Reviews of Versace l'Homme by Versace

drseid Show all reviews
*This review is of the vintage original formula of Versace L'Homme.

Versace L'Homme opens with relatively bright, clean, lemony bergamot citrus with a hint of underlying floral carnation before transitioning to its heart. As the composition enters its early heart, it turns slightly soapy as significant mossy-green oakmoss from the base joins the now co-starring carnation that takes on a slightly dry, dusty element, enhanced by a cinnamon spice infused supporting woody sandalwood and cedar duo, and sweetened by just a touch of vanilla and soft aromatic patchouli. During the late dry-down the floral aspects gradually recede, as the composition turns its focus to an unveiled, relatively soft leather hiding in the base that couples with the woody remnants and the now more prominent dry vanilla that adds light dusty powder through the finish. Projection is above average, but longevity is excellent at around 12 hours on skin.

Wow, there is a lot going on here as one can see from the more objective lengthy note breakdown above. At its core the composition is a relatively dry, dusty, woody perfume bolstered by significant oakmoss in the base. That said, the oakmoss never really is the focus, but rather used more as a binder to the relatively dry woods, floral aspects, and even the leather later-on. There is an almost soapy, grassy green nature to the perfume that presents much more prominently on paper than on skin. On skin, however, the dusty, woody elements are much more pronounced with the composition significantly less green. At the end of the day Versace L'Homme is a bit of a departure from the powerhouse compositions of the 80s, as it is much more well-behaved and never too brash. It is not really a barbershop type of perfume, but I suspect it will appeal to perfume enthusiasts that enjoy that classic composition style. The bottom line is the approximately $50 a 50 ml bottle on the aftermarket Versace L'Homme is a "very good" to "excellent" 3.5 to 4 stars out of 5 rated throwback perfume that relatively successfully combines an amalgamation of ingredients to yield a perfume that bucks the typical 80s powerhouse mold without veering too far astray; earning a solid recommendation to vintage perfume lovers looking for something with a bit more polish and less bravado than the super-bold powerhouse offerings that dominate the era.
30th May, 2020
Versace l'Homme is an old classic that, even in its modern version is a rich ginger oriental of Aramis like demeanour; not in detail but they have the same kind of wood panel finish.
Although most reviewers like it, l'Homme divides opinion - between smells great and smells like cologne guy - so I think it should have a sign on the back saying Warning! Not Advised for the Under Fifties. That should deal with the negative reviews.
Good, but old fashioned.

Modern FB
08th March, 2020
Definitely a must have! The batch I have is manufactured by Giver SA. That's the vintage scent. It starts out lemony, spicy with a slight ting of ginger, petitgrain. It then goes in a cedar, sandalwood type scent, mixing well in the drydown with the leather, oakmoss and labdanum. It's classy. Lasted 8 hours on me with decent sillage, definitely a cooler weather scent. Very, very nice.
07th December, 2019

A gorgeous spicy, creamy, yet seductive barbershop scent...if you can remain patient for the dry down to occur. I admit the initial blast of Versace L'Homme is odd. It opens up with lemon, musk, and a coarse green collision of moss roughed up in passing through the lemon and musk. It will remind one of something lemon scented that you associate with a restroom cleaner. A yellow/lemon scented urinal screen or the spray disinfectant called Glybet.

Once this dries this fragrance transforms into a nice mix of dusty sandalwood and cinnamon. Vanilla concealing some patchouli inside thickens the scent giving a little sweetness and shaving cream tones with a little help from the musk. Old leather coming off in light hints. The lemon and moss perform a disappearing act to my nose. This is another conservative men's scent from the 80's that was done really well with a odd first impression. I can tolerate the intro of Versace L' Homme...Kouros I can't. Go light on this in warm weather if you must wear it, this is a thick and heavy scent.
08th March, 2019 (last edited: 23rd August, 2019)
Before there was Eros (2013), or even The Dreamer (1996) and Blue Jeans (1994), there was Versace l'Homme strumming away confidently in 1984. It's an interesting thing really, for such a masculine to come out at such a time as it did. Rival Italian fashion house Armani also released it's debut masculine the same year, which took a much safer eau de cologne-meets-Italian-barbershop route to be more along the lines of discretion, but Versace was never known much for being discrete, and made his debut masculine bold and macho. It shouldn't be said that Versace l'Homme is particularly virile or animalic, even if it contains an animalic, as it's not exactly -that- kind of masculine, not in the vein of Jacques Bogart One Man Show (1980) or Yves Saint Laurent Kouros (1981), but more in the train of thought that created many of the biggest disco scents for men from the previous decade, just with the power of the 80's. Versace L'Homme shares DNA with some of the 70's citrus-powered orientals such as Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur (1972) or Jovan Sex Appeal (1976), but dials down the rich and sweet base notes those scents have in favor of the construction of a classic men's chypre circa the 1950's or 1960's. In particular, I feel l'Homme marries the aforementioned Jovan scent with a huge heap of petitgrain and lemon borrowed from Chanel Pour Monsieur (1955) and Yves Saint Laurent Pour Homme (1971), respectively. It kind of makes sense to take this direction since YSL had just released the "Haute Concentration" version of their original masculine a year before the release of this juice, so maybe it was a bit of oneupmanship on Versace's part to roll in some classy mid-century vibes on top of the strong lemon and herb undercurrents, then beef it up to barrel-chested levels with the animalic base notes. I'm not entirely sure of the thinking here, but the result is a collage of "classic" elements from different decades all in one scent that was not even slightly modern even for 1984, and an added punch.

Versace l'Homme opens with that lemon pledge note that YSL gets criticized for having, but soon integrates the sharp powdery petitgrain which instantly recalls the Chanel in the top. Basil and pimento round out the exposition before the middle of cinnamon, Cedar, patchouli, and sandalwood start recalling the 70's disco oriental vibes with spice, creamy woods, and the thick pasty green of patch. All the pectoral flaring and thrusted pelvises come under control by the finish however, as vanilla soothes the savage beast. Leather, labadnum, civet, and oakmoss bring home the chypre finish here that declares l'Homme as a scent with primal energy and the class to know when to flaunt it, and when not. Overall, this kind of thing would continue to get tamed further and become increasingly anachronistic with successive efforts in the same vein, including Chanel Pour Monsieur EdT Concentree (1989), and Guerlain Heritage (1992). The latter of these two actually banked on the fact that it was a very traditional theme being repackaged as something classy and above the din of the new synthetics of the decade, but when Versace L'Homme was doing it, the idea was less about evoking the past and more about being loud like the 80's competition but in a more mature and distinguished way. Same means, different ends, but it's undeniable that Versace l'Homme presaged many of the late 80's and early 90's semi-orientals, most of which were discontinued while this beast still stalks the Earth, and sells for peanuts. At the end of the wear, this one dries down very close to Chanel Pour Monsieur EdT Concentree, with the petitgrain, vanilla, and sandalwood swimming around on skin and shirt collar. By the time this one is done, the only thing really still connecting it to the 70's is that remaining patchouli, which becoming something of an apparition that floats between everything else and sticks behind in the final phases of the wear.

Versace l'Homme will appeal to anyone who likes the above fragrances I mentioned. It's the biggest fit for lovers of the Chanel and Guerlain examples, but folks who dig oriental spice and patchouli or just an overall "classic masculine" feel will probably do well to sample this, or even just blind buy it for the silly-low prices it sells for. I'm astonished Versace keeps this around, but it's probably more to do with global sales figures as old-school masculines tend to stay popular longer in places that value tradition or just aren't exposed as much to the machinations of the ever-revolving fashion world, which is why so many old school frags live on in places like South America, India, The Middle East, and Eastern Europe, which is probably where this stuffs sells most. If you're American or just an English-speaking person from anywhere else in the west, you're likely to read most of this review as "oh it sounds like something my Dad wore" if you're not deliberately looking for older scents or just were around back when this was new, and that's okay. The beauty of Versace l'Homme is it didn't try to hide it's old-school flavor then, and still doesn't now, even if the packaging has been updated to make it appear contemporary, but who's that really fooling? Vintage with thin script has the most moss, while middle-production (which this review is based on) is a little stronger in the top, and the newest versions made by Eurotalia are thinner yet but still pleasant according to popular consensus. If anything, the newest formulation may be the most manageable for folks on the fence about powdery lemon spice masculines, but for guys who want the unadulterated chest hair, the original is best.
11th April, 2018 (last edited: 29th April, 2018)
TeeEm Show all reviews
The first proper designer perfume I ever owned in 1988-89 and when I first smelt it it was a WOW!
A strong unusual citrus smell with decent longevity and projection. I used to wear it in buckets until the late 90s
I bought it again in 2017 (my perfume nostalgia year as I bought over 30 fragrances in 2017) and it lost some WOW factor as today there are so many amazing smells.
Thumbs up for this classic
06th January, 2018
I have about 20-25 colognes; mostly old school power houses like Kouros, Givency Gentleman (1978), Dunhill for men (1934), Lauder for men (1984), but this one always ranks on top of my list.
Brings back wonderful memories of the late 1980's.
I'm buying this since 2001 and do feel it changed a little from time to time but I could be wrong. There very well COULD have been 3 formulations but I'm not sure. I recently bought an old school bottle but it probably had gone bad since it lacked a lot of notes, so I'm not sure. I talked to a longtime perfume shop owner who was pretty certain it did not change. Could be explained by the fact that 'l Homme seems to smell totally different (and better) in warmer climates. At home (in Holland) I mostly get a sharp opening and the character only comes to play after a few hours (and not on the skin, but clothing only) That character is the true warm, deep, classic Italian macho feel that makes this fragrance so great! When on holiday in a warmer climate I immediately smell that warm heart, so I think warmer days work best with this one.
Projection differs from bottle to bottle. Had a 'shop bought' bottle that had poor projection, Now have a new one bought online which has incredible projection for a least 8-12 hours. Would love to hear from long time users; did it change? Nonetheless I'm very very happy they still make this Classic Conundrum.
21st August, 2017
A bright, lemony, incense-tinged opening when first applied which subtly transforms into a gentle musky floral middle with hints of carnation and an almost rose-type fragrance then dries down to a light clean spicy overtone that exudes a patchouli, vetiver and wood vibe. Longevity is fair (4-6 hours on me) and projection is moderate. This upscale EDT can be a bit strong, almost overpowering upon first application (I do have a tendency to over-spray) but it calms down pretty quickly to a respectable fragrance that behaves the rest of its time as active. Some consider this to be a "dated" fragrance (1984) but I find it to be a classy, masculine, relevant scent that's perfect while hanging out at home or working in the office. 7/10 overall
15th March, 2017 (last edited: 18th March, 2017)
My bottle of this fantastic fragrance must be one of the newer formulations (at least prior to 2004, when I bought it), as the lettering on mine isn't "vintage" like what is shown above!

Anyhow, Versace L'Homme is a clean, spicy, and woody scent that lasts a long time. Its sillage is great (enough so that my uncle, after asking me what I was wearing, bought a bottle for himself!).

Not dated, like others from the 1980's (e.g. Giorgio Beverly Hills, Monogram by Ralph Lauren, etc.), it can be worn by young or old, IMO. Worthy a try!
16th December, 2016
Versace L'Homme reminds me of Guerlain Heritage and Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree, a projecting, gentlemanly, powdery fragrance. It smells fantastic.
03rd October, 2016
A soapy, synthetic lemon blast in the opening, almost bathroom cleaner-like (think bathroom scrubbing powder). So it's not a sweet lemon, it's a green, unripe lemon. The soap and spices are old-school, as is the projection power, so it makes sense that this came out in 1984. Gives me the same vibe as my old bottle of original Calvin, except the Versace is lighter and has more citrus.
29th May, 2016
I have a bottle dated to 2005 and a few bottles of the 'thin-script' earlier iteration, which I prefer, although the '05 is very good as well.

'Thin-Script' - I get a predominant lemon/citrus that lasts surprisingly the duration, which itself is quite surprising. There's a mossy, soapy, powdery freshness to it that works well with carnation in the heart along with a bit of pesto-type spice. A mossy, dry cedar base and that's about it. I don't get much leather.

In urban mid-west america, this scent was in the air back in the late 80s and 90s. Didn't know what it was then... now I do, thanks to this hobby and BN!

I'm in my 50s, for reference, and an old-school wetshavin' fool for the mossy leather chypre. Quality 'thin-script' can still be had off eBay for around $20/oz and I consider that A Bargain, [one of] The Best I Ever Had. 5/5
02nd February, 2016
My review is for the current formulation.

L'Homme is hands down the best masculine fragrance from Versace (though the competition isn't very stiff...). It is a classic woody leather fragrance. It opens at the beginning with clean sparkling citrus notes of lemon. The citrus gives way to a sharp but smooth leather note with a hint of florals as the woody character of the fragrance comes into its own. The woody leather theme is retained in the dry down as the floral element makes room for a faint musky note.

L'Homme is a very versatile fragrance with decent projection and longevity. It's not my favourite fragrance in its genre (I prefer the superb Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme). Nonetheless, it's still a solid fragrance.
08th March, 2015

This review is for the currently available formulation. I've never used the earlier ones so have no basis for comparison.

I like so-called powerhouse frags. While the initial spray tends to be too loud and screechy to be with others, the note progression and especially the dry down makes this worth enduring. With that in mind, I though Versace l'Homme would be a wonderful addition having read the many positive reviews.

The initial spray is alcohol and lemon disinfectant. I smell like "cologne guy." It's not good, but I can handle it. Things will soon settle down. The top notes mention bergamot, petit grain, and basil, but I smell none of these. I get lemon, lemon, and lemon--a really brassy and cold smelling lemon. Things do improve after a time with the appearance of patchouli, curiously a middle note in the listing. But the brassy lemon still persists--it's the longest top note I've ever experienced. Often, the top notes are the best part of a frag, and you wish they would last longer. But Lysol is not my favorite top note, so I wish it would go away. There is something of a warm vs dry balancing act at work in the mid notes with warm patchouli and amber competing with the dry lemon and sandalwood notes that is sort of interesting.

The best part of the fragrance occurs during the brief interval where the floral notes appear. For a little while, there is the vibe of herbal tea with honey and lemon that is quite enticing. But all too fleeting.

The dry down lists oak moss, musk, tonka and labdanum, all easily recognized notes, but none of this seems to be present. I get leather, patchouli, and, of course, the indomitable lemon. It's a sad little dry down and compares very poorly to Azzaro pour homme, which offers many of the same notes (plus anise of course). The presence of the lemon from start to finish reinforces the impression of a one-dimensional fragrance.

It does last a good long time and projects "well" (if, indeed, it's a good idea to broadcast that you are wearing this dreck.)

From the reviews, I imagine it did not always smell like this in previous incarnations, but buyer beware of the present version.
11th January, 2015
So far, all the reviews have been from men, so I thought I'd bring my own tiny drop of absolute to the bottle. I used to wear L'Homme in the Nineties. I was in love with that blast of ginger. I faltered, as it sometimes seemed just a little too blokey and made it difficult NOT to stand out, but many, many times I complimented another girl on her very bold and confident perfume to be told "Oh, it's Versace".

I decided I liked it even better on my partner, and he eventually took sole custody (along with the television).

It's interesting that it has divided reviewers here. In the end, there were things I loved about this perfume and elements I was not so sure of. I am still delighted to smell that wonderful basil and ginger on anybody else. It was a fascinating and brave experiment. Perhaps a little flawed, and perhaps not; not all fragrances need to be harmonious or perfectly balanced. Compared to the characterless breeziness of some of today's offerings, I still want to punch the air when I smell it.
21st November, 2014
Run 100 miles away from this cologne. Very in your face, macho man cologne. I can only think of Ceasar Man when I smelled this. I complete disaster in a bottle.
21st August, 2014
Genre: Woody Oriental

Do I smell a reformulation here? Tart citrus and basil top notes give way quickly to a bracing green herbaceous-aromatic accord that beguiles the nose with a dangerously animalic accent.

Sadly, the crisp herbs and aromatics prevail for less than half an hour. (Just long enough for you to buy a bottle and clear the store.) The swill that follows arrived at the compounding facility in steel drums labeled “Base Notes, Male, Overstock.” It consists of an abrasively chemical pseudo-cedar and a crude, fuzzy, and nauseatingly sweet pretend amber aromachemical, upon which I shall place a curse if I should ever learn its name. From a promising start to a dismal end. Needless to say, the base notes are perceptible in the next county and have the half life of carbon 14.

As vile a game of bait-and-switch as you can find on the men’s fragrance shelves. Do yourself a favor, and don’t fall for it.
07th July, 2014
My review is based on the early version of 1984. Must say I completely blind bought this, and I was really happy once I sniffed it, as this quite comprises all the features I was looking for in a fougère scent. The opening is already great and captivating, a modern and "young" fougère, with citrus, neroli, carnation, jasmine, fresh herbs (basil!), spices (cloves, cardamom), perhaps a drip of castoreum, on a beautiful, dense, smoky base of tobacco, hay, soft smooth leather, oak moss, a few woods. Mandatory aldehydes, but quite light and transparent. Basically an "ordinary" fougère, but quite different from the more "adult" ones: it's more tasty, soapy, almost juicy, more bright and playful, more mellow, still totally elegant and refined, just more relaxed and as I said, "younger" in a way. Extremely cozy and pleasant, dense but light, with a great persistence and a great evolution. More modern than most of his other fellows back then. Masculine and versatile. Great!

8,5-9/10
20th June, 2014
This opens with a wonderful old school blast of lemon & basil citrus mixed in with carnation. It's strong and in your face which then over time mellows out to a leathery woody slighty sweet & spicy scent.

The vintage lasts for over eight hours and the basenotes are rich and satisfying. You only need a few sprays with this one.

The latest formulation has a very good citrus opening but unfortunately it is very much watered down compared to the original. And it lasts for about three to four hours with just below average projection. As always with these old eighties fragrances if in doubt always go vintage.
17th January, 2014
The reformulation is decent, the vintage is where my heart is.

Hello All,

Let me begin by saying that my primary focus for the review of this fragrance is going to be centered around the vintage juice as opposed the reformulated. In short, the reformulated version of Versace L'Homme is quite good... I say just "quite good" because after smelling the vintage formulation, it truly gives you a keen perspective of how exceptional this fragrance once was.

The reformulated Versace L'Homme is a solid scent that initially caresses your nose with petit grain, leather, citrus/lemon with a hint of spice. From there, it dries down into a very nice wood-oriented fragrance that beautifully integrates both musk as well as a splash of vanilla. This is a very distinguished scent that is quite versatile, as I enjoy wearing it with a polo and jeans and can dress it up with a button down and a pair of linen trousers. With all of that being said, I'd suggest wearing this one in the warmer months, because I have found that the reformulated version's emphasis is centered around the brighter top notes. In comparison to the vintage, it does seem to lack depth and it's longevity ultimately suffers.

The vintage Versace L'Homme is a classic, charismatic, chic, Italian, masculine time machine of a fragrance. This masterpiece represents the conspicuous 1980's era of fragrances to the fullest. The utilization of petit grain and a lemon accord is breath taking, and in time, slowly yet gracefully dries down to a robust leathery concoction. This scent remains grounded, robust and encompassing through the use of notable doses of oakmoss and patchouli. I get a solid 6-8 hours with the vintage and find myself consistently smelling my wrist from the moment I apply it to the minute it begins to fade. With that said, make sure your flux capacitor is working, hop into your DeLorean, and let's see if this baby can do 88mph! The vintage Versace L'Homme is a time traveler's scent... It takes us back to an era when fragrances were centered around masculinity, refinement and exceptional craftsmanship. </p>
Pros: Versatile, Captivating, Timeless
Cons: None with the vintage, the reformulation feels hollow in comparisson"</p>
21st October, 2013 (last edited: 29th March, 2020)
Scent with a bite!

The opening :
Masculine!
Distinct! and all i can say : Unique among all fragrances around...
Chop petit grain, a leather glove,basil in a blender and pour a little spoon of lemon over it and mash up all of it.. and put your nose in it...
It goes from left to right in sharpness and spicyness very,very unique.
Middle part and drydown After 30 -40 minutes (depends on skin) it gets softer and more skinwise. very elegant Gentlemans scent.
Lemon freshness turns into Sandalwood,musk and vanilla.
Great drydown but i hope to smell the vintage somedays as people said is better.

This is a truly magnificent scent, women would really like to be on your side strolling down in the streets of Paris (Slayerized ;-) on a nice autumn evening.

Pros: Longevity and distinctive
Cons: Can be sharp"

25th August, 2013
rbaker Show all reviews
The original Versace

The vintage version:

The first hour is a pleasant citrus and floral impression, developing into a drydown with rose and wood that, unfortunately, does not rise much above average on my skin. Later a mildly mossy base ends in a powdery base that overall is pleasant. Traditional, not at all bad, but no competition for the greats of the past. Egoïste is classes better.

09th June, 2013
It choked me out when I sprayed it.

I bought this thinking that it was Versace Pour Homme, I should've remembered better but I didn't. I was bummed, but decided to try it anyways, and it was just so friggin' strong I couldn't breath. That pissed me off more because I had already bought it. I do find it useful to spray in the bathroom after I poop, though, and I sprayed it on the other side of my room and went away for awhile and came back and it smelled fresh like I had just done laundry. I honestly don't think I can wear this though. Super disappointed that it smells nothing like Pour Homme, Versace should change their boxes up.

Pros: Smells god after an hour or so.
Cons: Way too strong and offensive.

20th May, 2013
Remember when they made scents this way that were masculine, rich and lasting?
A Definite Powerhouse.
Formal, Elegant and Very Italian.
Old school, well formulated and a classic.
Versace L' homme is similar to Tuscany and Giorgio VIP to my nose.
IMO this is the best of the Versace line.
05th April, 2013
Definitely the "cologne guy" cologne, strong, heavy sillage and too "cologney" for my taste.
I find it utterly offensive and cheap smelling, a lot of drugstore perfumes smell like this.
I think is the carnation note that dominates the whole of the scent that makes it so unpleasant for may nose.
A strong thumbs down.
04th March, 2013
One of the best male scents ever, surely one of the most pleasant during the day. Starting with citrus, changing after a few minutes in one of the best rose ever, ending with woods, leather and moss of the best quality.
If not 10/10, at least 9.5/10
Try to find the vintage version (brown box), since the newer is more watered down.
23rd February, 2013
Not my favorite of the old powerhouses. Its very typical of that era, and generic.
17th December, 2012 (last edited: 08th March, 2015)
LANIER Show all reviews
This city is old, very old, la città vecchia. It was first settled by the Greeks, Neapolis, the new city has stood in splendid defiance of the fires of Hades for thousands of years. Fires which could sweep it away in a roaring flash. Vesuvius glowers green and gorgeous as it rises nearly out of the heart of this city. The walls of the houses of Naples are ancient and burnished with the patina of history and war. It looks old and at times dirty but it is proud and enduring. And at night this city is the very heart of Italian amore! Una notte a Napoli says it all.

One night in Naples
With the moon and the sea
I met an angel
He could no longer fly
One night in Naples
Of the stars he forgot
And even without wings
Took me to heaven

And the men of Naples are indeed angelic, they have what all Italians possess, style with a capital “S”. Only in Naples it is more so. With death the ever present mistress of these men, the men of Naples tread beneath the killer of Pompeii and carry themselves like kings. They dress with an elegant élan and walk like indolent big cats as the leave the ancient houses to take a passagata in the evening. Even the poorest men of the city dress well. It must be in the blood to always look so great. There is no fashion runway like it in the world as they stroll with their ladies though the streets of the city. Not even Versace can do these Neapolitans one better. The only thing I can think of when I wear Versace L’Homme is of these incredible men of Naples.

Versace L’Homme might have been created with men such as these in mind when it was launched in 1986. This was the height of the power fragrance for men, bombs of scent that demanded attention. If too many opposing power bombs met up in a club there could be blood. What stands out about this predominantly leather fragrance is how restrained it is in its opening of lemon, petite grain, basil and Italian pimento. In this 80’s age of gold chained hairy chested panache Versace L’Homme comes in easy and with great style. This gives the fragrance timelessness to me. This is Versace before Donatella took us all to the gladiatorial arena. This is not for the moment, for boys who like the flash and drama of a passing fad. This is a well made Italian suit for a man of substance and taste.

The center of this fragrance develops with roses in a patchouli patch sprinkled with cinnamon and cedar shavings and infused with sandlewood. The effect is Pepper! The leather comes up from behind and wraps you in a well made and comfortable jacket. The leather was rubbed with labdanum, and Tonka oil. In the breast pocket you will find a bit of smoky Oakmoss and a few vanilla beans.

The passagata of Versace L’Homme lasts around five to seven hours and like its louder friends at the club it has very good silage. But this one will not grab you by the silk tie and shake you for attention. This sly sexy guy enters the room with true and impressive grace that beckons the senses with true Italian style, much like l'uomo da Napoli/

FIVE GOLD STARS *****
08th December, 2012
For me this is the best the Versace house has ever offered for men.
This fragrance is for mature bold men who are confident about themselves.
Being produced for almost 3 decades already and for a reason! Though reformulated this fragrance is still very enjoyable if you like strong manly scents! This frag has it all! A manly citrus opening, followed by manly spices and a manly leathery drydown! Old fashioned or dated? No way! It's still very wearable and classy but again this is not for men who mainly like the after 90's bunch of woody citrus and aquatic scents. This is still wearable old school!
The sillage and longevity are way above average (8+ hrs) and women like this as well a lot as so is my experience. Brilliant stuff! Masculanity, boldness, confidence and matureness in one! Good for casual as well as formal wear in- and outdoors all year around except real hot weather! This will aways be in my wardrobe for sure! Rated: 9/10
01st September, 2012
A hidden gem and one of the mature fragrances that deserve a bigger price that those few bucks is sold for.I didn't care too much for it few years go when I tried it but now the things have changed...
I have a 1.7 oz of the recent formulation and I like it pretty much for what it is: bitter-lemony-alcohol opening that morphs in about 10 minutes into a wonderful fougere-musky-sweet-leathery combination of notes.
Strong sillage, very good longevity (one squirt on my arm lasted more that 8 hrs.), complex development.
I'm glad I rediscovered this because I think that sense of smell as the sense of taste is evolving if you train it enough. My humble rank 8.5/10.
31st July, 2012