Reviews by Zerby

Forest by Bath and Body Works

Thumbs way up!!!! I got this scent for Christmas of 2020. I love the smell. Very much a green scent. It reminds me of a Cologne that I would find at a Neiman Marcus instead of Bath and Bodyworks. It’s a shame that they discontinued it. If you can find it, definitely purchase a bottle you won’t regret it.
26th June, 2021

Acqua di Giò Absolu Instinct by Giorgio Armani

Finally an Acqua di Gio that I love!!!!! This scent reminds me of Escada pour home. I tried some on and WOW!!! I was in heaven. It has the dark amber and patchouli smell that I love. On me the scent lasted about 12 hours. I will be saving up for this gem. You can count on it!!!
24th June, 2021

Lagerfeld Classic by Lagerfeld

I love the smell of Lagerfeld Cologne. It reminds me a lot of Jovan Musk. This was my fathers signature scent. Lagerfeld will always be one of my go to fragrances. If you love the classics. You'll love this.
22nd February, 2020

Sandalwood by Art of Shaving

This scent was one of my favorites. I can't believe they did away with this scent. I thought the bottle was top notch. I really hope they reconsider this move.
14th February, 2020

Lavender by Thymes

Thymes Lavender has been my go to Lavender scents for a long time. It really does last a long time on my skin. I would use this with the Art of shaving Lavender after shave balm. If you like Lavender this is a great choice.
14th February, 2020

Robert Graham Fortitude by Robert Graham

I sampled this scent in Vegas and I must say I love it. I would recommend this for fall and winter. The lasting power is amazing. Not too many people know about it either. Which is a good thing.
12th July, 2019

Melograno by Santa Maria Novella

I've been hearing about this fragrance line for a long time on Basenotes. I sampled this fragrance in Vail, Colorado and I love it. It's a very green scent. The lasting power is amazing. I'll be buying a bottle soon.
28th June, 2019

Gentleman (new) by Givenchy

I sprayed this on with the hope it would smell like the original. No dice on that. I skip this one.
22nd October, 2017

Carven pour Homme by Carven

When I smelled this. I get the similarity of Grey Flannel. Just a classier version. I got the Violet note quickly. I'll be buying a bottle for myself soon.
12th June, 2015

Coach Leatherware No. 03 by Coach

I have to say thumbs WAY UP on this one. Reminds me of the smell of My Father's first BMW. I haven't forgotten. The leather smell is unbelievable. I want to buy a bottle soon.
25th April, 2014

Passion for Men by Elizabeth Taylor

I would give this a thumbs way up!!! Reminds me a lot of Obsession by Calvin Klein. This was my first ever cologne purchase back in 1991 at Macy's. I love the lavender in the scent & it does last a long time. I just bought a 4 oz bottle. I'm set for a while.
15th April, 2014

Beverly Hills Polo Club Classic for Men by Beverly Hills Polo Club

Well I guess I'm in the minority her. I love this fragrance. Reminds me of Givenchy Gentlemen. It lasts all day too. I will be buying more of it.
24th March, 2014

Wildblue Noir by Banana Republic

I tried this in the BR store & loved it. The lasting power is terrific. I plan to buy a bottle soon. It's along the lines of TF Noir IMHO. It's a spice scent for sure.
28th February, 2014

Bleu de Chanel Eau de Toilette by Chanel

I got this for Christmas 12/25/13. I was glad to see it. I wore this the next day meeting w/ some people. I got 3 compliments. At work, I got 11 more compliments in 1 day!!! Everyday I wear this I get a compliment. This isn't teenage by a longshot. Very woody. I get over 20 hours lasting time. Sillage is fantastic too. You can't go wrong here.
14th January, 2014

HiM by Hanae Mori

I only tried this at Nordstrom & Macy's. It was love at first sniff. It's also. It's the only Hanae Mori that I like. I don't see it smelling like Curve or Bora Bora. The longevity is about 14 hours on me. I can see myself buying a bottle soon.
03rd January, 2013

Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada

Prada outdid itself here. Longevity is great. Much better than the original Prada. Similar to YSL's La Nuit de l'homme (IMHO) It really earned it's name (Intense).
23rd March, 2012

Mr Blass by Bill Blass

I bought this last month. I don't regret it for a minute. Mr. Blass is all "CLASS" in my book. I suggest getting a bottle. It's that good. It's not like what you smell today like the aquatic & fruity stuff.
19th March, 2012

Great Jones by Bond No. 9

This reminds me of a classier Halston. The word "Great" says it all.
13th February, 2012

Safari for Men by Ralph Lauren

I love this scent. One of the ones that I'll keep buying. I got 2 "You smell Goods" in one day( That's rare). Now I just want to find the After Shave Balm to add to it.
10th January, 2012

Camp Beverly Hills for Men by Camp Beverly Hills

I got this for Christmas back in 1988. It was a fantastic scent. Why they discontinue scents like this is beyond me. I sure hope they bring this back.
11th June, 2010

Lapidus pour Homme by Ted Lapidus

My brother gave me his bottle back in '95 along w/ Balenciaga pour homme. I couldn't tell the 2 apart by smell. I will buy again. Go easy on the stuff or you'll clear the room.
11th May, 2010

Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

At first, I didn't like it very much. I thought the longevity would be terrible. I'm wrong!!! This stuff lasts!!!!! Too strong for office wear. I would wear this as an Evening scent. A thumbs up!!!
02nd March, 2010 (last edited: 05th January, 2013)

Coach Leatherware by Coach

I tried it & was impressed despite it didn't get much love on the Male Fragrance Forum.
I got a sample (Which led me to buying a bottle.) Reminds me a lot of Boucheron pour homme. I got great longevity out of it.

Initial Reaction: I love it!!!!!!!
Proper wearing reaction: Still Love It!!!!!!!
Price Reaction: Holy Cow!!!!! I still bought it.
20th January, 2010 (last edited: 02nd March, 2010)

Versace l'Homme by Versace

The minute I smelled this I knew Versace had a winner. This one stands out. It kind of reminds me of Givenchy Gentlemen in a roundabout way w/ I'Homme having more lemon in it.The new Versace pour homme doesn't stand up to this one at all.
If you're sick of clean blue scents give Versace I'Home a try.
21st July, 2009

Swiss Army by Swiss Army

I got this as a Christmas Gift a few years ago from my Sister-In-Law. I used it as a bug spray. It sure smells like it!!! Next year she got me Regular Polo. A BIG step up!!! Swiss Army should Stick to Knives!!!!
14th July, 2009

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée by Chanel

I give it a thumbs up!!! PM & Anteaus are my 2 favorite Chanel fragrances. I normally don't like a lot of vanilla in any Cologne.
I'll make an exeption w/ PM. I can understand all the positive remarks on this. I give it a Thumbs up!!!!
05th June, 2009

Eau de Vetyver by L'Occitane

I have to say that this is one of the best Vetyver's out there. I plan to get a bottle soon. I doubt that they discontinued it though. It sells like hotcakes at the L'occitane in Minnesota. It does last for a long time. Which is good. I love the price too $46.
11th April, 2009

Santos Concentrée by Cartier

I owned this one not long after it's release. I loved it. Truly loved it!!!! This is what a fragrance should smell like. I loved both of them. I was in 9th grade when I had this one. It was a hand me down though. I do plan to buy it again.
01st March, 2009

Yatagan by Caron

I've heard so much good feedback about this stuff. Now I know why. I also bought a dacant from PerfumedCourt and haven't regretted it since. Maybe it's time for a full bottle when my decant's done.
10th February, 2009

Royal Delight by Creed

I agree w/ MonkeyManMatt on this one. The lasting power is unbelievable!!! I just recieved a compliment
from someone who told me it was "Delightfull" !! She asked what the name of it was. I told her. To me it's a little stronger than Creed BDG. I do give this a thumbs way up!!!!
19th November, 2008