Reviews by Cheetah1919

Magus by Teone Reinthal Natural Perfume

I might be with ya here Proust, and the cloves are a standout for me too!
03rd December, 2020

Mousse Illuminťe by Rogue Perfumery

Well letís just say, I have about 75 FBís of fragrances, and over 100 throughout 20 years of wearing and 10 years of actually building a collection.....and this is the first and only fragrance Iíve ever bought a backup bottle of!

Just cannot take the chance that they wouldnít be able to make this anymore for whatever reason. Deserves all the accolades it gets!
19th June, 2020

Elixir by Penhaligon's

So if youíre looking for something similar to TF Sahara Noir, this is definitely a tamed down version. Itís not a match by any means, but there are definitely aspects that give off the same vibe....but not as strong or sharp. Elixir is a bit smoother. It seems that itís about equally as hard to find a bottle of this, as it is Sahara Noir, so Iím gonna have an uphill battle. At least I have Sahara Noir.
19th June, 2020

Cafť Ambre Noir by Sultan Pasha

Agree with almost everything said about this in the other reviews. It is going towards gourmand, but never actually gets there like other fragrances that feature coffee, vanilla, chocolate, spices and such. The Oud and other notes keep it perfectly from being to sweet/foody/etc. Smelled many SP offerings, and this one is top 3 for me! I havenít quite figured out how far and long it actually projects, but it stays on me forever, and stays on strong! I get constant whiffs for 12+ hours.
26th May, 2020

Maderas de Oriente Oscuro by PK Perfumes

MDOO on me is very high class cigar/tobacco shop. Itís so realistic itís almost mind blowing to me. I get mostly tobacco, some smoke, a bit of sweet resinous vibe in the background. Lovely, well done Paul!
14th February, 2020

Antimony by House of Matriarch

Goes on strong, with an early bit of funk, but that quickly dissipates and I get a vibe like that of LDDM. There is more of a charred rose element than frankincense to me though. Thereís something some amber accords and spiciness that I feel blends well together. A bit of a sharp green smell that comes off slightly bitter, which may be what could smell plastic like. But itís also kind of a musky earthy strong smell as well. If I were to guess, I think itís actually real spikenard used in this fragrance! Overall I like it and think it smells like a high quality composition.
23rd January, 2020 (last edited: 24th January, 2020)

Black No. 1 / Blackbird by House of Matriarch

A very nice earthy, smoky/sweet fragrance. Can see why itís mentioned when sexy scents are brought up. I donít get the comparisons to Anubis though. I wear Anubis quite a bit, and Black no. 1 is not near as bold or challenging to wear imo. Also, thereís no smell of actual cannabis here, which is a good thing to me.
23rd January, 2020

Devotion by House of Matriarch

I see this as a softer sweeter type of incense offering. There is definitely a touch of vanilla, and a non offensive Oud like the kind I smell in Crop 16 from House of Oud. I also like that I actually smell more myrrh than frankincense.
23rd January, 2020

Amber Absolute by Tom Ford

As others have said here, it really does open up sort of boozy, and just a tad bit animal dirty. That all goes away quickly, and AA becomes this powerful amber patchouli bomb! I get a little blended in incense, however I wish it had more. Itís moist and thick like most of the TF private blends, and lasts all day. I think it has some nice similarities to Sahara Noir too. Very well done!
20th January, 2020

Sublime Essence Ambre by Ex Nihilo

This is a really nice slightly sweet, ambery oud. And I definitely smell some non skanky oud. There is a nice light woodiness to it, and maybe a touch of incense. Definitely high quality and worth a pretty penny imo, but maybe not the big retail price tag. I found a great deal on my FB, so Iím more than happy!
04th January, 2020

Dear John by B Never Too Busy Be Beautiful

A nice slightly spicy/fresh clove, with a bit of woodiness to it. Very wearable and I think itís a fair priced hidden gem!
01st January, 2020

Labyrinth of Spices by Alghabra Parfums

One of the harshest, weirdest, unpleasant fragrances Iíve ever tried. It is also ABSOLUTELY the longest lasting fragrance in the history of the world! I tried to scrub it off a couple hours after applying with every substance and chemical known to man, but nothing worked, and it literally stayed on my arm in some capacity for 3 days.

If for some reason any of you all try this, and like the smell, you will hit the jackpot for performance.
19th September, 2019

Sea Islands Spyce by Coastal Fragrance

Very pleased by this one! An inexpensive long lasting mix of Aventus, Trumpers Eucris, and Lolita Lempicka.....imo. It has a nice barbershop type cleanliness and a blast of oakmoss!
07th July, 2019

Enigma pour Homme / Creation-E pour Homme by Roja Dove

Just got the pure parfum Creation E at Bergdorf Goodmanís, and couldnít be happier! It lasts almost 2 days on me. All of the good things said about it, I wholeheartedly agree with.
19th March, 2019

Sensei by Piotr Czarnecki

This is now Shihan, and I just got my FB from luckyscent, and itís fantastic! Itís kind of gourmand, but definitely not too sweet. Shihan goes on with a rum and tobacco opening, almost like a honey vanilla type tobacco. There is a bit of amber and cocoa in the background and drydown, and itís all balanced out with a little spice! Itís a very warm scent that is working out well in the col weather.
20th February, 2019

Hyde by Hiram Green

Holy Cow, this is a monster! If you like DARK scents, you need to try Hyde. As mentioned below, it is as beastly as T Rex. I like dark thick scents, but even I canít handle this. Thereís a chewing tobacco smell that rears itís head too.
20th February, 2019

Opus IV by Amouage

A bit of floral that softens the cumin note just a bit, but thatís all I get with this. So far not a fan of the Opus line. Havenít found any I like of the four Iíve sampled.
19th February, 2019

Opus VI by Amouage

Looked promising with the thought of pepper and frankincense upfront, but none there. Just ends up being a powdery amber scent, with some synthetic citrus mixed in.
19th February, 2019

Frank No. 2 by Frank Los Angeles

There is something extremely interesting in this that I canít put my finger on, and Iíve never smelled that particular note before. To me, it is in the same realm as Endymion, as there are a lot of similarities to me, but probably more bright and fresh. It lasts a good long while, but only moderate projection. I am glad to own a FB though!
15th February, 2019

Kyara by Di Ser

Definitely a nice fresh Oud with a bright lemony opening. The medicinal woody Oud is great and lasts throughout, but Iím not sure if itís quite the Kyara smell Iíve experienced on a couple other occasions. I donít feel like I get much cedar or sandalwood, but a bit of pine resin or something close. I also
donít pick up any rose, but thatís a good thing for me, I didnít want smell any rose. Obviously itís extremely expensive, but if you have a flexible budget, it may be worth the FB price.
14th February, 2019

Whispered Myths by Imaginary Authors

Wow, got WM in a sample pack awhile back, and now Iím not sure if I ever tried it?!? Found it in the drawer today and used a good amount...and glad I did! Itís real, quality, Oud! Itís easier for me to decipher between real and fake Ouds since Iíve been purchasing a few real Oud oils lately. The cedar and honey aspect really balance out the medical sharp edges of the Oud. FB worthy imo!
08th February, 2019

Myths Man by Amouage

This mostly gets a thumbs up for its complexity, but also the nice smoky leather drydown. Longevity as always is also a huge plus! It starts and continues for awhile with floral, Iím guessing chrysanthemum since I donít smell much iris or rose. I can see why this gets a lot of strong reviews both ways since it is that polarizing, but as far as a few stating they smell fecal or barnyard aspects.....I donít know, I canít see that at all, and Iím usually very sensitive to any fecal matter in fragrances.

Some similarities to Interlude, but I like Interlude more. Myths goes off in more directions than I would prefer, but still seems well composed.
02nd February, 2019

Noir Encens by Mad et Len

A very lite incense type scent. It is clean and just a bit sweet, possibly from the amaretto. Surprisingly for being softer, dry and lite, it still has decent projection and lasts a good long time. Very worth trying!
01st February, 2019

Embers by Rouge Bunny Rouge

I just figured it out....Embers smells a lo like TF Sahara Noir, just not quite as strong! This could be a good thing, as the opening of SN is sometimes overbearing for me.
31st January, 2019

Plein - Jeu III-V by Sauf

This one ended up being my favorite of the first 3. It is light and definitely not dominant in any way, or with any note. I get a warm burning bowl of resins, amber, and slightly sweet incense of some sort, but it is extremely well blended! Liked it enough to purchase the FB.....which is a fantastic piece in its own right....some of the best and neatest package, box, and bottle combination that Iíve seen!
30th December, 2018

Contre Bombarde 32 by Sauf

I mostly agree with ClaireVís review below! There is a nice old churchy feel to this with plenty of levels throughout its span. If I really concentrate, I feel like I can pick up on every note in the pyramid! An unappreciated hidden gem IMO
13th December, 2018

Eau Sacrťe by Heeley

The review below says it all for me. While similar to Cardinal and Avignon to me, I find this to be nicer and deeper than the others. More of an authentic (not trying to hard) feel. Glad I bought a FB!
23rd October, 2018

Bracken Man by Amouage

Bracken just keeps getting better every time I wear it! Itís like your freshly mowed grass just got sprayed down, but the hose was filled with a fresh soapy, cinnamon clove mixture! Clean, spicy, grass....yuuuuummm!!
31st August, 2018

Armani Privť Sable Fumť by Giorgio Armani

Just sampled this today, and the review from lovescully below could not be anymore spot on! My review would be the same, just not as well articulated! Try it!
17th August, 2018

Portraits : The Uncompromising Sohan by Penhaligon's

If you like real raw Oud, I think you may be a fan of this Uncompromising Sohan. It is done really well, and as pointed out in the first review, it starts fairly sharp but ends with a softer more mild side. I also think the rose is fairly hidden in this fragrance. Rose dominant scents usually bother me, but Sohan is mainly characterized by the Oud with some minimal vetiver and saffron. If anybody has smelled Histoires Outrecuidant, I believe youíll find some nice similarities!
16th July, 2018