Reviews by Bbrito

Aoud Vanille by Mancera

Just received this today after a blind buy and I must say I'm enjoying this fragrance. Wood and vanilla is all I get (initial reaction) and that's good because that is what I was expecting. Will definitely keep trying. Plus, strong juice.

It layers great with Jo Malone's Oud & Bergamot

Update: so today's my second day wearing this and I'm enjoying it more and more. Got two compliments today...so that's cool

Oud Satin Mood Extrait de Parfum by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Rose, rose, and more rose. That's all I get throughout the whole scent's life and that's ok. I seem to only wear this one particularly to church. It works on me and it smells great.

Edit: I layered this today with Tom Ford's Tobacco Oud Intense and it was magic. Still is. Still projecting. Satin tends to be a bit linear so I've found TF gives it something around the edges.

Aqua Universalis by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

This is my signature scent for various reasons. It is the one that introduced me a couple years ago to the "niche/higher end" world of perfumes.
First time I smelled it I immediately loved it because it was so clean and different...and yet it reminded me of something (might be a memory of some sort) I couldn't stop thinking about it I had to have it. For me this one changes on every occasion, sometimes it's more floral sometimes it's more citrus.
Perfect for the summer weather year-round we get here where I live.

I can use it day or night, any occasion, always seems to put me in a good mood.

My most complimented perfume I have.., would consider it a safe blind buy. Go out and try it if you haven't yet.

Edit 1: my roommate says he can smell it from downstairs

Italian Cypress by Tom Ford

One of the best Tom Ford releases... Sadly not sold in stores any longer. I hope they bring it back like previous ones. As for the scent.. A very fine, mature, perfectly balanced scent I have found works best for those formal occasions.
Still very much available through online shops..if you can find it, try it.

Dark Aoud by Montale

Did a blind buy of this because I do love oud and I do love wood... and I'm testing it out today at work but definitely I'm enjoying it so far and so did my roommate this morning when I walked out... so, so far it's a thumbs up for me.

Oud by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

One of my favorites from the Oud line and my girlfriend's favorite on me...

Unisex
Bright
Crisp

I will admit it took me a couple tries to really enjoy it so if you're on the fence on this give it some time.

Been meaning to try Montale's Aoud Melody since I hear it's so similar..

Coromandel Eau de Toilette by Chanel

Just got it and I'm trying it on for the first time, reaction: I'm loving this right now!

On my skin Im getting an earthy rose covered in incense and there's definitely something slightly gourmand coming from the chocolate but it's not overly done.

As I'm writing this review I'm getting more of a citrusy powder and my roommate from the other side of the room just said it smells "really good"...yeah I'm liking this..

Will have to wait for the drydown...