Reviews of M; Men by Masak´ Matsush´ma

great scent and great aesthetic but unfortunately after 30 minutes it's totally gone. no one can smell this after those beautiful 30 min and it fells like you're wearing no perfume at all. I really don't understand why it's sooooooo short lived. it's like you're spraying perfumed water on yourself that in no time will totally evaporate. such a waste of ...... well everything.
07th April, 2010
Bigsly Show all reviews
I think the top notes create olfactory fatigue, and so many feel it has poor longevity. Because I try to avoid top notes as much as possible, this doesn't happen to me, and I get a strong 5 hours with two full sprays to the chest, though the sillage is moderate. It comes across to me as one big accord, with citrus and vetiver being in charge. I don't really smell much in the way of tea, rosemary, or nutmeg. There is a mild musky quality, but more like laundry detergent than something animalic. It's not sweet, and I think that helps make it feel "light," yet full and rich. Certainly, this is a great "office" or school fragrance. While "simple," it doesn't really get boring, though I don't wear the same fragrance two days in a row, so if you do that, then it might get boring. Overall, this is well done and has no "flaws," but don't expect some sort of olfactory revelation here.
04th October, 2009
This is excellent. Refined, clever, slightly strange but so, so wearable.

It's dusty, musky citrus filtered through the mulch of hedgerows and laced with shitake mushrooms. Superb, Japanese elegance, like yesterday's Comme des Garcons shirt, left outside overnight.

Or maybe like a big, cuddly Panda supplemented its usual diet of bamboo shoots with a cup of good quality tea and a nice, ripe grapefruit - and then burped. Or maybe not.
03rd July, 2009

Sad this lives for so short of a time. It's a wonderful citrus opening with qualities like Guerlain's Vetiver but it's missing key components making it NOT a vetiver scent (even though there is vetiver). Maybe I'm rambling but when I first sprayed this I thought it was Guerlain. No wait it's Vetiver Glacee! No wait... M; Men? What the heck? It's a lovely light-hearted scent and stereotypical of most Japanese designer scents. It simply doesn't last long enough to be enjoyed thoroughly. What a great opening act. Too bad the headlining bad was terrible.
06th April, 2009
This is a tart yet refeshing grapefruit and lemon with some light woods, vetiver, and unisex musk lying underneath. But, the real star is the citrus; everything else is almost incidental. It is natural-smelling, simple, and linear - a perfect summer frag. No frills here, people. It's almost as though it's saying, "Don't overanalyze me. Just frolic."

If the good folks at Ocean Spray ever decide to create a fragrance, they should buy this recipe and market it using television ads scored to Bobby McFerrin's "Don't Worry, Be Happy."
20th March, 2009 (last edited: 15th October, 2009)
Very nice intial blast of citrus but just doesn't last long on my skin. Almost gone after 30 minutes. A shame b/c it definitely has potential.
01st January, 2009
bisby Show all reviews
My wife absolutely abhors high silage scents and as such, I have been on a quest to try some scents I like without having a large area of scent space. I have tried some of the Kenzo scents without finding a keeper for me. This scent is a keeper. I was a big fan of Issey Miyake about 10 years ago and feel M:Men has some of the same Japanese character. M:Men is less sweet and less floral with a little grapefruit on the opening and a nice woody tone on drydown. Longevity is good with just one or two sprays at about 6-8 hours. Nice work scent IMHO, and my wife asked about it without prompting. That is a positive. Try it if you like unique masculine scents that are fresh and not overpowering.

Edit: 2014 Tiring of this scent. Light but a bit too powdery on drydown, my tastes are changing, liking more powerful finishes.
09th December, 2008 (last edited: 29th January, 2014)
JonB Show all reviews
Lemon and grapefruit making way for a light vetiver and white musk. Very tastefully done. A bit introverted. Seems like this could be unisex. I like it very much.
26th September, 2008
WOW! If you are a fragrance conosuier and have not sampled this you are utterly missing out. This stuff is excellent. My initial thougt was grapefruit and pineapple, but it is so much more than that. it is sweet, but not ina femme way at all. Dimitri is very correct with the statement "Beyond Issey Miyake" I most definately want to try everything from this house, and every other Japanese maker out there. I MUST HAVE THIS.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!.
18th September, 2008
I found this one while looking for something clean, masculine and not too sweet. Though it has sweet notes on top, it is not overwhelming==slightly citrusy top notes (that truly smell like citrus, not like sweetened lemonade). The top notes don't fade so much as the underneath notes begin to assert themselves a bit more as time goes by. The undertones are fresh, clean and woody, without being overly musky or having that 'old man' smell that a lot of 'classic smelling' fragrances have. I was quite impressed by this scent. It reminds me a bit of Tuscany, which is a huuge compliment from me.
13th January, 2008
sniima Show all reviews
I tested this fragrance while on the hunt for a cologne for my boyfriend. I couldn't get enough of it! To be honest however, I could see myself wearing it more than my S.O. Despite its name, I definitely feel that this scent can be worn by individuals of either gender.
10th November, 2007