Reviews by Joeyjoey70

Gucci Guilty Cologne by Gucci

Not usually a fan of Gucci fragrances but this is a winner IMO. Slight medicinal green juice with a nice dry down of musk and cedar. I really like it just wish it lasted way longer on my skin (4 hours max). For the price and quality I would say it's a strong buy. I am sure it is available to sample in most mall stores. Enjoy!
21st September, 2020

Héritage Eau de Toilette by Guerlain

Amazing quality from start to finish. For the price Guerlain makes superb fragrances IMHO. Citrus opening, in the classic gentlemen's way, that blends into a nice tobacco juice with patchouli and peppery spice off my skin. I really like it and find it to not be overbearing even in warmer weather so this is a "Vivaldi" juice (FragBros). For the price, I would say this is a safe blind buy. Enjoy!
19th August, 2020

Style by Martine Micallef

This, off my skin, is an enormous incense bomb for about a hour or so. It mellows into a fantastic mix of incense, leather, and woods with just a hint of spice. It is gentlemanly for sure. I don't think this is a safe blind buy so try before you buy. I really like it and think this would be awesome during the fall and winter. More of a special occasion or date juice and not something I would wear to the office. Enjoy!
19th August, 2020

Aoud Forest by Montale

I like this but the name is in no way an idea as to what this fragrance smells like. To my nose I get very little "Aoud" and I don't get any type of forest smell. The citrus and over all "fragrance" at the start is similar to Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint. This is in no way as strong as the Mancera but is similar. It is aquatic and overall a very nice spring/summer juice. I would try before you buy if possible. I also wouldn't pay big money for it either... Enjoy!
11th August, 2020

Platinum Collection : Vetiver by Commodity

A complete thumbs up. Starts with a bright vetiver to my nose before it begins to turn slightly smokey. It's not as bright as Mugler cologne nor near as dark as Laliques Encre Noire. To my nose it is extremely close to Terre d'Hermes edp. It is clean smelling and unisex for sure. I find this to be a steal, especially at TJ Maxx $25.00 dollars for 100 ml (seriously). I hope my local TJM has a few bottles (found mine in Atlanta). Safe blind buy IMO. Great for the office or casual.
06th August, 2020 (last edited: 07th August, 2020)

Boss Bottled Intense Eau de Toilette by Hugo Boss

This is a review for the EDP Bottled Intense.

Well I would have to say it is a stronger, smoother Boss Bottled for sure. I wouldn't say it is over bearing in anyway. I would say the EDP as a base layer with a couple of sprays of the original over the top would probably make a great combo, if layering is your thing. I get a slight Layton vibe from it but it's not near the same quality. I do like and if you want a stronger version of BossBottled then go for it. Enjoy!
28th July, 2020

Rocabar by Hermès

Initially it is an amazing juice for 20 minutes or so... fades quickly into a skin scent. How disappointing. I find it similar off the bat to Bel Ami Vetiver. Once the top fades it goes into it's own skin scent direction. I really like it, of course, I wish it was stronger. Nice for the spring or fall. A day time casual juice IMO. I really like it just want way more longevity.
01st May, 2020

Scuderia Ferrari Light Essence by Ferrari

A very light offering from Ferrari. Great for spring and summer and I share this with my son (now 11). He enjoys it as well. Citrus start, slightly floral in the mid and light vetiver in the dry down. I wish it lasted longer than 3 hours on skin. For the price you can over spray for sure. Enjoy!
30th April, 2020

Lippizan by Parfums de Marly

Sour citrus and very green to start. Lots of cardamom, thyme and bergamot for 30 to 40 minutes on my skin. It goes to a patchouli floral in the mid and ends with leather dominant dry down. Overall for the price it's not for me. The quality is there as always with this house this just doesn't work for me. Glad I got a sample. Neutral rating for me. Try before you buy people!

Review update. This is way better than I originally thought. It is in the same ball park as Aramis but WAY smoother. I really think this would be a fall/winter staple in any gentleman's fragrance rotation. I have changed my rating to a thumbs up. Hunting for a full bottle now. Enjoy!
10th March, 2020 (last edited: 18th August, 2020)

Mon Numéro 10 by L'Artisan Parfumeur

I really tried to love this but it is a firm like for me. Incense, sweet, slightly animalic and gourmandish. There is a lot going on in this juice for sure. This is not your typical unisex scent. Strong open that lasts a long time on skin. A try before you buy. On my skin I get citrus, cardamom and a strong cinnamon start. It is very strong. I over did it with 2 sprays. The mid is floral and slightly animalic. The dry down tames down the overall assault with musk, ambergris and leather. It is a great deal price wise if you like the juice. Otherwise, try before you buy.
10th March, 2020

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

Very sweet juice with decent longevity and projection. Not much left to say about this fragrance that hasn't already been said. I find it smells like Fruity Pebbles cereal. I like it, but don't see a full bottle in my future.
23rd January, 2020

Ted's Grooming Room Cologne by Ted Baker

This fragrance is inspired By The Traditional Turkish Aftershave. The top notes are grapefruit and lemon with a hint of leather, black pepper, amber and musk. It is rather clean and not a long lasting scent being of cologne strength. I do get the citrus off the top with what my nose picks up as vetiver. It is very nice but lasts no more than 45 mins on my skin.
17th December, 2019 (last edited: 07th January, 2020)

Vert des Bois by Tom Ford

Vert Des Bois is a green scent and woody tones and slight sweetness to my nose. I really enjoy this juice from start to finish. I get florals, anise, olive leaf, plum and tonka. It is very green at the start for sure. I get around 8 hours of longevity on my skin with 3 hours of projection. I believe this could be an every day office scent or for a dinner date. I would try before you buy due to pricing... Other wise, Enjoy!
11th December, 2019

London by English Laundry

A decent inexpensive dupe of Aventus. Has the pineapple that everyone knows and loves. It goes about 4 hours on my skin. Don't expect a fragrance BOMB! I got mine for less than 12 dollars at TJ Maxx so if you find it at a great price you should give it a chance. Enjoy!
21st November, 2019 (last edited: 07th January, 2020)

Agua Fresca by Adolfo Dominguez

Bitter citrus and clary sage to start. This last for roughly 20 minutes then I get some soft Rosemary and Juniper with light citrus. After the 60 minute mark it's a skin scent on me with Pine, Vetiver and soft woods. I find it to be very nice but not long lasting. It's similar to Houbigant's Fougère Royale with the Houbigant being A LOT better from start to finish. For the price I would say it's a safe blind buy for casual or office use at under $40 US. Enjoy!
28th October, 2019

Métallique by Tom Ford

This is a Aldehyde and Vanilla scent from start to finish for me. It almost disappears after 2 hours on my skin and then WHAM! Vanilla all over the place for several hours. It is a long lasting scent on my skin and didn't realize this was a female juice. I find it to be unisex. A try before you buy due to pricing. Enjoy!
28th October, 2019

Oud 24 Hours by Ard Al Zafraan

Jasmine and Gardenia? Yes. Spicy florals? Yes. Patchouli, Sandalwood and Chocolate? Yes! That's what I get from the start, through the mid and into the dry down. Starts feminine and turns more unisex in the dry down. I would say when it's a skin scent, about 5 hours in for me, it is slightly masculine. Overall it is nice. Very close to Tom Ford Black Orchid. I wouldn't blind buy, so sample first. Otherwise... Enjoy!
08th October, 2019

Aoud Lemon Mint by Mancera

Oriental oud scent that is very strong to my nose. Has a "perfumy" smell to me. If you give it 30 minutes it does settle into a decent juice. There is no mint actually listed but it has a minty vibe I suppose. There is lemon, oud and a lot of jasmine. That's mostly what I get for well over 60 minutes. Leans feminine at the start but does dry into a nice unisex fragrance. Gonna have to give this a few wearings before I decide if I like this. TRY BEFORE YOU BUY...

After wearing this for another full day I feel this is a quality product that is a very high quality nice juice. A thumbs up but a try before you buy fragrance. Enjoy!
23rd September, 2019 (last edited: 24th September, 2019)

Baldessarini Concentrée by Baldessarini

This is an amazing juice from start to finish. It isn't too strong, is very well blended and is perfect year round. I have had several bottles of this juice and it is a top 10 for me. Starts with slightly tart citrus and mint. Mellows into a sweet tobacco and woody notes. A complete winner and full bottle worthy. Enjoy!
19th September, 2019

Amai Mizu by Alexandria Fragrances

A quality interpretation of the original Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme. I really like the opening and find the longevity, projection and sillage slightly less aggressive as the original but other wise is 100% dead on. Full bottle worthy IMO. Enjoy!
18th September, 2019

Royal Mayfair by Creed

This is slightly smokey spearmint on my skin to start with. I know it is a play on the eucalyptus in this fragrance but I do get that off the top. I do also get gin, pine tree and cedar. To my nose eucalyptus is the most noticeable note. Overall a winner for the right price. Would I blind buy this? No, not at all. I do think it is a winner across the board. Enjoy!
10th September, 2019 (last edited: 17th September, 2019)

Tom Ford Noir Anthracite by Tom Ford

WOW! What a great juice from start to finish. I find, to my nose, a strong tobacco note that of course isn't listed. I also do get a lot of peppery notes, ginger, leather, other spices, birch (for a slight smokey nuance) and sandalwood. I REALLY like this juice. I find it to be slightly similar to Tobacco Nuit by Atelier. Also it is way better than Amouage's Journey Man. Both are peppery but TF is just better. It is old school, so most under 30's won't like it. IF you find it in your price range and feel that a power house juice is missing from your collection do find a sample to test. You won't be disappointed. Enjoy!
20th August, 2019 (last edited: 04th September, 2019)

Bitter Soft by Alexandria Fragrances

This is an amazing version of Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather. Start to finish it is in the 95% plus range of similarity. I would say this doesn't last as long as Tuscan Leather but I do get around 8 plus hours of longevity. I find this better than say La Yuqawam for sure. For the money you can't go wrong. Enjoy!
16th July, 2019

White Musk for Men by Body Shop

Clean, soapy and musk. This scent (from start to finish) is close to Kiehl’s Original Musk dry down only. So overall it is a good juice just no sillage. You may get noticed with 8+ sprays multiple times a day. Safe blind buy for sure especially for layering. Enjoy!
06th July, 2019

Raghba by Lattafa

For around $30 US I would say this is an exceptional value for a rather linear juice. This is strong at the start and sweet. It is similar to Dolcelisir by L'Erbolario to my nose with the sweetness and vanilla. I really like the subtle oud/incense vibe I get from this. I do like it and would recommend this for the fall and winter for sure. For the price I would say it is a safe blind buy as long as you don't already have Dolcelisir (Vanilla Sweetness) or 24 Gold (Oudish Sweetness) by Scent Story... Otherwise Enjoy!
03rd June, 2019 (last edited: 10th June, 2019)

The Voices of Trees by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz

This is smokey, resinous and green/woody from start to finish. I really find the Fir note to be top notch. I don't get much Maple or sweetness from this but I don't think it is really needed. Exceptional for fall and winter. Try before you buy... otherwise Enojy!
20th May, 2019

Nautica Blue by Nautica

This is a high school / after gym scent. Not something you will make a staple just an after thought IMO. Similar to Wings and several others released in this time frame of the "aquatic" sensation. It's cheap so other than price I don't see any reason to really own this unless you have a 12 year old looking to impress.
22nd April, 2019

Oud Nobile by Enrico Gi

To my nose I get a strong impression of Davidoff Leather Blend when comparing to Oud Nobile. Sweet citrus at the start. Some spice and a sandalwood and patchouli base. For the price of around $40 US for 100ml I say this is full bottle worthy. Enjoy!
17th April, 2019

Oud Privé by Enrico Gi

This is a stunning scent for a fantastic price. Slightly and I mean slightly medicinal "oud" with strong spices and sweetness from the caramel. In the dry down the oudishness stays in the back ground with sweetness and woods. Knowing there is no oud listed in this juice they do pull of the oud essence. Overall a fantastic juice for less than $40 US for 100ml. Enjoy!
17th April, 2019

Original Santal by Creed

I have tried several Creed's and find this to be a super fresh and clean juice. Not offensive. I would say go easy on the trigger with this one due to it's strength and longevity (at least on my skin). Starts strong with spices and juniper. Once that dies down the sandalwood hits it does last for hours on my skin. I do pick up vanilla in the dry down to add some sweetness. A try before you buy due to cost but I do think most people would be pleased with this juice. Enjoy!
16th April, 2019