Code of Conduct
    Deleted Member

Question DUNHILL 'LONDON' coming 2008... any info?

Last edited by Deleted Member; 12th August 2015 at 06:30 PM.

Default Re: DUNHILL 'LONDON' coming 2008... any info?

I can't help, unfortunately, but I do want to indicate my interest and add that I do love when Brittish people use the word "rubbish"! God I love that!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I don't expect much from Dunhill anymore. I think they became Boss and Lacoste kinfd of house. Unfortunately.

By the way, I guess London replaced them of colors - after red, blue and black, now everybody has to have London in their line.

Yes, will be made by Proctor and Gamble in one of their chemical factories.

Sadly I have to agree with others above that they have really dropped their game. Since the twisty glass bottle gems of For Men, Edition, and to a lesser extent, d, they've churned out a series of generic fresh smelling banalities (can anyone tell the difference between Blue, Fresh, Pure, etc...?).

If anyone's been to the Dunhill boutique in London, they know how many gorgeous pipe tobaccos they have there, in all different flavours and scents. They used to do one called Christmas Blend which was magical.

What do they sell at Dunhill? Tobacco, leather goods, and stuff like platinum cigaretter lighters and cufflinks. Can anyone imagine how great it would be if they did the ultimate tobacco fragrance? Somewhere between the old gentlemen's club of Vintage Tabarome and the sweet plummy porty Burberry London? A bit of dusty leather like Tabac Blond or Knize Ten. A bit of cold steel and flint (a la Terre d'Hermes) and gasoline (a la DKNY Fuel, Bvlgari Black) to represent lighters. That's some of my all time favourite scents!

Hmmm.... if only they'd listen to us.

Ged
    Top 10: Chanel Antaeus, Chanel Sycamore, Creed Aventus, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Frapin Isle of Man, Guerlain Habit Rouge, Hermes Terre d'Hermes, TF Beau de Jour, TF Tuscan Leather, YSL Rive Gauche.

10-20: ADP Colonia Essenza, Chanel Egoiste, Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree, Creed Vintage Tabarome, Dunhill Edition, Dunhill For Men 1934, Knize Ten, Polo Modern Reserve, YSL M7, Zaharoff Signature

I agree with you Ged, from the recent launches which i can't recall thier names,... they will never produce somthing as good as For Men, Edition & 'd'.
    i have no faith in dunhill anymore

I think the best advice for Dunhill would be to have relaunched the old 'Cologne for Men' under the 'London' name, without changing anything about the scent, except perhaps a slight increase to the concentration.

But yes, the only Dunhill that impresses me at the moment is 'Edition', which it seems also may be on the way out, so I'm afraid hopes are not high for 'London'...

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: DUNHILL 'LONDON' coming 2008... any info?

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    What do they sell at Dunhill? Tobacco, leather goods, and stuff like platinum cigaretter lighters and cufflinks. Can anyone imagine how great it would be if they did the ultimate tobacco fragrance? Somewhere between the old gentlemen's club of Vintage Tabarome and the sweet plummy porty Burberry London? A bit of dusty leather like Tabac Blond or Knize Ten. A bit of cold steel and flint (a la Terre d'Hermes) and gasoline (a la DKNY Fuel, Bvlgari Black) to represent lighters. That's some of my all time favourite scents!
    x2, I'd like to see Dunhill bring a really really well done, more complex version of BR Black Walnut (imo the best tobacco dominated cologne yet)

I agree they should do a high-quality "ultimate" Dunhill tobacco fragrance...great idea.

I've been completely unimpressed by most of the newer releases as well, with the exception of Dunhill 2003, which I absolutely love. I can tell the difference between Pure, Fresh, and Pursuit, but I don't really like any of them. Desire Red is worth checking out, as is Desire Blue, but they are quite "synthetic" or plasticy-smelling. Edition is pretty good. X-centric is decent. 1934 is really good, but I prefer the 2003 "version", which I do believe to be similar and brighter.

So for only $25 or so, I think Dunhill 2003 holds it's own along side my much more expensive Brittish/barbershop-type scents.
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Deleted Member

Last edited by Deleted Member; 12th August 2015 at 06:29 PM.

since I was a teenager till today & I am buying a bottle of EDITION at least once a year.. it's just like like magic & impresses everyone.

http://www.parfumdepub.net/index.html

LONDON is an old Dunhill Fragrance--whether it is being resurrected or reinvented, I'm not sure.... Above is a link to an ad of the original.
    Currently wearing: Leather Essence by Ferrari

There's a sample on Ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dunhill-London...QQcmdZViewItem
    Not too keen on the packaging (much preferred that old ad!), but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the scent.
    Last edited by StewartGallacher; 14th January 2008 at 10:28 PM.

I've got my fingers crossed too, but I'm not going to be the slightest bit surprised if this turns out to be another Dunhill Pure or Pursuit.

I really like the original (34) and the new homme (03), and Edition is pretty darn good too. Desire has merit as a benchmark fragrance,but it and Desire Blue are decent but REALLY synthetic-smelling. Dunhill Fresh could have been a lot better, if not so astringent and raw-woody.

We'll give it a sniff for sure. And from the looks of the sample on ebay, it looks pretty cool. I wonder what the bottle will look like.

Dunhill 2003 is quite impressive.....fingers crossed for 2008......make that two fingers bartender!!!
    Last edited by Michael Picasso; 15th January 2008 at 01:45 AM.

Deleted Member

Last edited by Deleted Member; 12th August 2015 at 06:29 PM.

Last edited by whitechandoo; 29th January 2008 at 09:32 PM.

Same old marketing from the 90s-00s Dunhill. I'm not holding my breath. In all of their marketing they don't even mention a pyramid. From one of the biggest Dunhill fans you'll find, I'm very cynical.
    Top 10: Chanel Antaeus, Chanel Sycamore, Creed Aventus, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Frapin Isle of Man, Guerlain Habit Rouge, Hermes Terre d'Hermes, TF Beau de Jour, TF Tuscan Leather, YSL Rive Gauche.

10-20: ADP Colonia Essenza, Chanel Egoiste, Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree, Creed Vintage Tabarome, Dunhill Edition, Dunhill For Men 1934, Knize Ten, Polo Modern Reserve, YSL M7, Zaharoff Signature

I also am dissapointed with most of their pissy weak watery output of the past decade .
    On this new 2008 ...
    Im wishing it is an identical reconstruction of the London cologne of the past ..

Summing up ..
    I own Edition and rate it very highly .
    I am desperately seeking a bottle of the 1934 Classic for Men .. blind !!
    I owned X-Centric but sold it ... was pleasant but to synthetic in certain parts .
    Out of the current crop the Desire Red ? is on my sample list .
    Currently wearing: Zirh Ikon by Zirh

The new bottle looks awesome!

I went to go request a sample, but at the bottom of the request form, I found that U.S. citizens don't have an option to select in the drop-down box. I guess they don't send here. Anyone want to help?

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    The new bottle looks awesome!

I went to go request a sample, but at the bottom of the request form, I found that U.S. citizens don't have an option to select in the drop-down box. I guess they don't send here. Anyone want to help?
    ditto haha

This is what i found : An oriental fougere for the modern gent, this fragrance is based on English rose, made more masculine with spicy notes including Cardamom and Cinnamon Bark.

Quote Originally Posted by big_b View Post
    This is what i found : An oriental fougere for the modern gent, this fragrance is based on English rose, made more masculine with spicy notes including Cardamom and Cinnamon Bark.
    This sounds seriously promising (and like Domenico Caraceni). The bit above is kindling a hope in me for a great Dunhill fragrance. Like the posters above, fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by big_b View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Circa1905 View Post
    This sounds seriously promising (and like Domenico Caraceni). The bit above is kindling a hope in me for a great Dunhill fragrance. Like the posters above, fingers crossed.

Oooh, that does sound good. Where did you find that info? And also, do we have any idea as to the nose behind this one?

It looks lie it will be a standard Dunhill release, not a limited edition or anything, so it really should be out soon in the US?

Ged

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    It looks lie it will be a standard Dunhill release, not a limited edition or anything, so it really should be out soon in the US?

Ged
    It probably will be out real soon now... after all, Dunhill fragrances are made by P&G Prestige & Commercial, which typically (but not always, as was the case with D&G The One for women) means a quick worldwide launch.

IIRC, one of the ladies at Macy's mentioned that Dunhill London will be out in the US in April.
    It's really quite pleasant, except for the smell (...)
    -"Mama", My Chemical Romance

An SA in Debenhams told me today that Jude Law will be fronting the Ad campaign for this fragrance