Reviews by AspicMyopic

Patrichs by Louise-Philippe

Patrichs by Louis Philippe is a masculine fougere. Louis Philippe is of course a well known design house from Monaco. However this fragrance, along with the Prince Matchabelli stable, was owned by the giant Unilever Corporation by the late 1980s. Unilever were producing and distributing Patrichs in Australia, New Zealand and, I believe, in the UK. Patrichs by Louis Philippe was discontinued in those countries sometime in the late 90s or early 2000s. But I've heard that the brand is being produced by a different owner and is available in Italy and Argentina.
I am reviewing a 20mL splash bottle of Louis Philippe aftershave. It was bottled sometime around 1989 to 1991 at Unilever Australia's Prince Matchabelli department, which was part of their large factory complex in the Sydney suburb of North Rocks. From this complex Unilever produced brands such as Louis Philippe, Prince Matchabelli, Faberge and Rexona for the Australian, South East Asian and South Pacific markets. As this bottle is at least 30 years old the performance of the scent has degraded with time and this has affected my assessment of the fragrance.
To my nose Patrichs is a standard fougere with some pleasing notes, nothing remarkable but certainly acceptable. In the opening I get oak-moss and some vetiver and as it settles on the skin I detect bergamot in there. The fragrance becomes increasingly woody as it dries down. About 20 minutes after dry down the fragrance disappears almost completely but this is probably due to that age of the formulation I'm using. Overall a pleasing, warm fragrance but not outstanding. There is nothing that makes me particularly nostalgic or want to reach for this bottle time and again. It is a competently blended and satisfactory cheap fougere aftershave. I would like to try a more recent formulation from Argentina or Europe for comparison.
17th September, 2021

Paco Rabanne Pour Homme by Paco Rabanne

Paco Rabanne Pour Homme is a classic 1970s fougere, that manages to be very masculine while also being somewhat clean and refined for a barbershop scent. It opens with a strong oak-moss that puts Paco Rabanne in the hairy chest, open collar shirt category. The opening is warm and inviting and there is also distinct musk in there. As Paco Rabanne Pour Homme dries down some nice floral notes (particularly lavender) come through that gives this fragrance a more refined and classy feel, at this point the fragrance also takes on a soapy, clean scent. The fragrance carries the warmth of the amber throughout which I find gives it a comforting vibe. Those who appreciate this genre of fragrance will find Paco Rabanne Pour Homme pleasing, there is a reason why it has stuck around as a classic masculine fragrance for almost 50 years. This is a good fragrance for weekend wear during spring and autumn. It has respectable performance, good arm length projection and it lasts all day on my skin, particularly in cooler weather. Overall a very good fougere, for me it's better than Drakkar Noir but not quite as good as Aramis. It sits confidently between those two classics. I enjoy wearing Paco Rabanne Pour Homme.
14th September, 2021

One Man Show Ruby Edition by Jacques Bogart

The house of Jacques Bogart seems to pack a lot of scent into the bottle for a modest price. One Man Show Ruby Edition is a bold synthetic fragrance with strong performance. It's a warm, aromatic masculine scent presented in a red bottle with a good spray atomiser that generously disperses the juice. Ruby Edition opens with what I perceive as a cough syrup scent as it sprays onto the skin, but as it settles on the skin I definitely get the dark tone of the oud in there along with a sweetness. As it dries down the incense really comes to the fore and for me it evoked memories of visiting Hindu and Buddhist temples. Incense, while a pleasant sweet scent and strongly associated with worship and devotion, may not seem an ideal fragrance for modern men. But in OMS Ruby Edition I think it works well because of the complexity of the other notes in the background. The oud is still there lurking in the background of the dry down, but there is also a certain masculine warmth that I think must come from the labdanum. The result was that I kept wanting to smell my arm as I found a sort of unique appeal there. Overall One Man Show Ruby Edition is warm and a little dark, yet sweet and a little spicy. Performance wise it is strong, I would advise against over-spraying, especially on warm days as it can become cloying. The fragrance lasts all day on my skin and projects very well with one or two sprays. It is a synthetic cheapie and so it won't be everyone's cup of tea, I do think the opening smells cheap. But I think it is a good fragrance and no denying that it's great value for those who like it.
07th September, 2021

Old Spice White Water by Procter & Gamble

I am reviewing an early 2000s bottle of Old Spice Whitewater by Procter & Gamble. The blue juice in the clear glass bottle with that distinctive Old Spice shape and bottle stopper is well presented, and I remember attracted me to this flanker when I saw it on the shelf years ago. Old Spice Whitewater is a fresh aquatic scent, less spicy and warm than the original, but some of that Old Spice barbershop DNA is still in there. Some of the spicy and floral notes of the original are present in Whitewater, but are toned down with an increase in the citrus and woody notes. The result is a very pleasant scent that I dare say is more contemporary than the original and consistent with the blue fragrances of the 1990s that were popularised by Cool Water (1988). I enjoy wearing Old Spice Whitewater after a shave as it gives a fresh, clean feeling without the heavier, spiciness of the original Old Spice. Although I would describe it as a fresh, aquatic version, it is still a barbershop scent. However, I would say it is a barbershop that many younger men may feel happy to wear. Old Spice Whitewater lasts about 4 hours on my skin and projects moderately well initially, settling close to the skin after about 2 hours. Overall it is a good fragrance that will probably be appreciated more by those of us who have some appreciation for the original Old Spice. Unfortunately it seems to have been discontinued as I can no longer find it either in stores or online. The Whitewater brand is still used in Old Spice deodorants, but I am not sure if the scent is the same as this cologne. This flanker took the original Old Spice and made it more contemporary and fresh and so I would have thought that it should have remained in production.
04th September, 2021

Old Spice by Procter & Gamble

Old Spice has been around since 1937 and more than 80 years later it continues to sell because:
1. It's affordable and very accessible.
2. It's a well established and known brand.
3. It smells good.
Some may turn their noses up against Old Spice due to it being a common and cheap fragrance, but for what it is it's actually a pretty good fragrance. Old Spice is an old barbershop scent and so it will appeal more to older men, but the fact that it is still sold on supermarket shelves everywhere after more than 80 years means that it must have some intergenerational users. There is a complex range of notes in Old Spice but in the opening I get spicy, citrus and woody notes. As the fragrance settles some floral notes come through but the fragrance continues to be warm, spicy and a little powdery. I love the classic barbershop genre so naturally I like Old Spice. There is no doubt that the success of this scent over the years has inspired other fragrances within this genre. The humble ordinary man's scent that has had more impact within perfumery and socially than what we perhaps realise. Overall I like Old Spice even though the current plastic bottled formulation is weaker and lacks the performance of the glass bottled classic of 25 years ago. I enjoy wearing it at home after grooming, it's not something I wear outside very often apart from maybe a trip to the supermarket or running errands. I tend not to wear Old Spice to work or to social occasions mainly because it is an older barbershop scent that many people would probably associate with their father or grandfather, that's not necessarily a bad thing, but I prefer to use more refined or contemporary scents when out and about. Nonetheless respect to this stalwart of the fragrance world.
28th August, 2021

Mercedes-Benz Club Black by Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes Benz Club Black opens with a warm blast of benzoin along with vanilla. The opening is interesting and it reminds me of the reception/waiting area of a prestige car auto-shop. I'm not sure if that is what the creators of this fragrance were aiming for and I'm also not sure if I really want to smell like the waiting room of a prestige car mechanic. As the fragrance dries down on the skin the warmth of the benzoin is still there but not as prominent. The prominent accord in the dry-down is a slightly sweet vanilla, from here the fragrance remains fairly linear to my nose. This is not very exciting as vanilla seems to have been used and overused in so many mens fragrances over the last 20 years, and it doesn't seem to make Mercedes Benz Club Black stand out in any special way for me. What you end up with is an ok, run of the mill, easy reach scent, that is nicely packaged with a good atomiser, and at a reasonable price. I find the bottle design more appealing than the actual fragrance. The performance is good. Mercedes Benz Club Black seems to project well for the first hour, it then stays closer to the skin, it lasts about 5 hours on my skin. It's a reasonable fragrance but not spectacular.
25th August, 2021

M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent

Dark and a little sweet, M7 Oud Absolu is a warm and comforting fragrance that exudes elegance and a certain sensuality. As much as people rave over the original M7, I tried it at an airport duty free years ago and I thought it was good but not outstanding. But this flanker of the original is masterful. To my nose M7 Oud Abolu opens with an enticing blast of caramelised orange peel, then the darkness of the oud comes though. The oud intensifies a little during the dry down and the patchouli also becomes more noticeable. Bringing it all together is the comforting warmth of the amber. It's a beautiful fragrance that I enjoy wearing, there is a certain masculinity about it but I think that some women could carry this scent well. This fragrance is not very loud and so it has some versatility, it could be worn in certain professional settings and is suitable for more intimate occasions. The fragrance projects moderately well and it lasts most of the day on me as a skin scent.
18th August, 2021

Lagerfeld Classic by Lagerfeld

This review is based on my experience with the Lagerfeld Classic Aftershave in the splash bottle as opposed to the EDT. Lagerfeld is a musky, powdery and warm fragrance that has good performance. It is a masculine scent although I think it could potentially pass as a unisex fragrance. Some say it is a bit dated and while I would agree, I believe it is still very wearable but probably more suited to an older man. In the opening the hint of rubbing alcohol is present initially, but then as I am using the aftershave that is to be expected. Musk, tonka and a hint of vanilla are all there in the opening, and as Lagerfeld dries down the floral notes begin to rise to the fore making for a nice well rounded scent. Lagerfeld Classic is one of the more elegant masculine fragrances of the 70s giving more classy vibes, perhaps it is because of those rose and jasmine notes. The amber also gives a nice warmth that brings it all together nicely. I like this fragrance but it is not something that I would wear frequently. However I can see why this fragrance became popular and continues to be appreciated by many. If the aftershave is good then I can only imagine that the EDT must be even better. Even the aftershave has a great performance, the good sillage for the first couple of hours and the scent lasts at least 5 hours on me. This bottle of Lagerfeld Classic Aftershave was gifted to me many years ago, and although I appreciate this fragrance and am happy to have it in my collection, it is probably not something I will replace once my bottle runs out. Still, this slightly dated fragrance gets 4/5 from me.
15th August, 2021

La Nuit de L'Homme Eau de Toilette by Yves Saint Laurent

A great fragrance, masculine, refined, sexy. The opening with that cardamon is amazing, tempered with some bergamot it is perfect. As it dries down it takes on a somewhat powdery character to my nose, almost like tonka or musk, although they are not in La Nuit de L'Homme. Possibly I am getting the lavender with the warmth of the amber. Either way it works very well. This is a fragrance that I would definitely buy again and keep as a regular in my stable. It is a very good date night fragrance but it is not too bold to wear at work. It lasts about 4 or 5 hours of my skin projection is average for the first couple of hours then it remains close to the skin. So overall, an excellent scent, reasonably versatile with average performance. It also garners some compliments occasionally.
08th August, 2021

L'Homme Idéal Eau de Parfum by Guerlain

This is an understated yet elegant fragrance. It opens with cherry, bergamot and nutty notes and then settles with a nice vanilla and almond scent. During the dry down I detect some floral notes. Overall a very pleasant fragrance that would be a good signature scent and something that seems fairly versatile. It doesn't have strong projection and remains close to the skin although it lasts most of the day. To me this is not overly masculine and may pass as a unisex fragrance. I think it is a good fragrance, sophisticated, gourmand and subtle. Not at all overpowering or bold, but has a certain quiet confidence about it. I enjoy it but I do wish the projection was a bit better. I think it is most suitable for men over 25 and is good for most occasions.
05th August, 2021

Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

For me there is nothing divisive about Kouros, it is a fantastic fragrance pure and simple. A masterpiece by Pierre Bourdon that since it was released 40 years ago has been steadfastly popular, masculine and beautifully blended. I can only speak about the older formulation however, as my bottle is circa 2006. My bottle has lasted me so long because Kouros is a strong performing fragrance and it is a bold fragrance for certain occasions and moods. I first smelt Kouros on a sample card attached to a magazine advertisement back in the late 1980s. I was an adolescent at the time and Kouros captivated me. I thought it was strong, masculine, sophisticated and sexy. 30 odd years later and I still love it.
While many people notice the civet, which can be off putting for some, there is actually a lot going on in Kouros. In the opening the oakmoss is strong along with some citrus and aldehydes. Of course there is that powerful musk that starts to kick in from the opening, along with the tonka bean. The sharp opening settles down and the scent becomes more powdery and the floral notes come to the fore, tampered by leather and a hint of cinnamon. All of it is perfectly blended in a way that you would expect from a perfumer who had mastered his craft.
I find Kouros to be a strong and confidence inspiring fragrance. I would not wear it to the office or close work occasions. It is suitable for a date night, parties or just weekends when you want something confident, bold and complex. The oakmoss in the opening may make this fragrance take on a dated vibe, but the dry-down of this scent can compete with the best contemporaries. Kouros lasts all day on my skin, again I'm reviewing an older formulation, and the projection is excellent. One of the favourites in my collection.
29th July, 2021

Joop! Homme by Joop!

I used to wear Joop! Homme back in the late 90s and early 2000s. Back then I thought it was one of the best things I ever smelt, since then my tastes have matured and I have outgrown this fragrance. I still have a bottle that would be about 20 years old. Not much juice left and the distinctive magenta colour has changed to a darker shade. However the scent is the same and the performance is still amazing.
Imagine opening a packet of sweet, sickly jellybeans and sprinkling some of your grandad's pipe tobacco in there. That is Joop! Homme. Sweet, cloying vanilla with a hint of tobacco. There are other notes such as tonka bean, musk and orange. But the vanilla is the standout note throughout the life of the scent. As for longevity it is great and lasts 8 hours or longer on my skin, especially in the winter. It projects very well too leaving a good sillage trail for the first few hours of wear and projects at least arm length beyond then.
Joop! Homme is the only fragrance to date that I have received unsolicited negative feedback on. Possibly because back in the day I over-sprayed it maybe. Due to the strong performance be careful not to overdo it with Joop!, it can be cloying and tends to be divisive as a fragrance. Most people either love it or really dislike it and over-spraying can bring out the negative reactions in those who dislike it.
Joop! was a popular clubbing fragrance back in the 1990s and it used to be sold in department stores as a more pricey designer fragrance. These days Joop! Homme can be found quite cheap, and although it is over 30 years old, it would still pass as a clubbing fragrance and I believe there are some guys who still get compliments with it. Ultimately though, it's a strong cloying scent that has some appeal, but lacks maturity and refinement. Do not wear Joop! Homme to a job interview or in the office, or when meeting your girlfriend's parents for the first time. Wear it if you want a clubbing cheapy that is different to the Dior Sauvage, Versace Eros and 1 Million that 80% of the other guys at the club are wearing. Wear it to a party or rave, maybe wear it for a date but nothing too intimate or classy.
Overall I have mixed feelings about Joop! Homme, I used to love it and the scent still evokes some nostalgia. But I have definitely outgrown it and moved on. If Basenotes enabled me to give a 2.5 star rating then that is what I would give it. But I settled on 3 stars.
26th July, 2021

Jazz by Yves Saint Laurent

YSL seem to make some great scents that have rather average longevity. YSL Jazz is no exception it lasts about 4 hours on my skin but the scent is wonderful. It evokes a certain classiness, a sense of a purposeful man about town. Jazz is an aromatic fragrance that is fresh, a little spicy in the opening and with a well blended floral dry down that also reveals some woody notes. In the opening there are distinct bergamot, nutmeg and anise notes. The sandalwood comes through early for me. During the dry down there are geranium and lavender notes along with the woodiness from the sandalwood and a hint of leather. It is a beautifully blended fragrance that I remember was very popular in the very early 90s. The sillage of Jazz is about arm length. Although I love the fragrance I think it is starting to date a bit, but I still enjoy wearing it very much. I think older millennials and gen-x men would appreciate it more as it was a fragrance of our generation. It is a versatile fragrance that can be worn year round and in a variety of settings.
19th July, 2021

HiM by Hanae Mori

This is a decent fragrance with a good scent profile and very good performance. It is a warm, spicy fragrance that is well suited to autumn and winter. Hanae Mori Him opens with a warm note blended with citrus, I detect the amber in the opening. The opening of this fragrance is fine but I much prefer the scent as it dries down. The dry down brings out the tonka and cinnamon notes. At this point the fragrance smells like a gourmand to me, and like a lot of gourmands it has a synthetic note. Be careful not to overspray as it can become cloying. After a while on the skin the woody notes become more pronounced. I like the distinct notes and trajectory that this fragrance takes. For a relatively inexpensive fragrance I think it is excellent value. It's not something I like to wear a lot but I enjoy wearing it on a cold, bleak day. It can give a warm, comforting and homely vibe.
16th July, 2021

FCUK Him by French Connection

I really don't mind FCUK Him at all. It is a good, cheap gym bag fragrance or something to keep in your bag or locker at work for a hot day. It would also be a reasonable fragrance for a teenage boy as an every day use fragrance in the warmer months. It opens with woody rosemary notes and then settles with a synthetic lavender. I would describe FCUK Him as a synthetic soapie fragrance with some woody elements. It lasts about 4 to 5 hours on my skin with arm length projection for the first couple of hours. It's not a bad fragrance at all, but it does seem to get some dislikes from fragrance collectors. I would say that FCUK Him is an acceptable fragrance. I've worn it to work on hot days when I wanted a simple, subtle fragrance and it does the job.
09th July, 2021

Dunhill Icon by Dunhill

Dunhill Icon, a little spicy, fresh, woody and floral. It's a great scent but I'm not really sure how to classify it, probably a fougere, but maybe a chypre. There's nothing not to like about the scent. On the opening I detect neroli tempered with a sweet bergamot. As it dries down it becomes more floral with the lavender coming through and slight cardamon, there is also that woody note. I don't get any distinct leather or oud notes in this. It's a beautiful fragrance, masculine, refined and sophisticated. My main criticism of Dunhill Icon is it's so-so performance. Dunhill Icon lasts about 4 hours on my skin. It projects moderately well for the first two hours and then becomes a more intimate scent. If only the performance were better then this would be an outstanding fragrance. This fragrance is versatile, suitable for work/office or for a social occasion. Overall I give it a thumbs up for a worthy and enjoyable fragrance to wear, even though the performance could be better.
29th June, 2021

Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche

Drakkar Noir is a classic woody, aromatic fougère. I like the aromatic opening of this fragrance with citrus, rosemary and lavender notes. The fragrance settles to a woody, slightly leather, warm scent. It has about 5 hours to 6 hours longevity on my skin with moderate sillage. As an early 1980s fragrance it has that masculine, barbershop feel of the late 70s and early 80s. Think open collar shirt, hairy chest, chunky gold chain, handlebar moustache. Thus it may seem a bit dated for some, however men who wore it back in the day will love the nostalgia it evokes. Back in its day it must have been very popular on the illuminated disco dance floors. But younger men may want to keep looking.
I feel that Paco Rabanne pour Homme and Aramis are more refined fougères, and even though they are both older fragrances, they remain more relevant today than Drakkar Noir. Part of the reason why I feel this way about Drakkar Noir is that as it begins to dry down it smells very similar to some mass produced masculine shower gels and deodorants. It's definitely a pleasant scent, however the late 80s and 90s saw many deodorant brands replicating these masculine scents like Drakkar Noir to the extent that it became common and unremarkable.
Overall it is a good masculine fragrance with moderate performance. It is a bit dated but will deliver some nostalgia value to those who rocked it in their younger years. But for what it is, at this price point, I think it is overpriced and there are better value options out there.
26th June, 2021

Cuba Gold by Cuba Paris

I cannot say much about Cuba Gold's similarity to JPG Le Male, as it is a long time since I smelt Le Male from a department store tester, so I'm unable to make a reliable comparison. What I can say is that Cuba Gold is a warm fragrance with well blended vanilla and lavender notes. It seems to be a good mass appeal fragrance that is easy to wear and well suited to the autumn and spring seasons and many occasions. It would be a reasonable choice for a date night or a night on the town. It's not a particularly loud or offensive fragrance, as I said very mass appealing and so I would say it is somewhat versatile. It opens with vanilla and lavender notes and dries down to a powdery smooth vanilla fragrance with a hint of amber that gives it some warmth. It has moderate projection and longevity, it lasts about 5 or 6 hours on my skin. Although it comes in a bottle designed to look like a Cuban cigar, I don't get any tobacco notes from this, which I think might have enhanced it and given it a bit more masculinity. Overall I would say it is a good, easy wearing, versatile fragrance and for such a low price represents very good value for money.
19th June, 2021

Corduroy by Zirh

A very generic and forgettable scent with terrible performance. It opens with a harsh hand-sanitiser alcohol scent, but dries down quickly with powdery tonka and vanilla notes. The dry down is pleasant, but nothing special or remarkable, reminds me of a good air freshener or car deodoriser. Sillage is very poor and the scent remains timid and close to the skin, and unless you seriously overspray it, the scent disappears completely after about two or three hours. I think a can of Dove deodorant has better performance than this. Even though Zirh Corduroy is a cheap fragrance I would not recommend it, as even in this price range, there are better performing options. Zirh are known for their very good skin care products but I feel they have missed the mark with this underperforming fragrance. This was a blind buy, I was expecting good things but I'm a bit disappointed.
16th June, 2021

Cool Water by Davidoff

It's an excellent scent, well crafted by master perfumer Pierre Bourdon and it was a genre defining fragrance. You should buy this fragrance if you want to smell like generic fabric softener. Herein lies the problem, Cool Water has become a victim of its own success. So many manufacturers of scented products have emulated the scent that it now smells just like so many shower gels, soaps, ironing sprays, fabric softeners etc.. Because it is a classic fragrance many collectors will want to have it in their collection, as I currently do. But these days there are aquatics out there that are more fresh, distinctive and modern than Cool Water. If you're looking for an aquatic cheapie it's fine, but even then I would suggest that you give Nautica Voyage a try for something more fresh and contemporary. So overall a great fragrance that in the late 80s or 1990s I would have given a thumbs up. But now I feel more neutral about it. Great in it's day but better options out there now.
09th June, 2021

Burberry London for Men by Burberry

It's a nice warm, spicy fragrance. Cinnamon and tobacco are the main notes that hit me. It goes on smelling like Christmas and dries down to smell like a cigar humidor. I enjoy wearing it, especially in the colder months. In my view it is a bit too spicy for an office friendly fragrance, but it is good for weekends and social occasions. It projects moderately well and lasts for most of the day on me.
06th June, 2021

Blue Stratos by Parfums Bleu

I am writing this review based on the aftershave in the 50ml splash bottle. I have never tried the EDT version of this fragrance. Blue Stratos reminds me of the 1980s, I can still remember the television advert of the man hang gliding over snow covered alps. As a boy I smelt this fougere on uncles and family friends. Today the fragrance evokes some nostalgia and a feeling of being freshly shaved and groomed. But I also feel that the fragrance has aged a bit. Definitely an older mans barbershop fragrance. It opens with strong musk, lavender and geranium notes. As it settles the musk remains strong but I start to notice the vanilla more. The aftershave lasts about 4 or 5 hours on me and the projection is strong initially and settles after about two hours of wear. Overall a decent fragrance, very reminiscent of it's era, and comparable in value to Brut or Old Spice.
30th May, 2021

Aramis by Aramis

I have a soft spot for Aramis as it was the first designer fragrance that I bought as a young adult back in the 90s. Even back then Aramis was a classic, older player in the fragrance scene but was still holding its own and considered respectable. Today this 56 year old fragrance is still remaining relevant and very wearable. It is a masculine fragrance that opens with strong sandalwood and vetiver tones and dries down to a nice leather note. I find that after 30 to 40 minutes it stays relatively close to the skin so I would say sillage is very average but longevity is good, I generally get 6 to 8 hours of wear out of it. Aramis is definitely a more mature fragrance but one that a younger man could wear in conservative work and social situations such as at the office or a formal dinner. All round a great fragrance that has stood the test of time.
27th May, 2021

Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel

This fragrance receives a lot of love from fragrance collectors, yet for me this is an ok fragrance. Not bad, but not something I particularly enjoy or get excited about. It's opening smells harsh and synthetic to me and reminds me of bug spray. However it dries down and reveals more musk and seems more pleasant. It lasts most of the day and projects well.
23rd May, 2021

1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne

This is not as sweet as the original 1 million and has a more complex and slightly more mature scent. It took a few wears to grow on me but I like this fragrance. It opens with what to my nose is vanilla with a synthetic, almost medicinal note. However it settled on my skin to reveal nice tobacco and cinnamon notes with a very slight citrus note emerging later. It would be a good fragrance for a younger man enjoying a night on the town. Presentation is fine but I found the atomiser button on my bottle a bit rattly and awkward, the atomiser does not mist the juice as well as it could. The fragrance lasts all day on my skin and it projects well. I am happy with 1 Million Privé, I feel that this flanker is better than the original.
18th May, 2021

Vetiver by Guerlain

Beautiful citrus opening that settles into that lovely fresh vetiver. So much has already been written about it here. I would say that for me it is a comforting fragrance that reminds me of my older generation. Yet still a fresh and well crafted fragrance that can hold its own among contemporaries. It lasts a long time on my skin, however I have not worn it in hot, humid weather. It also projects very well.
07th May, 2021 (last edited: 18th May, 2021)

Explorer by Montblanc

An enjoyable scent to wear, however it doesn't last long. About 3 hours after the dry down it becomes a very intimate scent. Montblanc Explorer opens with a nice fruity, sweet bergamot note and then settles to what I perceive as a masculine vanilla note. It projects reasonably well for the first couple of hours and longevity is moderate. This is a good signature fragrance and suits most casual occasions, such as going out to dinner, having drinks, or at work. I have received a few compliments and some positive attention while wearing it. It's obviously not a ground breaking fragrance but I'm happy with it and think for the price it is good value and worth having in my collection.
06th May, 2021 (last edited: 09th July, 2021)