Reviews by Tlockerk

Nudiflorum by Nasomatto

Lovely green,light floral, musky scent that seems to sparkle and evolve throughout a long dry down. Like the few other Nasomatto scents I enjoy, it hangs close to the skin and lasts well into early evening.
28th September, 2020

Gransenbon by Tartine et Chocolat [Givenchy]

Purchased a vintage "EDT sample in box", faded "French" looking 2" tall pink cardboard box with 3 ml/.10o fitted scent container with stopper (no drop tube).

I do not know if it is the age of the product, or as noted in earlier review , the faintness of the scent but it was ephemeral, a distant swish of bridal bouquet flying by, then gone. Within an hour I could find no traces. My nose is not "a nose" as perfumer,but it is very sensitive, if it disappeared to me, I am comfortable most would no longer detect it. I would agree it would be great for pre-teen or office, but need longer scent to even judge it properly. For now, it will go to my niece, so not a loss.
28th September, 2020

Heliotrope by Etro

Initial blast was frankly unpleasant to me; happily I couldn't get to a place to wash it off....and hung onlong enough to have a LOVELY surprise..but mellowed nicely and cozy scent with decent longevity. Definitely going for a second trial, putting it on a bit earlier so the first hit is over by the time I leave home.

Dolce & Gabbana pour Femme (new) by Dolce & Gabbana

Quick early blast, then a period where the scent seems to pause and slowly fill the air with strong vanilla base tinged with a nice heliotrope and sandalwood support. Definitely a "yummy"sweet scent, but the vanilla overwhelmed the experience for me.

Dent de Lait by Serge Lutens

Trial bottle, initial sparkly floral, at two hours settles into a warm creamy slightly almond drydown that is very lightly floral. Reminded me of a spring morning when bulbs and dewy flowers freshen the light breeze flitting the curtains, but nothing startling or exciting. Cosy.

Heliotrope by Demeter Fragrance Library

Agree with Abbiss, burst of very sweet scent...then it disappears leaving a faint alcohol. Got it in a 'mixed trial' exchange..won't even pass on.

MAAI by Bogue Profumo

To me this was a MACHO male scent, and I rarely characterize any scent as gender-specific. I came of perfume age in the blasts of the overblown 1980's.To me this smelled like the skanky too-old guys still at the bar at last call. The initial charred animalistic smokiness almost did me in. It did mellow but the unpleasant almost metallic civit ran the other fainter of heart ambers and florals away leaving a little puff of an old fire pit the morning after camping.
12th September, 2020

Gheorghe by Strangers Parfumerie

To me a confusion of scents battling it out on my skin. Strong initial whoosh then scents swirl and combine in chaotic around...there are some nice scents during drydown to what is to my mid-age nose an 'old man' cologne. Not awful, but not my style.Perhaps more a male cologne after all? Love Salted Mango, this one isn't as ... fun.
14th July, 2020

Slow Dance by Byredo

Frankly I was very pleasantly surprised by this perfume. The inital tone was warm and slightly sweet. As it dried down, that pleasant odor I didn't recognize (opopanax?). This scent seemed to hold the rest of the scents as it developed; it became lightly floral, spring-time notes. A delight.
What stunned me when I read the fragrance notes was that patchouli and vanilla were the end notes. I usually avoid anything "patchouli" and with few exceptions, avoid vanilla in scent mixtures.
This was blended with skill and it's a scent I'll keep to wear for close and intimate situations. It did fade fairly quickly through early scents and even vanilla had faded out (on me) in 6 hours or so.
12th July, 2020