Latest Perfume Reviews

Black Jeans by Versace

It is very subtle, and just when you think it had faded, it exudes a very unique fragrance. Andrew [from the basenotes forum] recommended it, and I, without any hesitation bought a bottle. Am I glad or what? I have received several compliments by male and female. It is not an overpowering and *in your face* type of fragrance. Very suitable for an office environment and also (which is important to me) not something that everyone else is wearing.
20th December, 2000

Black Jeans by Versace

I have tried Black Jeans and like it very much. It is different from just about any other fragrance I can think of. It has presence but does not scream. I really enjoy the fact that it is so dry.
18th December, 2000

Aramis by Aramis

My father used to wear 'Aramis' all of the time. It must have been his signature scent. Everything about him had that fragrance. Now whenever I smell 'Aramis', I think of him. I bought a bottle a couple years ago and it seemed to be the same. I wear it occaisionally and someone gave me a gift set a few Christmases ago. The deodorant, shower gel, and body products all help to make that great fragrance last and last. I just might pull out my bottle now and feature it for a while.
16th December, 2000

Jaïpur Homme Eau de Parfum by Boucheron

This is one of my favorite fragrances. I personally like the eau de parfum version of the scent, which is a little more richer on the wood notes, and less on the fresh like the edt. I use the scent to dress up going out. This is NOT a scent for casual.
15th December, 2000

Xeryus Rouge by Givenchy

I have that problem (overdose of fruitiness) with Xeryus Rouge. I spend time waiting for the rest of the fragrance to burst out, but it never does! What's really annoying is that it's so close to being amazing!
11th December, 2000

Herrera for Men by Carolina Herrera

I gave myself a shot of Herrera months ago while doing the rounds. Nice clean fougere. It's sneaking around in my top 20 somewhere.
02nd December, 2000

Signature pour Homme by S.T. Dupont

I just picked up the St. Dupont Signature set from Neiman's the other day, mostly because the bottle is sooo nice, secondly because the salesperson was a total fox. Had to form the "relationship", ya know? Actually, it turns out that she's married to my high school classmate's brother, and it also turns out that I'M married...oh well.
The scent is nice. Great top notes. The dry down leaves something to be desired, as it smells somewhat basic--does that make sense? It doesn't seem to have the complex, intriguing lingering scent that so many great colognes exhibit.
23rd November, 2000

Latitude Longitude by Nautica

I am really, really liking my Nautica Latitude Longitude. The shower gel is awesome, face scrub is killer. Well-designed tubes too--the hole is like a nozzle that is small enough that if you put the bottle on its side while open, it won't leak out the liquid. Smart.
23rd November, 2000 (last edited: 28th November, 2000)

Minotaure by Paloma Picasso

I just tried on that Minotaure that I had lying around. You know what? It's like a nicer version of that new Dunhill Desire...it also smells somewhat like Xeyrus Rouge. I sort of like it...I'll have to go and seek wife approval!
20th November, 2000

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin by Lolita Lempicka

Personally, I would have to rank it one of the best mens scents of 2000. You've got to admit it took balls to incorporate the same notes of the womans scent into the fragrance! Where as most fragrances for men and woman just share the names but not notes. The bottle is also ingenious in its interpretation of the womans. A very stand out of the crowd scent.
19th November, 2000

Le Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier

From the brief exposure I've had to Le Male, I liked it. I took a sample spray on the arm at Sephora, and was immediately taken by it's uniqueness. There's a definite powdery character and I seem to remember an omnipresent minty vanilla note. Not the heaviest oriental scent I've experienced but no slacker. Nice for a cooler/cold day or evening. Going one spray to many would not be difficult. I'd also enjoy getting more feedback on this scent. Like others, it receives alternating praises and slams so it's all but impossible to get a direction.
19th November, 2000

Paul Smith Men by Paul Smith

I tried Paul Smith and I like it too. It's seems to be a very authentic Green. In fact, when I tried it during the summer, it reminded me of what summer should smell like i.e. not the Irish version!
18th November, 2000

Rush for Men by Gucci

At first smell, I thought it to be too woody, too much cedar..but as it dries down, it took on a completely different scent. It's quite appealing! I've received many compliments as well. One of the first fragrances that gets better after your body's chemistry blends with it! Very different..not your mainstream run of the mill scent

D&G Masculine by Dolce & Gabbana

...Anyway, I am really starting to appreciate this fragrance. The more I use it, the more I like it. It's more complex than the ordinary citrus scents, and it doesn't really smell quite like anything else--I think of it as a citrusey scent backed with a nice smokey, woodsey base. It has a hint of woodsey sweetness without loading up on the vanilla (I'm not a big fan of vanilla), which balances out the fragrance quite nicely.

Uomo? Moschino by Moschino

I loved it when I put it on first, but after a while I got very tired of it. There's an unpleasant sharp note lurking around in there somewhere.

Romeo Gigli by Romeo Gigli

I had a small bottle of Gigli some years ago. Very good scent but hard to describe. It's very Italian - full bodied with spice, citrus and wood. I would say there is a strong note of patchouli - probably in the base. A little goes a long way. I am sorry I can't be more specific but it is well made scent. It is probably a fragrance that would not be suitable for someone very young - too sophisticated. Definitely not in the current fresh, clean and oceanic mode!
14th November, 2000

Obsession for Men by Calvin Klein

Obsession is one of the few Klein fragrances I can tolerate wearing. I enjoy the spicy orange character. Another plus is the thumbs up response from woman. I've always had good results.
12th November, 2000

Stetson Country by Stetson

A little better than the original Stetson. Spicy and woody at the end. Maybe a hint of leather. Makes you want to throw on a ten gallon, some boots and go out for and evening of two steppin'. YEEEEEE HAAAAAAA!!!!
11th November, 2000

Happy for Men by Clinique

Sampled this bad boy and I love it. The mandarin and lime sticks around and mixes well with the wood notes at the end. Very fresh. I'll invest in a full bottle soon. It'll be perfect for the warm summer days and nights.
11th November, 2000

Black by Bulgari

Although I like it, I think there is too much vanilla (at least it smells like vanilla to me) for Black to be a men's fragrance, although they say it's unisex. Particularly when time passes and the top notes are gone away. The vanilla (?) in the base notes are too strong. (for a man)
10th November, 2000

cK one "Red Hot Edition" by Calvin Klein

Great idea. More designer houses should pursue the Holiday theme. Adds more novelty. O.K., it's a gimmick, but what the heck!
09th November, 2000

Aramis by Aramis

Aramis is one of those love it or hate it fragrances. You can't smell it from the bottle you have to try this one on. For some reason it gets negative feed back because some people take a bath in it.
08th November, 2000

Tempore Uomo by Laura Biagiotti

Tempore Uomo really is good, isn't it? It was a must-have when I first came across it! The assistant in the shop where I bought it was quite surprised that it isn't all that popular. It would be a pity if it didn't survive.
08th November, 2000

Tuscany / Etruscan by Aramis

I had a bottle of Tuscany years ago that I received as a gift. I enjoyed it quite a bit and got great responses from the female persuasion. I finished it or moved and lost it. It's sharp AND powdery. That's the main draw for me. It's great for a romantic evening or any formal occasion.
07th November, 2000

Havana by Aramis

This has to be one of the heaviest fragrances available, so user discretion is advised! In some respects it seems like a much older fragrance than it actually is. Evolves nicely on the skin.
31st October, 2000

Emporio Armani He by Giorgio Armani

I just bought the 1.7 oz. Emporio Armani. It has a woody freshness that doesn't change a whole lot on the dry down. A clean fragrance that would be appropriate for casual use, an evening on the town or in the board room. The container, being aluminum with a rubber spray button on top, is very suitable for travel. Not on the cheap side, but a little goes most of the day
20th October, 2000

Chrome by Azzaro

Absolutely positively intoxicatingly fresh and bursting with citrus. I've found another favorite. It looks exactly like it smells. I acquired a mini bottle of this and it will not last long. I've heard the babes go nuts for this too. Big surprise. I don't believe any guy can go wrong with it.
20th October, 2000

Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

I acquired a little collectors bottle of this and will soon upgrade to the full size. All the bragging about this one was right on. I love its richness and the way it maintains a sweet tobacco wood sort of aroma at the end. Classy. I'll wear this one to work often as well. I'd put it right up there with Egoiste Platinum.
18th October, 2000

Coriolan by Guerlain

I have tried CORIOLAN and it smells very good, especially after it 'wears down' and your pores start to release the fragrance later during the day. It's unique and different, unlike many of the 'new' fragrances that have been introduced (many smell so similar, that you can't distinguish one from another) Just today, I have had several people say, "...you smell good...what kind of cologne is that?" Even if you use 'a little too much', it is not over bearing.
17th October, 2000

Realm by Realm Fragrances

A very sweet oriental. It has a sort of mellow berry top note that sticks around. A dab will do you. I feel it's most appropriate for an evening out, but it's not completely out of place in a casual daytime setting. Go easy on it. A little dab will do nicely all day. I've had flattering remarks about it, but also wrinkled noses when I accidentally over did it. It has synthetic human pheromone in it and is supposed to give you an increased sense of well-being (according to the little booklet). I'm not certain that it does anything for me but I've never experienced great depression with it either.
16th October, 2000