Negative Reviews of L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme by Guerlain

I like LIDGE a lot but this is not even in the same league. I think it is a very boring, generic fragrance that isn't worth the money. It starts off very citrusy, then dries down into a barely detectable cacao base. The longevity is very solid as well as the projection, but the scent itself is not something anyone under 35 should be wearing. Do yourself a favor and buy the extreme version instead.

5.2/10
27th December, 2012
l'Instant pour Homme feels pulled in a few too many directions for me. It's a fresh, oriental, woody, gourmand, green citrus. It seems built to try to please everyone just a bit. It's warm and it's cool. It's dry and it's sweet. It seems like it's intended to be discrete, but with its finger in so many pies just seems non-committal to me.

l'Instant's mix of mild gourmand elements on top of woods, citrus and the rest of the kitchen sink is the equivalent to my nose of 'a bad taste in my mouth.' I tried to like this one for quite a while, but it never took.
29th August, 2011 (last edited: 30th August, 2011)
I don't get the fuss. Sweet incense with something peppery, anise or licorice, and traces of pungent sweet florals, gardenia or jasmine or something. A pleasantly feminine perfumed curiously repackaged for men.

I would be delighted if my garden smelt like this. I wouldn't however, go and roll in it.
17th August, 2010

I had really high hopes for L'Instant. The top notes are wonderful. Where it loses the plot is in the heart notes. As the citrus top fades away, the heart - to my nose and identified by others - is a linear patchouli. To add insult to injury the fragrance heats up significantly as time goes on and unleashed a progressively harsher bouquet of spices. By the time the heart notes are in full force, the patchouli and spice mix is unbearable to me. I had to wash it off as it was giving me a headache.

I've given it three wearings now, each about 5-6 hours in duration. I don't think this bottle will make it to a 4th wearing.
03rd April, 2010
livewood Show all reviews
I so wanted to love this one as I generally prefer Guerlain's 'feminines' to its 'masculines' (apart from the deep and luscious Heritage). Although I enjoyed the spice, floral and gourmand notes in L'Instant, the linear patchouli note in the drydown drove me to distraction, and I gave my bottle to a friend with more tolerance to it than I have.
02nd May, 2009
Rafined, evening scent. Perfect for a very pleasant evening in a quite an exquisite restaurant or Cafe.
13th December, 2007
markc Show all reviews
People really slam Demeter for longevity, but most Demeters last much longer than this. After trying it a few different times during different seasons, I still only can detect it only about an hour.
11th February, 2007
Very Irresistible is resemblant to this one, but far better. This fragrance is too leathery-suede, too synthetic and definitely not for me. Guerlain, I expected much more from your L'Instant range for men. Anyway, you're far better than Armani.
23rd December, 2006
Sorry, i don't like it - it's to weak, has no class and above all: it's not at all Guerlain!
It's a pitty that Jean-Paul Guerlain retired!!
28th February, 2005 (last edited: 10th March, 2005)