Reviews by smel

A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler

Lovely, boozy, and sweet. A fun fragrance. It has the Angel DNA I love. Not for the faint of heart.

Eau de Magnolia by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

Beautiful magnolia... but not something I'd personally desire to wear out. It's a nice bedtime scent for me but I'll probably never wear it for anything else.

Thé Noir 29 by Le Labo

Does anyone know of an actual tea that tastes how Thé Noir smells? I'd drink that.
A beautiful fig fragrance that will forever remind me of my honeymoon when we bought a bottle together. Our first niche bottle too; the beginning of a dangerously expensive hobby... whoops!

La Liturgie des Heures by Jovoy

Lovely church incense. I like the sweet amber note too. Only problem I have is the longevity; after an hour this is a skin scent on me. Not fbw imo.
01st July, 2021

Baccarat Rouge 540 by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Sweet, long lasting, compliment getter, expensive... Not sure I'll ever be buying a full bottle, but I've enjoyed my sample a lot. Smells great on my wife too.

Ambre Royale by Ormonde Jayne

A lovely, sophisticated smelling oriental. I adore the opening. My only issue is I don't feel its longevity is the best, but I'll have to try it in the winter when I'm not all blocked up by pollen... 4 stars

Coffee Break : Golden Dallah by Xerjoff

This is something quite special. I've used up my sample now but will have to get a bigger one before eventually getting a full bottle.
Lasts forever and smells great on your clothes. I love a fragrance I still get strong whiffs of hours after spraying; this falls into that category. At a time when my stupid hay fever has blocked my stupid nose, this beautiful spicy oriental still makes itself known to me... 5 stars

Megalium by Carner Barcelona

I get cinnamon and nutmeg up front. Smells like a pumpkin spice latte to me, but more spiritual. Not a vapid Starbucks fragrance; this has some depth to it.
I get decent sillage and maybe around 4-5 hours longevity. Haven't tried it in the winter yet.
22nd June, 2021

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

Wanna smell like all the other boys?

Tuscan Leather Intense by Tom Ford

Pretty awful. Just get Tuscan Leather, it's wonderful.

Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

Tom. If you're reading this, bring back Sahara Noir. Thanks in advance!

French Lover / Bois d'Orage by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

I love it... and then I can't smell it anymore. I was told a certain synthetic ingredient in it causes anosmia. Whether or not that's the case, after about 15 minutes I can't smell this on myself. A shame, because it's stunning.

Bigarade Concentrée by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

I like my orange without body odour, thanks x

Rive Gauche pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

All I can say is "bring it back, please."

Le Maroc pour Elle by Tauer

I love this on me almost as much as I love it on my wife. It's beautiful. Watch out if you're wearing a white shirt though; this stuff stains.

En Passant by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

Damp and floral and lovely. I like wearing this to bed; I find it immensely relaxing.

Portrait of a Lady by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

The best rose fragrance. Buy this as an anniversary gift and you'll have a happy wife x

Warm Black by Zara

Can't go wrong here for the price but don't expect good longevity. You'll get some compliments.

Rose & Cuir by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

Weird but I like it. As someone else here said it's basically new car smell with a bit of rose thrown in. I've got a little 7ml bottle that will probably last years.

Dior Homme Eau de Toilette (2020 version) by Christian Dior

Not the Homme I love but still a good scent. Crowd pleaser.
If you're looking at buying any Dior Homme get Homme Intense; the iris is beautiful.

Botafumeiro by Carner Barcelona

Lovely sweet incense fragrance. Reminds me a bit of the discontinued TF Sahara Noir (RIP) which I loved, so I'm happy to have Botafumeiro in my collection!
11th June, 2021