Positive Reviews of Essence Musk by Ferrari

The Ferrari Essence line continues to impress me with their releases which have proven to be somewhat unique, quality fragrances. Essence Musk is no different, a sort of sparkly white/silver fragrance with light fruity tones swirling within an exceptionally clean and clear variety of musk. The combination of mint, watermelon and the watery marine notes come together to leave behind this sparkling silver/white sheen very evocative of the bottle in which its housed. Essence Musk is ethereal in terms of its density, making it appropriate for warmer temperatures and times of the year. It's diffusive and light and can be applied generously. As is often the case with musk-centric fragrances, Essence can easily be dressed up or down, so while it's definitely not a formal style of scent, it can work that way if one wishes. Finally, the automobile theme is somehow tied into Essence for me as I get subtle notes of rubber and vinyl in the base. I don't know if this was intentional or just an odd coincidence resulting from a certain combination of base notes, but their presence is undeniable at least on my skin. Musk is not a particularly watery fragrance--I wouldn't classify it as an aquatic despite the watermelon and marine notes in the pyramid--its more of what's stated in its name, a musk fragrance with a sparkling, diffusive character. Overall it's a unique addition to my wardrobe and something I'm looking forward to wearing now that the weather is right. Thumbs up.

Side note: Musk's bottle is very well-done. A sturdy bottle painted in a beautiful pearl-white with silver accents. It looks great on the shelf.
13th August, 2019