Reviews by Joeyjoey70

Portraits : Terrible Teddy by Penhaligon's

An amazing quality juice from start to finish. For the 3 listed ingredients I find this to have an amazing wide range of hints of this and that. There is a bit of citrus at the start and some sweetness from somewhere. I find this about 2 hours in to be similar to Baldessarini. Both are slightly dusty, sweet and a little musky. It also has a similarity to Zoologist Rhinoceros. Rhino by Zoologist is much more rough and rugged with the leather than this juice for sure. I find this to be a fantastic juice. A top ten for sure. I would try before you buy due to pricing. Otherwise, Enjoy!
20th January, 2021

Ambre Noir by Yves Rocher

A nice inexpensive (if you can find it in your price range) juice. Longevity (5 to 6 hours) and projection (1 hour) are not beastly. The juice is Bergamot, Mandarin and sweetish Amber from the start. Soon I get Lavender, Vetiver and Patchouli with musk at the end. The Ambery sweetness stays throughout the scent. I like it and find it nice for casual wear. I would try before you buy do to it being similar to other juices on the market. Enjoy!
20th January, 2021

This is Him! by Zadig & Voltaire

This is a very nice dark boozy fragrance to my nose with similarities to Meharees and to a lesser extent Musc Ravegeur. It has a smokey/dusty vibe along with vanilla (which is the main player to my nose). Longevity is in the 6 to 7 hour range with limited projection after a couple of hours. Overall, for the price, I would say it is a Winner! Enjoy!
12th January, 2021

L'Insoumis by Lalique

Great men's fragrance. I don't find this to be super heavy on me. It has decent longevity and projection. To my nose it is sweet, clean and slightly spicy. I really enjoy it and for the price I find it a complete winner. Enjoy!
07th January, 2021

Series 3: #087 by N.Hoolywood by Six Scents Parfums

Very green juice with a little marine undertone to my nose. I was expecting a little more "tree" smell but I don't get anything of the sort. A safe spring / summer day time juice. In offensive, at least IMO. Enjoy!
06th January, 2021

Stanley Beach by Alexandria Fragrances

A revitalizing juice for sure. Mix of lemon, vetiver, citrus, incense (extends the life of the vetiver and lemon to my nose) and vanilla. Slightly sweet but not in a gourmand way. A nice interpretation of Tom Fords Costa Azzura to my nose. Another winner, in the long line of winners, from Hany and his staff. Keep them coming sir.
15th December, 2020

Encre Noire à l'Extrême by Lalique

A much softer well defined version of the original Encre Noire. The DNA is exact with certain aspects adjusted to make this much easier to wear. I don't think it projects near as beastly as the original. I really like it but don't favor either the original or this over the other. A quality juice from the house of Lalique per usual. Enjoy!
10th November, 2020

Bentley for Men Absolute by Bentley

Strong peppery start with frankincense, cedar and sandalwood. It is a solid dupe/copy of Gucci Pour Homme. It has a underlying dry, dusty spicy nuance that is similar to Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain. For the price it is well worth the investment if you are into Gucci PH. Enjoy!
10th November, 2020

Pasha Parfum by Cartier

A fantastic juice from start to finish. A slightly sweet sandalwood whiskey vibe with tonka and maybe vanilla to my nose. I see where ZC mentioned it could have been a flanker in the L'Envol line and I would agree. Although this isn't honey sweet to my nose it does have that L'Envol "vibe". For the price this is spectacular. Not to overbearing nor super sweet. If you can sample go for it... once you do I think you will probably be looking to make a purchase. Enjoy!
27th October, 2020

Gucci Guilty Cologne by Gucci

Not usually a fan of Gucci fragrances but this is a winner IMO. Slight medicinal green juice with a nice dry down of musk and cedar. I really like it just wish it lasted way longer on my skin (4 hours max). For the price and quality I would say it's a strong buy. I am sure it is available to sample in most mall stores. Enjoy!
21st September, 2020

Héritage Eau de Toilette by Guerlain

Amazing quality from start to finish. For the price Guerlain makes superb fragrances IMHO. Citrus opening, in the classic gentlemen's way, that blends into a nice tobacco juice with patchouli and peppery spice off my skin. I really like it and find it to not be overbearing even in warmer weather so this is a "Vivaldi" juice (FragBros). For the price, I would say this is a safe blind buy. Enjoy!
19th August, 2020

Style by Martine Micallef

This, off my skin, is an enormous incense bomb for about a hour or so. It mellows into a fantastic mix of incense, leather, and woods with just a hint of spice. It is gentlemanly for sure. I don't think this is a safe blind buy so try before you buy. I really like it and think this would be awesome during the fall and winter. More of a special occasion or date juice and not something I would wear to the office. Enjoy!
19th August, 2020

Aoud Forest by Montale

I like this but the name is in no way an idea as to what this fragrance smells like. To my nose I get very little "Aoud" and I don't get any type of forest smell. The citrus and over all "fragrance" at the start is similar to Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint. This is in no way as strong as the Mancera but is similar. It is aquatic and overall a very nice spring/summer juice. I would try before you buy if possible. I also wouldn't pay big money for it either... Enjoy!
11th August, 2020

Platinum Collection : Vetiver by Commodity

A complete thumbs up. Starts with a bright vetiver to my nose before it begins to turn slightly smokey. It's not as bright as Mugler cologne nor near as dark as Laliques Encre Noire. To my nose it is extremely close to Terre d'Hermes edp. It is clean smelling and unisex for sure. I find this to be a steal, especially at TJ Maxx $25.00 dollars for 100 ml (seriously). I hope my local TJM has a few bottles (found mine in Atlanta). Safe blind buy IMO. Great for the office or casual.
06th August, 2020 (last edited: 07th August, 2020)

Boss Bottled Intense Eau de Toilette by Hugo Boss

This is a review for the EDP Bottled Intense.

Well I would have to say it is a stronger, smoother Boss Bottled for sure. I wouldn't say it is over bearing in anyway. I would say the EDP as a base layer with a couple of sprays of the original over the top would probably make a great combo, if layering is your thing. I get a slight Layton vibe from it but it's not near the same quality. I do like and if you want a stronger version of BossBottled then go for it. Enjoy!
28th July, 2020

Rocabar by Hermès

Initially it is an amazing juice for 20 minutes or so... fades quickly into a skin scent. How disappointing. I find it similar off the bat to Bel Ami Vetiver. Once the top fades it goes into it's own skin scent direction. I really like it, of course, I wish it was stronger. Nice for the spring or fall. A day time casual juice IMO. I really like it just want way more longevity.
01st May, 2020

Scuderia Ferrari Light Essence by Ferrari

A very light offering from Ferrari. Great for spring and summer and I share this with my son (now 11). He enjoys it as well. Citrus start, slightly floral in the mid and light vetiver in the dry down. I wish it lasted longer than 3 hours on skin. For the price you can over spray for sure. Enjoy!
30th April, 2020

Lippizan by Parfums de Marly

Sour citrus and very green to start. Lots of cardamom, thyme and bergamot for 30 to 40 minutes on my skin. It goes to a patchouli floral in the mid and ends with leather dominant dry down. Overall for the price it's not for me. The quality is there as always with this house this just doesn't work for me. Glad I got a sample. Neutral rating for me. Try before you buy people!

Review update. This is way better than I originally thought. It is in the same ball park as Aramis but WAY smoother. I really think this would be a fall/winter staple in any gentleman's fragrance rotation. I have changed my rating to a thumbs up. Hunting for a full bottle now. Enjoy!
10th March, 2020 (last edited: 18th August, 2020)

Mon Numéro 10 by L'Artisan Parfumeur

I really tried to love this but it is a firm like for me. Incense, sweet, slightly animalic and gourmandish. There is a lot going on in this juice for sure. This is not your typical unisex scent. Strong open that lasts a long time on skin. A try before you buy. On my skin I get citrus, cardamom and a strong cinnamon start. It is very strong. I over did it with 2 sprays. The mid is floral and slightly animalic. The dry down tames down the overall assault with musk, ambergris and leather. It is a great deal price wise if you like the juice. Otherwise, try before you buy.
10th March, 2020

Tulipe Noire by Atkinsons

This, for the price, is an amazing juice from start to finish. I am really digging the opening through to the dry down. Opens with slightly sweet floral rhubarb. I get hints of jasmine along with slight citrus. Very pleasing. The dry down is a gentlemanly cedar musk ambrox mix... Very nice juice. Not in a cutting edge way just in a nice gentleman way. Can be worn casual, office or date IMO. Top notch and affordable (less than $55 US for 100 ml). Enjoy!

Edit 11.06.20
Longevity update... three hours with four sprays. Meh! I still like it.
06th March, 2020 (last edited: 06th November, 2020)

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

Very sweet juice with decent longevity and projection. Not much left to say about this fragrance that hasn't already been said. I find it smells like Fruity Pebbles cereal. I like it, but don't see a full bottle in my future.
23rd January, 2020

Ted's Grooming Room Cologne by Ted Baker

This fragrance is inspired By The Traditional Turkish Aftershave. The top notes are grapefruit and lemon with a hint of leather, black pepper, amber and musk. It is rather clean and not a long lasting scent being of cologne strength. I do get the citrus off the top with what my nose picks up as vetiver. It is very nice but lasts no more than 45 mins on my skin.
17th December, 2019 (last edited: 07th January, 2020)

Vert des Bois by Tom Ford

Vert Des Bois is a green scent and woody tones and slight sweetness to my nose. I really enjoy this juice from start to finish. I get florals, anise, olive leaf, plum and tonka. It is very green at the start for sure. I get around 8 hours of longevity on my skin with 3 hours of projection. I believe this could be an every day office scent or for a dinner date. I would try before you buy due to pricing... Other wise, Enjoy!
11th December, 2019

London by English Laundry

A decent inexpensive dupe of Aventus. Has the pineapple that everyone knows and loves. It goes about 4 hours on my skin. Don't expect a fragrance BOMB! I got mine for less than 12 dollars at TJ Maxx so if you find it at a great price you should give it a chance. Enjoy!
21st November, 2019 (last edited: 07th January, 2020)

Agua Fresca by Adolfo Dominguez

Bitter citrus and clary sage to start. This last for roughly 20 minutes then I get some soft Rosemary and Juniper with light citrus. After the 60 minute mark it's a skin scent on me with Pine, Vetiver and soft woods. I find it to be very nice but not long lasting. It's similar to Houbigant's Fougère Royale with the Houbigant being A LOT better from start to finish. For the price I would say it's a safe blind buy for casual or office use at under $40 US. Enjoy!
28th October, 2019

Métallique by Tom Ford

This is a Aldehyde and Vanilla scent from start to finish for me. It almost disappears after 2 hours on my skin and then WHAM! Vanilla all over the place for several hours. It is a long lasting scent on my skin and didn't realize this was a female juice. I find it to be unisex. A try before you buy due to pricing. Enjoy!
28th October, 2019

Oud 24 Hours by Ard Al Zafraan

Jasmine and Gardenia? Yes. Spicy florals? Yes. Patchouli, Sandalwood and Chocolate? Yes! That's what I get from the start, through the mid and into the dry down. Starts feminine and turns more unisex in the dry down. I would say when it's a skin scent, about 5 hours in for me, it is slightly masculine. Overall it is nice. Very close to Tom Ford Black Orchid. I wouldn't blind buy, so sample first. Otherwise... Enjoy!
08th October, 2019

Aoud Lemon Mint by Mancera

Oriental oud scent that is very strong to my nose. Has a "perfumy" smell to me. If you give it 30 minutes it does settle into a decent juice. There is no mint actually listed but it has a minty vibe I suppose. There is lemon, oud and a lot of jasmine. That's mostly what I get for well over 60 minutes. Leans feminine at the start but does dry into a nice unisex fragrance. Gonna have to give this a few wearings before I decide if I like this. TRY BEFORE YOU BUY...

After wearing this for another full day I feel this is a quality product that is a very high quality nice juice. A thumbs up but a try before you buy fragrance. Enjoy!
23rd September, 2019 (last edited: 24th September, 2019)

Baldessarini Concentrée by Baldessarini

This is an amazing juice from start to finish. It isn't too strong, is very well blended and is perfect year round. I have had several bottles of this juice and it is a top 10 for me. Starts with slightly tart citrus and mint. Mellows into a sweet tobacco and woody notes. A complete winner and full bottle worthy. Enjoy!
19th September, 2019

Amai Mizu by Alexandria Fragrances

A quality interpretation of the original Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme. I really like the opening and find the longevity, projection and sillage slightly less aggressive as the original but other wise is 100% dead on. Full bottle worthy IMO. Enjoy!
18th September, 2019