Reviews by Lian

Mojito Chypre by Pierre Guillaume

The opening is fantastic, but then as time goes on you get less enthusiastic. Everything that makes it great fades rather quick. The top notes are what sells this, after that its ok. Just....ok really. It kinda reminds me of a 4160 fragrance.
13th March, 2021

Modern Classic Noir for Women by Brocard

Reminds me of the clean smell in the Amsterdam Airport toilettes. A bit of fruit, some sweetness and clean musk

Bois Naufragé 16.1 / Private Collection - Bois Naufragé by Parfumerie Generale

Creamy woody seaside. Not for me to wear, but I'd love to smell it on someone else.
I think this would be fantastic on someone who wants something a little different than the usual vertiver/fougere masculine scents, but doesnt want to go too crazy. It's a very "come closer" scent.

Slow Explosions by Imaginary Authors

It really really reminds me of rose/oud, but it isnt listed as a note. I think its the leather and rose/apple.
The opening gives a blast of apples and the drydown is more leather and leather. It kinda reminds me of Dzing! Leather with a bit of interest

Ciel d'Airain by Huitième Art

Woody fig, it almost smells like vertiver to me. It's good, not annoying in the slighest but not for me personally. If you want a dryer fig, this is a good one to seek out

Lilt by Rouge Bunny Rouge

Sickly fig perfume, its like L'ombre dans l'eau had a baby with Philosykos
11th March, 2021

Swedoft by SweDoft

Extremly transparent and light. A lingering " just showered or washed my hair" scent.
10th March, 2021

Gold Coast by Bond No. 9

This is very synthetic, mainstream and bland. And not in a good way, but more in a cheap air freshner way
05th March, 2021

TriBeCa by Bond No. 9

This is a nice green fruity gourmand. Often gourmands are very over the too and almost nauseating with their sweetness, but it is nicely balanced here. It is kind of like the chypre effect uplifting and setting other notes sparkling, I think that is what the moss and green nuts are doing. The green wet elements of jasmine adds to it.

It started more traditionally gourmand though, but the drydown is interesting.
03rd March, 2021

Hudson Yards by Bond No. 9

Lily of the Valley stands out, but I wouldn't call it a strong perfume. most of Bond no9 scents are powerhouses of fragrance, but this isn't as strong as some of them.
02nd March, 2021

Salted Green Mango by Strangers Parfumerie

It's a new take on a fruity perfume and Im here for it. It reminds me of the sea more than some marine scents do and the saltiness is real. For all its strangeness it is easy to wear and might lean a bit masculine.
04th January, 2020

Gentle Fluidity (Silver Edition) by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

The most boring fragrance that I ever tried. It literally evokes nothingness to my nose. I smell it, but it leaves me blank and bored.
20th August, 2019

Ilanguara by Phaedon

For me the woody notes stop is from being sickly sweet and give it a tiny edge of interest. It is a comfort scent though without being sugary
23rd May, 2019

My Own Private Teahupo'o by A Lab on Fire

Aria di Mare dupe. The name of this is cooler because it is infamous with surfers and I'm a beginner surfer.
01st May, 2019

What We Do In Paris Is Secret by A Lab on Fire

On paper it smells rather powdery. Not much nuance
01st May, 2019

Poison Pear by Voronoi

I love this for being a nice juicy pear and it reminds me of pear juice and ice cream. It's refreshing and lovely, but then it just becomes a generic gourmand with no lasting power.

Cassis Vert by Voronoi

Only got a hint of blackcurrant during the opening while it was fighting the generic "green" notes. It kinda reminds me of Aura where the opening is spectacular and then it fades. Within minutes it was a nice fig perfume. Not special enough for me, and I know nicer fig scents that are creamier and more suited to me.

Experimentum Crucis by Etat Libre d'Orange

It reminds me of a less sparkly Serge Lutens Sa Majesté la Rose . The patchouli makes it a little dirtier and almost gives this one oud vibes. It's a nice perfume, but not groundbreaking. The opening is very different from Sa Majeste la Rose, but the middle and end makes it harder to distinguish.

Utopia by Aqualis

On paper the smell evolved and changed hugely, from a fresh and easy to wear start to dirty dry leather. Will try on skin soon
23rd April, 2019

Lalibela by Memo

I had high hopes for this, and they arent met. When I smelled it in the store it was light, floral but with surprising notes that made it stand out. On the skin vanilla dominates utterly and I might as well wear any number of the good and interesting vanilla takes that I own. Those are often found for cheaper from less mainstream places. I dont mind paying a lot for perfume but it has to be novel, stand out as something unique. PR copy and pretty bottles arent enough.
16th March, 2019

Ilha do Mel by Memo

White flowers fragrance that is friendly, very feminine and inoffensive. I was expecting a lot more. It smelled better in the vial, but wearing it there isnt much depth to it on me. For the price there are so many cheaper options that are in the same vein ( kiss me tender is one)
15th March, 2019

Miyako by Auphorie

It's good but I'm not blown away? Maybe I need to use more, but the sample is rather small.
I'll report back
12th December, 2018

Nolita by Bond No. 9

Early 2000's are back with a fruity, clean and fresh perfume. Instead of apple it is tangerine that is features here. It's decent, but not my cup of tea.
03rd September, 2018

Pink Fresh Couture by Moschino

"If you cant say anything nice, don't say anything at all " -> nice bottle!

Juice is standard, unimaginative and boring. It's fresh, fleeting and chemically harsh. It's a standard fruity floral but fresh scent that us unoffensive and unmemorable.
15th August, 2018

Interlude Man by Amouage

It's a sweet and fruity incense. At times it reminds me of Fanta incense and it should be a terrible combination but I like it.
09th August, 2018

Brûlure de Rose 13 by Parfumerie Generale

Rose Jam by Lush opening, which is a very syrupy and sweet rose. Unlike the Rose Jam it does have noticeable basneotes and it the sugar makes way for more grounded ambery base.
06th August, 2018

Korrigan by Lubin

Vanilla whiskey!
30th July, 2018

Le Mat by Mendittorosa

Starts of smelling of sweet hay and brings back memories of Dzing!. I like and miss Dzing! Then the rose takes over and reminds me of Voleur de Roses. The whole perfume makes me miss L'Artisan when they were good. Sadly, the chamomille is lost on me. Maybe it was the hay that I think I smelled? I liked the Dzingy opening better. I'd say 4 stars for me. It's nice and good and brings together 2 perfumes, which is cool. But I like their version of Dzing better and wanted it to continue to smell like that.
30th July, 2018

Iris Nazarena by Aedes de Venustas

A very dry iris, and leather, it reminds me of Traversée du Bosphore by L'Artisan. It is dryer and less sweet, as if you got closer to a desert. I just seem to bring out the leather mainly, in both of them. The longer I wear it, the nicer it becomes. I dont get any cigar and whatsnot. The dryness if the iris remains though. If I didnt own Traversee then I would buy this
19th July, 2018

Imitation Woman by Amouage

Rollercoaster Jasmine. The opening is spectacular and it shifts from note to note and back. Top notes very clearly evoke Jasmine & Ylang. It almost feels like a crazy sugared jasmine. Then the ylang comes in, and adds warmth. Then that fades to bring back the jasmine.

It settles down in a more tamed incense affair which makes me miss the earlier phases so much. It doesnt last long enough for me.
17th July, 2018 (last edited: 19th July, 2018)