Reviews of Boss in Motion by Hugo Boss

Irritating fizzy orange.

29th June, 2018
I bought a Boss in Motion gift set years ago, which included the Edt and a nifty deodorant which was just as pleasant as the scent itself. I don't know exactly what "fizzy citrus" is, but I like the orange, creamy quality present in Boss in Motion. Hugo must have been onto something...look at all the flankers that he'd come up with since the original came out!
30th November, 2016
Salutation.

Cute+Yummy+Youth=BOSS IN MOTION!
This is one of more Subtle fragrances in my Collection.it compositions of Delightful and Innocence.Lovely scent as are often BOSS fragrances.

The opining is Sweet and i can smell orange notes mixed with something like caramel,remember a Sweet candy scent for me.in fact one of that smells you simply want to eat!it is Loveable scent for Girls too.

I found it really Nice modern and Addictive scent meantime High Class at the some time.Perfect for CASUAL or EVENING wear in SPRING/AUTUMN and Great for a person wants to start the day with a smile on their face.

SILLAGE?Good.

LONGEVITY?Around 5 hours on my skin.

6.75/10
01st June, 2015

I was always curious to test this fragrance because the bottle looks funny! it's like the shape of the head of a robot in a kid show! I don't know why but it just pictures something like that in my mind!
The juice inside is a warm sweet and spicy scent which is a safe choice for colder weather, specially fall and maybe spring.

The opening of the fragrance is a warm, sweet and delicious orange note mixed with spicy cinnamon.
The orange note isn't summery and tart but it has a semi fresh feeling and mixture of it with warm and sweet amber and beautiful spicy cinnamon makes it super yummy and very charming.

It's a linear scent so do not expect huge changes. only in the mid and base scent gets a little less sweet and a little woody (slightly bitter) and also musky at the same time.
It's a very pleasing and casual scent more suitable for younger people (probabely less than 30 years old)
Projection is average and longevity is around 3-4 hours on my skin.
05th May, 2015
Hugo Boss In Motion is an excellent scent that in my opinion has a unique smell to it. It was my signature scent for a while. I have just ran out of my bottle and am defiantly going to consider repurchasing. I would say this scent is very inoffensive and i can't see anyone disliking it. In Motion last on my skin for at least 7-8 hours. I rate this scent 8/10
05th August, 2014
Sweeeeeeeeeet oranges. It´s fine for me, a very casual all year around type of scent. Reminds me a lot of Joop! Jump, but the longevity is inferior.

09th February, 2012
Olive94 Show all reviews
I don't know why everyone is saying it's so overly sweet and 'cloying' and whatever, how many sprays are you guys putting on?! This is a reasonably strong scent and 3/4 sprays max will do the trick. I'm not even going to talk about the top notes because as soon as you apply, within 2 minutes they're completely gone and it simmers into a fruity/vanilla/ slightly spicy concoction. I don't know why but after 3 hours I struggle smeeling this on my own skin, but the smell is still projecting to other people. The longevity is good, but the sillage pretty much completely dies within 2/3 hours in the cold and about 3/4 hours in the warm. Still, i recommend this fragrance for both cold winter nights and fun summer days, its very versatile.
16th January, 2012
Another failure for Boss, another utterly synthetic fragrance without backbone and allure. The opening is citrusy, barely green and particularly watery/fizzy with an orange-cinnamon slightly prickly feel. The remaining part of the scent is the process of the "powderiness accomplishment" of the juice that looses its unique quality, namely a kind of unnatural starting citrusy/spicy freshness able to hide and understate for a while the general "synthetism". The smell ends a bit powdery, cloying, slightly musky and spicy. Poor longevity.
23rd October, 2011 (last edited: 22nd January, 2013)
Typical Base-notes Snobs turning their noses up at another Hugo boss fragrance ?. My friend wears this alot and is his signature smell and he kept raving about this. So when we were going out before leaving his house i sprayed some on.

This really quite nice and i love the orange smell this fragrance produces, im sure a posh frag house just released something like this ummm.

I feel this is a hybrid of a evening and sport frag and i feel you could wear it all year round, i got around 5-6 hours with this fragrance a nice average length.

03rd July, 2011
About the frag I own that I really dislike. Oddly, it was a gift from someone who I like only marginally more than the frag itself.

It's exceptionally hard to spray from the container, this is either a really good point or bad point, it depends on what your goal is i.e. to not smell of this is a bonus. Once applied it has a terrible, synthetic wall of orange so badly done I had to really try hard to pick it out with a muddied mash up of spices and I think musk.

The dry down was even worse as any citrus is replaced by, well, I don't even know what it is.

I hated this from the first spray, I occasionally visited it from time to time to see if it was me that was the problem, no, it's woeful. It seems to just sit on my skin as well as if my skin also knew what I feel.

Please, do not buy this. I do wish I could say something positive about this frag as I can most other frags I own; whether they are playful, complex or simply straight up, single note powerhouses.
26th March, 2011
Candied oranges. Heh-heh, this is a fun one. I already have Joop! Jump and that fragrance satisfies my "candied orange" fix well enough, but this stuff ain't half bad. It lasts a while but can get to be cloying if you apply too much.
06th March, 2011 (last edited: 07th May, 2011)
I did blindbuy this one..expecting a fresh and every now and then 'work-floor-appropriate' cologne.
Well i was wrong alright. I mean..it's fresh for 2 minutes(?) but very soon get's heavier and get's down to this average sweet, vanilla with a twist of musky wood kind of meltdown. The type that will present you a major headache after a couple of hours. Nausiating! that's what i say.
03rd February, 2011
Very very sweet and cloying.
Synthetic, obnoxious. Cheap spices, nasty faux oudh scent.
Avoid this -- it will give nightmares.
21st December, 2010

Boss in motion is very invigorating and refreshing.

☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻
It get slightly sweeter when it hits the drydown but definitely not cloying.
☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻

Cheers,
16th March, 2010
It is just an ok evening fragrance
15th March, 2010 (last edited: 09th January, 2019)
BradW Show all reviews
I love the way the oranges and the musk blend together
in this one!
13th February, 2010
Very nice, sporty, casual, for warmer weather, but it is not that much mild that it could not be worn during colder days. I was expecting much from this, but it is much better than the new Boss in motion white edition.
18th January, 2010
Pretty much woody most of its time.has a hint of hugo boss here n there
good staying power
23rd October, 2009
one of the best perfumes ever made...MASTERPIECE!!!...thumbs up :)

CLASS +A

SOPHISTICATION +A

WEARABLE DAYTIME/NIGHT +A

MYSTERY +A

SCENT QUALITY +A

5/5 rating
18th October, 2009
This is an absolutely fantastic scent when on my boyfriend... his skin transforms it into a well-blended, citrusy musk that is not too synthetic, but not so "real" that it comes off "dirty", if that makes sense. When he wears it, I can barely keep my nose away from his chest... I plan to buy it for him whenever he runs out; I want him to always wear it!
24th September, 2009
A colleague at work gave me his bottle right before entering a stressful business meeting under the pretense that a scent can help carry confidence. The initial blast was wonderful orange citrus and sharp spice and I immediately felt an ego boost - although perhaps better suited for entering a nightclub vs a business meeting.

By the time I got to the boardroom the confident blast was replaced with a very generic tone that likely led my counterparts to believe I was rolling in the scent samples inserted in the magazines while waiting at reception. To me the mid-tones were not the specific spice & cinnamon expected but rather a vague synthetic tone that I notice while reading GQ or Maxim.

By the time I reached the dry down all I could smell was a strong feminine floral. I was amazed to think that the female power broker nearest me had a more overbearing fragrance than my recent dose of HB. That is until I realized that the anticipated sandalwood and musk were nowhere to be found and instead I was left smelling like I woman.

It did last a fairly long time on my skin - 4-5 hours before fading - but this too was a problem when my wife also noted that she smelled a woman's fragrance on me!

While business is good and I remain happily married, it is not from the help of Hugo Boss.
26th August, 2009
Wow, what an unique and nice smell, wow what poor sillage and longevity. 2 hours and it's gone and nobody was able to smell it except hourself. Thats way to short
15th August, 2009
I really like this scent!
The orange candy opening is very unique and memorable. Yes it does smell synthetic, but there is synthetic good and synthetic bad…this is synthetic good.
Contrary to other reviews I find this has outstanding longevity (12+ hours), but maybe that has more to do with how it mixes with my skin.
Not to some peoples tastes so definitely try before buy.
Big thumbs up from me!

08th August, 2009 (last edited: 30th January, 2010)
eRL00p Show all reviews
this is a somewhat expensive fragrance, but when you look at the bottle you can see why its priced a lil bit higher than other fragrances. 1.3 oz instead of 1.7 3.0 oz instead of 3.4.
i believe this is a gourmand type scent, although it is not disgusting like many other gourmands i come across. This one lasts very well over time for me, and works well when i heat up. My brother used to sneak into my room and use this one all the time~
It took me a long time to get a second bottle, but once i did, i wore it almost everyday for 2 weeks. That is Very Rare for me. Im on basenotes, i doubt the majority of us stick to one fragrance.

This is a different fragrance, but Not one of those "do i like it or not" types. It is very nice, it can be very versatile-- i wear it to the gym, and out for evening dates. it is just so delicious. It is a shame the other Boss In Motion fragrances are so synthetic and weak lasting. I made a journey out to try the others and was sadly disappointed by this ones siblings. Stick with this boss in motion-- ive received compliments from those I had hoped to make an impression on.
28th July, 2009
A nice scent for the sporty ones that it can also be worn in a suit. It is a little too citrussy for me, but I still consider it good. Long lasting, sensual, just that I prefer other sprays. But still I must mention I appreciate this one. The green version is even better.
29th March, 2009
I hate this one, for a reason and another.

Opening note of airy candy-like orange is very entertaining, but it very soon after that dies into this oh-so-very-boring and weak blend subtle woods and vanilla-musk. Doesn’t last very long, at least not on me.

I am also not a fan of these kind of sporty releases – I mean, with the concept like this the juice itself must be something very special if its able to capture me along.
Here, this is not the case.

And I must say that it doesn’t help that this fragrance is a huge hit in my home country along with those sporty, trendy bullish dumbasses.
15th February, 2009
Personally I don't agree with the reviews. I find In Motion one of the most classy and sofisticated eau de toilette around there. the contrast between citrus and synth vanilla notes is extremely good and fascinating, very warm and fresh in the meantime, relaxing and energizing. It has something of the old tradition, while being extremely actual. An innovative classic. It's probalby my current favourite edt. cheers.
27th January, 2009
This fragrance contains a musky/citrusy/vanilla scent to it that is very nice. Leaning towards winter wear this cologne is not like the other tabacco and leather scents which is good. The longevity could be better but this is a nice casual fragrance for the fall/winter time.
09th November, 2008
Boss in Motion tends to smell like a slight variation of the generic citrus scents that often have a short-lasting creamy wood and musk base. While it doesn't smell bad, I cannot say that I am the least bit impressed.
16th July, 2008 (last edited: 29th October, 2009)
Fresh and synthetic opening of watery citrus. Dies after that. Must've been moving too fast.
11th July, 2008