Code of Conduct

Thread: Reed Diffusers

Default Reed Diffusers

Not too long ago I purchased some Archipelago Botanical Savannah tea candles and they are just SOOOO wonderful, full of night blooming jasmine and gardenia scent, that is until you light them! Truly, all of the scent just disappears minutes after the candles are lit, so I purchased the same scent in their reed diffuser and while it doesn't smell exactly the same as the candles, it's scent is fabulous without being overpowering.

I recently purchased one of their reed diffusers in their Madagascar line and it is equally luscious and both are very long lasting.

Has anyone tried other scents in the AB diffuser line? And has anyone compared AB with the Seda France diffusers? I'd love to hear your opinions.

Kathy

Default Re: Reed Diffusers

I purchased an Archipilago reed diffuser in June for my bedroom. The scent I have I believe is Morrocan Incense and it smells fabulous. It seems to give off more fragrance than the other less expensive diffusers I have purchased fom Pier One and to me that makes it completely worth spending the extra money. They had a huge selection of diffusers where I purchased and I was able to smell all of them and it was a hard decision because I only wanted to buy one to try. I will be purchasing others!

I would like to get a diffuser. Where is the best place to get one? Thanks.
    I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden.'' --Saint Augustine

“Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the twentieth century, and more than anywhere else this disease is reflected in the press.”--Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by bbobkc View Post
    I would like to get a diffuser. Where is the best place to get one? Thanks.
    Me too.
    "While the king is at his table, my perfume fills the air with its fragrance." SoS 1:12

I purchased my Archipelago diffuser at the cosmetic market in Nashville, TN but they also have a website.

http://www.beautyexclusive.com/arbocaco.html sells the diffusers, and I have been able to buy some on ebay that were testers, never opened but no box but half the price of retail.

I've got the Madagascar in the living room and the Savannah in our spa bathroom and each is still strong after several weeks. I also purchased some extra reeds on ebay and instead of just flipping them as most of the diffusers say you can do, I flip a few and replace a few with new ones. The reeds can get clogged after awhile and I found using the new reeds made our diffusers smell like they did right after purchasing them, wonderful!

Thanks for the website and the tip on replacing the reeds Jubal!

Blog Entries

I'm bumping this thread just because I'm interested in trying out some reed diffusers. I just like they way they look. What are some gems that can be easily found for pretty cheap?
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I have purchased quite few at Winners/Homesense. My favorites are the Anthousa line, esp. Citrus and Linden. I bought the large sizes for about $20 Cdn, and they have lasted since the beginning of May. There is easily enough left for two months or so.

I have a few reed diffusers, and the best I have found are from Pottery Barn and Tommy Bahama. I love Tommy Bahama's Fuji Sands and Topanga. From Pottery Barn, I like their
    Ginger Flower. It just doesn't get any better than these for ME.

UUmmm have you smell mine?
    Last edited by fragrancers.com; 7th September 2009 at 10:52 PM.

I suggest the new "Spanish Quince" reed diffuser from The Body Shop, it's actually from the Fall 2009 home fragrance collection but I think it would be perfect for Springtime too. The wooden diffuser is gorgeous as well:

I also ADORE L'Occitane's "Provencal Landscape", it's a bit expensive but it smells heavenly IMO, haven't really been to Provence but it smells lovely, it's a nice mix of green leaves, grass notes and some florals too. Here's the photo:

Last edited by who.nose; 24th October 2009 at 12:31 PM.

I've tried a few of the Linari ones and they are all great. My favorite right now is Esteban - Teck and Tonka. I have the diffuser,room spray,candle,potpourri rocks,wood incense,japanese incense, and vacuum powder in this scent so do I need to explain how much I love this scent? It is a mellow exotic smell that just smells luxurious. Diffuser refills are fairly cheap as they come in a plastic bottle that is then placed in the wooden case so as to look nice.

I recently got several Saint Parfum diffusers, Verbena is nice in the kitchen, White Tea and Paperwhite Narcissus is good in the powder room. Plumeria in the guest room is ok but not my favorite. My favorite by far is the Tobacco Leaf which I like equally as much as AB's Havana, which I am not sure comes in a diffuser. They are normally quite pricey but I got a great deal on a Billiondollarbabes.com sale . If I were to buy again at full price I'd go for the Tobacco Leaf for sure. The bottle is simple but elegant with a cork stopper which I think is a nice touch.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Reed Diffusers

I recently purchased a reed diffuser with juice and I was surprised to see reed ornaments included. They are ceramic white flower blossoms that fit on the tips of some of the reed making them bow somewhat more and makes the diffuser very attractive.