Reviews by Hayling

Palo Santo by Carner Barcelona

Wait what ? I wish I could smell the warm milk, the rum, the guaiac wood, or even the caramel. All I get from this is a very vegetal chicory like scent. YUCK.

Danger pour Homme Cologne by Roja Dove

A nice fougère pour homme, but nothing groundbreaking in my opinion. It also remind me of Frederic Malle's Music For A While.

Blu Mediterraneo : Mandorlo di Sicilia by Acqua di Parma

An amazing summer gourmand ! Almond cake smelling almost. Unfortunately, the scent is very fleeting on my skin. I won't buy a full bottle but it is very nice.

Shooting Stars : Apollonia by Xerjoff

Very unique smelling fragrance. It does have a very special quality, reminiscent to the moon. It is almost like if they captured a little bit of moon dust from 1969 and put it inside the bottle.

It is a futuristic musk fragrance, soft, elegant and powdery. Very classy. Not my favorite from the house, but oh man is it good. Thumbs up!
07th August, 2020

Relativamente Rosso by Bois 1920

As a person with a sweet tooth, I can confidently say that this is waaaay too sugary. Sickly sweet and even weird at times, like it turned bad, and this is on paper AND on skin of several people. No bueno.
04th August, 2020

Siwa by Memo

Smells good, cosy and well blended, but way too soft.
28th July, 2020

No. 4 Après l’Amour by Thomas Kosmala

Smells very good, be careful with the sprays. It clearly reminds me of BR540 and Instant Crush. So I will not get a full bottle since it would be redundant.

Edit: The drydown smells like burnt rubber on my skin. That's unfortunate because the opening was glorious.
23rd May, 2020 (last edited: 28th May, 2020)

Salted Green Mango by Strangers Parfumerie

I get seaweed and salt, nothing else, no mango whatsoever, hard pass for me.
23rd May, 2020

Shooting Stars : Cruz Del Sur II by Xerjoff

Milky mango. An exotic and fantastic blend. I will wear this A LOT during summer.
10th May, 2020

Shooting Stars : Uden by Xerjoff

Another bomb from the fantastic brand that is Xerjoff. One of the most perfect scent I’ve ever smelled in my whole life. And trust me, I’ve smelled a lot of niche fragrances. The drydown is simply heavenly, everyone wants to know what I’m wearing, people go absolutely nuts about this stuff. Compliments left and right all day everyday. Just get it guys, it’s a gem. It’s a crowd pleaser for sure, it is so perfectly blended, the rum, the coffee, the ambergris and the creamy citruses. Flippin amazing. Words cannot do justice to this exquisite concoction so I’ll just leave it at that. 10/10
02nd May, 2020

A Midsummer Dream by Roja Dove

Very pleasant scent, but not for me (its a little too "green", but as you can expect from a Roja perfume, the quality is top notch and I can definitely see why people love this. It really has that dreamlike feel to it. I give this one a thumbs up but it's simply not FB worthy to me :)
08th April, 2020

Oud Stars : Alexandria II by Xerjoff

It's a good fragrance, and very well blended, but the wow factor is not there for me. I can certainly see why it's so popular though :)
07th April, 2020

Angélique Noire by Guerlain

Stunning vanilla fragrance. Very cozy, people pleaser, strong but never cloying, blended to perfection. I actually spray my bed with this to make sweet dreams :)
23rd March, 2020

Oud Ispahan by Christian Dior

It seemed very promising at first, then 3 hours later I get a very pungent hamster cage smell (on my skin at least), what the heck?

The opening is beautiful though.
15th March, 2020

Instant Crush by Mancera

Honestly this is beautiful. To me, it has that BR540 vibe minus the latex gloves, so it’s definitely a winner in my book and I will wear this far more often than BR540.
Oh and it’s a compliments machine, if that’s your thing.
20th February, 2020 (last edited: 28th February, 2020)

Armani Privé Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani

A very nice tuberose scent, but as a man I simply cannot wear it, it screams femininity. Would be stunning on the right women. Thumbs up

Sucre Noir by Arte Profumi

Sucre Noir smells EXACTLY like other pure vanilla/sugary scents like Mazzolari Vaniglia, or Vanille West Indies Ligne St. Barth for example... If you have smelled or if you already own one of those, don't buy this, it would be redundant. Very nice smell though, if you love sugary sweet fragrances, it would surely satisfy you.

Velvet Vanilla by Mancera

It kind of reminds me of Guerlain Angélique Noire with a very amplified bubblegummy tuberose note and nuclear performance, very nice scent!

Memoirs of a Trespasser by Imaginary Authors

Is it just me, or this smells like a flavored condom... And actually it makes me nauseous. Hard pass.

Tobacco Collection Rich Warm Addictive by Zara

Guys, one of the best cheapies you can get. Trust me. The quality is outstanding, it does smells expensive. I have close to 100 Niche fragrances on my shelves and this can compete with them. Bang for your buck .com

Oh, and did I mention that the ladies love it?
17th February, 2020

Oud by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Smells pleasant... a bit generic for an oud offering... It smells clean and inoffensive, but nothing mind blowing here.

Like & pass.
14th February, 2020

Kalan by Parfums de Marly

Oh hell naw. Cmon PDM, I love you but what did you do?? Why would you do this to me?

This perfume is a chemical mess, honestly... I don't understand what happened here, and I also can't get my head around all this praise about Kalan. This just smells bad no cap.

I'm going back to smell my babies: Oajan, Herod, Carlisle and even Layton, to clean my brain and nose of this doodoo that i've just smelled. Bottle is gorgeous tho.

Sorry Kalan, but you're getting your first negative review and it is well deserved, sadly.

Liquid Night by A Lab on Fire

Nope. Nope. Noooope. Way too harsh, I don't want to smell like a damn hinoki tree for 14 hours. Scrubber alert!

Chergui by Serge Lutens

Honestly, there's nothing groundbreaking here, and you know it. (yes, you). It doesn't smell bad, but it's a big meh for me. This perfume is the definition of overhype.

Neutral leaning towards thumbs down.

XJ 1861 Naxos by Xerjoff

Beautiful, but since I own and love Pure Havane, I won't be buying this, it would be redundant :)

Besides that, a fantastic fragrance.

A*Men Pure Malt by Thierry Mugler

Just behind Pure Havane, but its a close second :) FANTASTIC designer fragrance.
23rd December, 2019

Rose Sheherazade by Première Note

Very similar to Montale Intense Café if you ask me. Nonetheless, very, very good. Thumbs up.
20th December, 2019

Gentle Fluidity (Gold Edition) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Smells like Montale Intense Café and Rose Shéhérazade by Première Note, a good scent but kind of redundant.
24th November, 2019

Oud Bleu Intense by Fragrance Du Bois

Masterpiece. This Indeed evokes the blue color, it’s like an aquatic and tropical oud... The depth that this magnificent concoction has is truly amazing. It is sweet, aquatic, resinous at the same time. It captivates and lures people in... and trust me if they get a whiff of this they will compliment you. As another perfume reviewer, this scent makes you feel smart and classy. Remarkable. Probably my favorite from the house along with Santal Complet. Huge thumbs up and a 11/10 in my books.
08th November, 2019

Messy Sexy Just Rolled Out of Bed by A Lab on Fire

Strong and sweet, absolutely. But there is something stale and sour in this which I find utterly disgusting. Nope, not sexy. At all.
29th October, 2019