't believe this costs less per ML than Ferrari bright neroli while being so much better. It is less linear, and you can smell way more notes. I might end up buying a backup bottle.
15th March, 2020

Blu Mediterraneo : Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma

Gonna have to give this 5/5 with an asterisk. I managed to get myself one of those old ugly long bottles and compared it side by side with the new version. The new version lasted on me less than 2 hours, but the older version is incredible. Both smell incredible, but the older version lasts so long for it being this type of fragrance.
31st July, 2019

Cedrat Boise by Mancera

It doesn't smell like Aventus up until the drydown, but it has more going for it on the top and mid. I'd say Aventus for the day, and Cedrat for night outs. Overall, I like it more than my 16L Aventus.
19th May, 2019

Leather Essence by Ferrari

The opening is pretty good, but it doesn't last that long. Bright Neroli remains the only Ferrari I really like.
13th March, 2017 (last edited: 17th May, 2017)

Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

My father wore this all my childhood, so he had the vintage for sure. I didn't like it then, I don't like it now. The smell is very strong and obnoxious.

I do understand why people like it, I can definitely give credit because it is quality juice, just one that I (and many others) don't like the smell of.

This is the "broccoli" or "olives" of perfumes, those who like it will love it, but more than likely people around you wont.
04th January, 2017

Le Mâle Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier

Thumbs up deserved for bottle alone!

I must admit I bought it (blind) just because of the bottle. To my surprise, the scent isn't bad at all!

To me, this smells like a mixture of Carven Homme and a bit of Le Male. The "Le Male" smell fades after the opening and it stays spicy/woody like Carven Homme, but less powdery.

3.5/5
22nd December, 2016

Narciso Rodriguez for Him by Narciso Rodriguez

The opening is very nice, but it soon dries down to a feminine scent. Might be for others, but I don't like florals.

I appreciate and recognize it as a very very good if not great fragrance, but it reminds me to YSL Kouros and I despise that fragrance even though it is very well made.
05th December, 2016 (last edited: 07th December, 2016)

Dunhill Icon by Dunhill

It is a great scent, no doubt. It reminds me of Terre D'hermes for sure only that woody. I don't like the opening of Terre D'hermes, so I prefer this to that... BUT, Terre D'hermes Eau Tres Fraiche is the best. As such, Tres Fraiche gets a 5/5 this gets a 4/5 only because I live in extreme heat. If I lived in a cool area, pretty sure I'd prefer the Icon.
04th December, 2016

Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche by Hermès

The best fresh fragrance I've smelled to date. I don't like the original because of the opening, but this one takes care of that!

Just perfect and as long lasting as it gets for citric frags.
04th December, 2016

Unforgivable by Sean John

I'm giving it positive just because of the price. If it performed better, I would gladly pay more because it does smell great. Initially, it's performance was horrible so my review was negative, but lately I get a few hours more of it.
03rd December, 2016 (last edited: 26th February, 2019)

Fan di Fendi pour Homme by Fendi

How can people claim Dior Sauvage is great when this is so much better?

I am so happy I found a bottle since it has been discontinued for a while. I got it as a sample for buying fragrances at a store and loved it (they didn't have it for sale yet they gave samples of it, yeah go figure).

It is so good, Fendi should get more praise from people.
03rd December, 2016

18.21 Sweet Tobacco by 18.21 Man Made

As others have said, sweet tobacco rum fragrance. I like Bentley Intense, but this beats it. I like Havane, but this beats it.

Great scent, but the nozzle was a bit lose on mine and now I have a leaking bottle "sort of" fixed with plumber's tape.
03rd December, 2016

A*Men Pure Tonka by Thierry Mugler

It is a very good fragrance, the problem is that it isn't too different from Pure Malt, and Pure Malt is just better in all ways.

I was about to buy this, but then I opted to buy a backup bottle of Pure Malt instead.
27th September, 2016

Acqua di Giò Profumo by Giorgio Armani

Original Aqua di Gio smells better, Profumo performs better. Profumo is nice, but doesn't smell too much like Aqua di Gio due to the incense in it.

If Aqua di Gio wasn't so popular, I would rather wear that over this. I've read that Aqua di Gio got reformulated many times and now lasts nothing like it used to, so maybe that is why so many vastly prefer this one over the original. I had Aqua di Gio 15 years ago, so I am comparing it to that version.
09th August, 2016

Sauvage by Christian Dior

I sampled this many times, and I don't think it's worthy of the Dior brand. It is very synthetic, yes, but it isn't something that smells bad. It is "good" and it is a "crowd pleaser". It having NO resemblance to Eau Sauvage makes me wonder if they named it like this on purpose so all the money spent on Sauvage publicity perhaps causes people to discover Eau Savage when going to the fragrance stores and asking "hey you got Sauvage?"

I guess it smells better from far, because smelling it close (as in wearing it) sometimes causes nausea if you spray more than 3.

I might change this to positive, or negative now that I have a full bottle instead of decants that have horrible sprayers. I would not own this fragrance if it wasn't Dior. I really love that house, but I am neutral at best to this release.
09th August, 2016

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

I like Absolute version a lot more than current Fahrenheit. Vintage up until 2012 Fahrenheit, though, is superior.

If you can't find 2012 or earlier, get Absolute instead. Or if you like Midnight in Paris, absolute is a richer version of it.
25th July, 2016

Fahrenheit Absolute by Christian Dior

This is, by far, the best of the Fahrenheit line. I like it better than the original. Granted I never smelled the vintage formulation, just the 2013+ "vanilla" versions. It is so much darker than Fahrenheit.

The best way I could describe it is the dark petroleum of Fahrenheit mixed with Van Cleef Midnight in Paris. If you like Midnight in Paris, then you should definitely like this one too.

Too bad it got discontinued, I will have to stock up on these as they will sure go for ridiculous prices in the near future.

EDIT:
Today, I found 2012 Fahrenheit which raiders of the lost scent blog claims to be the last batch of petroleum version and I do like that version better. So I would rate them:
1 vintage through 2012
2 Fahrenheit Absolute
3 2013 Fahrenheit
25th July, 2016

Dior Homme Cologne (2013) by Christian Dior

This has to be one of the most "SAFE" fragrances ever. I can't imagine anyone disliking it. I have to do a side by side comparison to Mugler, but I am quite sure this one is better. Scent alone I give it a 5/5. Too bad the performance on it.

I will 100% get either this or Mugler Cologne.
24th July, 2016

A*Men Ultra Zest by Thierry Mugler

I don't understand why people are giving it neutra/negatives for originality. I mean, this is the 2015 release. Every year, it is the same DNA with something added to it. If you buy any flanker, you should know by now that the DNA will be there.

As a person who lives in hot weather 90% of the year, I find this the most wearable of all the line. The opening on this one is the best to me. Overall, I like Pure Malt better, but for summer, this is the best one.

I just wish the performance was like Pure Malt and the Orange stayed for longer, then it would be better than Pure Malt. Still, 2nd to Malt is nothing to be ashamed of!
24th July, 2016

Boss Bottled Intense Eau de Toilette by Hugo Boss

I ran out of my original Boss Bottled, so I decided to try this one. They didn't have a tester, so I just blind bought it since everyone claims it is very similar to the original.

Upon initial spray, I was reminded of "One Million" because of the bubble gum smell. While for others that might be a good thing, I hate one million. Despite the interesting opening, it does dry down very closely to original Boss Bottled. This one last longer, and it is more interesting (despite not liking the initial one million smell).

I gave this 4 stars, but now that I have the dry down, I might give it 5. I'll give it a couple wears and decide.
03rd July, 2016

Bright Neroli by Ferrari

Sweet citrus fragrance. Comparable in smell with Neroli Portofino. Not as sweet or complex as Chanel Edition Blanche though.

I heard this isn't offered in USA, and Europe seems to sell it for $80+ I got mine for $55 (US Dollars) so I have to give it 5 stars. Cheaper than Mugler Cologne, and better!
15th June, 2016 (last edited: 04th December, 2016)

L'Eau 2 Kenzo pour Homme by Kenzo

Pretty good "fresh" scent. There are better ones like Mugler Cologne, but this one smells a bit different. I wouldn't buy a bottle myself (got a sample of it only), because I like other citrus fragrances better like Allure Edition Blanche.

Luna Rossa by Prada

It smells like an inferior version of Armani Code. Why get this when Armani Code is better?

Gucci pour Homme II by Gucci

Only one store had it in the 7 perfume shops I went to. The only place that had it look sketchy so I was worried it was a fake.

I asked if they could open it so I could sample it and if it was real, I would most likely buy it. They let me and looked legit, matching serials, strong blue color, and THE SMELL. Oh my, I love the smell. Like nothing I've smelled before.

Being that this was the only bottle in all fragrance stores around my area is a plus... no one will smell like me =)

Unfortunately, projection isn't great nor is the lasting power. Carry a decant, worth it.

Bentley for Men Intense by Bentley

Initially, I was skeptical that a car fragrance could be as good as people have claimed it is. To make matters worse, the only fragrance store that had one, did not have a tester. I asked if they would have a tester soon and the manager said she would open it for me.

One wiff and I was sold, it really is a great leather scent. Smells kind of a spicy DG - The One with strong leather.