Code of Conduct
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 1975

Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

Hi everybody,

My name is Gregor and I am a newbie parfum addict, here for learning and sharing.

Nowadays loving leather essences.

Quote Originally Posted by goy0 View Post
    Hi everybody,

My name is Gregor and I am a newbie parfum addict, here for learning and sharing.

Hey Gregor, welcome!
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

Basenotes Plus

Hi everybody,

Welcome aboard, Gregor

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Hi everybody,

Welcome to you goy0! Enjoy your time here at Basenotes!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Hi everybody,

Welcome to Basenotes! Make sure to try Tuscan Leather if you're a fan of leather scents.

Hi everybody,

Welcome aboard Gregor
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

I've been lurking for a few years but I feel like it's time to say hello (even if I'm unlikely to be a frequent poster - the breadth and depth of knowledge I find here is sometimes intimidating!). I have some idea about what I'm most drawn to - moss, smoke, black pepper, wet soil, tobacco, wood...but I'm still early in the learning process and interested in trying absolutely everything. I mostly buy decants as it has to be love for a full-bottle and samples are too small - I feel that I need time to get to know a fragrance, my understanding of it and feelings towards it change as I wear it with different clothes, in different moods, at different times of the year. Whilst I'm on a quest for real love, I don't think I'd be happy with "the one" - I get bored of what I love, and to me it's more about experimenting widely and returning to the familiarity of an old love every so often. I'd appreciate any recommendations or advice, although I soak a lot up from what is already available on this forum. Thank you for sharing your experience and hello!

Quote Originally Posted by pikemalarkey View Post
    I've been lurking for a few years but I feel like it's time to say hello (even if I'm unlikely to be a frequent poster - the breadth and depth of knowledge I find here is sometimes intimidating!). I have some idea about what I'm most drawn to - moss, smoke, black pepper, wet soil, tobacco, wood...but I'm still early in the learning process and interested in trying absolutely everything. I mostly buy decants as it has to be love for a full-bottle and samples are too small - I feel that I need time to get to know a fragrance, my understanding of it and feelings towards it change as I wear it with different clothes, in different moods, at different times of the year. Whilst I'm on a quest for real love, I don't think I'd be happy with "the one" - I get bored of what I love, and to me it's more about experimenting widely and returning to the familiarity of an old love every so often. I'd appreciate any recommendations or advice, although I soak a lot up from what is already available on this forum. Thank you for sharing your experience and hello!
    Welcome!
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards

Welcome to you pikemalarkey! Enjoy your time here at Basenotes!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pikemalarkey View Post
    Hi, pike! I love all those notes you listed. I like a lot of other stuff, too, so my wardrobe isn't a great place to look blindly, but I know I own things you would love.

Off the top of my head, you should try these things, if you haven't already....

Chanel Antaeus
    Marc Jacobs Bang
    Armani Privé Bois d'Encens
    Un Parfum des Sens et Bois (The Different Company)
    Cordovan (Banana Republic)
    Chanel Égoïste (rose & wood)
    Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vetiver
    Comme des Garçons 2 Man
    Lubin Itasca
    YSL L'Homme Ultime
    Mauboussin M Génération
    Monocle Scent One : Hinoki
    Monocle Scent Three : Sugi
    Spicebomb
    Spicebomb Extreme
    Bath & Body Works Bourbon (peppery woods)
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Caron Yatagan
    Azzaro Wanted by Night (my wife loves this)
    Zara Tobacco Collection (two scents, if you can find it, but don't pay a lot - they're unlikely to be strong loves)
    Creed Tabarôme
    Creed Tabarôme Millesime

Pleased to meet you! Hope you have an enjoyable time here!
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

Welcome aboard pikemalarkey
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2021 HERE:https://www.basenotes.net/threads/48...d-Fridays-2021

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Thank you all for the warm welcome! And Redneck Perfumisto, an extra thanks to you for taking the trouble to provide a list of recommendations, which I intend to make good use of! CDG in particularly interest me as I've tried Black from my mother's collection and it was an instant love. I've also tried Terre d'Hermes (although not the vetiver version) and immediately thought that I was going to like it, but then this sharp cedar note put me off. It felt synthetic and remained on the tester strip for days, long after the rest of the scent evaporated (I thought maybe iso e super is to blame but it's just a guess). I'm unsure whether I like vetiver at this point as I've noticed that two scents the base notes of which I wasn't keen on had the same vetiver/patchouli mix, so I'll have to work out which one is the culprit, or if it's the two in combination Anyway, lots to explore here.

I don't know why I took so long to create an account at basenotes.

I'm into fragrances since 2007 but only yesterday I had the courage to come here and I'm pretty impressed.

Btw, I'm wanting to buy my first Frederic Malle ever, (Musc Ravageur), I took a look at some online stores and I found one with a VERY good price for a MR (about 160 euros) but the store doesn't ship to the U.S.A. so I wonder if anyone could help me with this.

Thanks!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by italopaz View Post

I'm into fragrances since 2007 but only yesterday I had the courage to come here and I'm pretty impressed.

Btw, I'm wanting to buy my first Frederic Malle ever, (Musc Ravageur), I took a look at some online stores and I found one with a VERY good price for a MR (about 160 euros) but the store doesn't ship to the U.S.A. so I wonder if anyone could help me with this.

Thanks!
    Welcome!

Welcome to you italopaz! Enjoy your time here at Basenotes!

Welcome aboard italopaz

Quote Originally Posted by italopaz View Post

Thanks!
    Cheers and welcome.
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

Thank you, guys!

Hello all! New to the forum here.

Welcome to you niche_addict! Enjoy your time here at Basenotes!

Welcome aboard niche_addict

Quote Originally Posted by niche_addict View Post
    Hello all! New to the forum here.
    Hello, welcome! If I can ask, how did you become addicted to niche fragrances?

I am having a difficult time choosing my third fragrance for my collection.

I already have D & G The One EDT and Bvlgari aquamarine. For my third fragrance, I want something that can be worn all year round but also has an insane project, silage, and be long lasting.

I considered getting:
    1. Armani Code Absolu
    2. Moschino Toy Boy
    3. club de nuit intense man
    4. Tom Ford Tobacco Oud
    5. Versace Eros
    6. Le Male Le Parfum Jean Paul Gaultier

Welcome aboard Situbaby

I'd pick Versace Eros from the ones listed

Armani Code Absolu

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66