Default Re: Lets Talk Watches

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Very nice!
    Thank you, hednic!
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by FiveoaksBouquet View Post
    Congrats, all, on the fine acquisitions.

Very attractive numeral design and dial finish. I like that style a lot and the fact that it’s a Seiko, dependable quality. Wear it happily! What is the Presage? Is it a series?
    Thanks!

Presage is Seiko's mid-tier-to-entry-level-luxury range, bringing in some of the more extravagant flourishes from their very refined Grand Seiko range but without all the bells and whistles.

This one is a limited edition meant to suggest the look of toasted matcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    Thanks!

Presage is Seiko's mid-tier-to-entry-level-luxury range, bringing in some of the more extravagant flourishes from their very refined Grand Seiko range but without all the bells and whistles.

This one is a limited edition meant to suggest the look of toasted matcha.

Well done.

Here is my new Omega
    Attached Images Attached Images

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Here is my new Omega
    Very nice!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Very nice!
    Thanks!

Dependent

Here is my new Omega
    Well done, Chuck!

Here is my new Omega
    Many congrats, Chuck!
    That's a beauty. One of my favourite range of watches - Omega Seamaster with the black/blue/red theme.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Many congrats, Chuck!
    That's a beauty. One of my favourite range of watches - Omega Seamaster with the black/blue/red theme.
    Thanks! It's a 41.5 mm, but it seems bigger due to the thickness. I got a great deal and had it authenticated. Runs very accurately, better I think than my Rolex.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRF View Post
    Well done, Chuck!
    Thanks!

Congratulations for the new Omega purchase! Very stylish yet functional example among the outstanding Swiss watches for everyday/smart casual/office wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Congratulations for the new Omega purchase! Very stylish yet functional example among the outstanding Swiss watches for everyday/smart casual/office wear.
    Thanks!

Thanks! It's a 41.5 mm, but it seems bigger due to the thickness. I got a great deal and had it authenticated. Runs very accurately, better I think than my Rolex.
    I always wanted a Rolex whilst in my teens, but once I held one in my hands I did a complete u-turn. The Omega watches wear better and feel much more comfortable. Plus I think they are more creative than Rolex and yet stick to traditional concepts.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

I'd still take my Rolex Sub over this Omega, but I do like this Seamaster more than I thought I would. The shade of blue is just gorgeous.

In August of 2022 I will turn 55, and Lord willing I will buy another watch to mark the occasion. If I hadn't had a sudden cash windfall (and sold off around $500 worth of cologne and another watch), I couldn't have purchased this Omega. I'm very happy with it thus far.

Congrats on the new pieces everyone! Some of the Seiko Presage dials are really striking, especially in person.

Great pick on the Omega, Chuck! I'm not playing in the big leagues with Rolex or higher, yet, but just recently ordered my first Tudor through an AD and will likely also purchase an Omega as my next nice watch in August of 2022. After that I may start saving for an Explorer. We'll see how it goes.

Just got off work. Over 15 years old, been with me through bagging groceries, to school, and has been helping me count vitals at work. Still looks new. In some ways, it's better than my Rolexes.

38E6BBA6-C391-44AF-A962-94A2E8BD3B2B.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FCM415 View Post
    Just got off work. Over 15 years old, been with me through bagging groceries, to school, and has been helping me count vitals at work. Still looks new. In some ways, it's better than my Rolexes.

It saw you through some life passages, that makes it special. Plus, you don’t have to put it on a winder.

It saw you through some life passages, that makes it special. Plus, you don’t have to put it on a winder.
    I think that's why I felt the urge to post it sitting in my car after a long night actually.

I think that's why I felt the urge to post it sitting in my car after a long night actually.
    That's your partner in life's foxhole. A bond is formed.

Unrelated, I am really enjoying my new Omega. Very comfy wear for a larger watch. I like it more than I imagined I would, which is good considering what I paid! I looked up the serial number and it's from 2007.

Blog Entries

I always go about measuring watches lug to lug, as case measurement is pretty much pointless. Most modern men's watches seem smaller on paper, because they measure under 42 mm, but few sites measure them lug to lug. A lot of 42's and even 40's can wear like 44-46's now. Omega definitely being one them.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking to get a CasiOak soon since the hype has subsided and prices have gone down. I really like the camo bezel one with orange accents I think it has, it matches my simplistic style, as I wear a lot of camo bottoms, and plain black tees. I've heard a lot of negative about the quality of the CasiOak though.

Have this same one too, got it really cheap way back on sale for around 25 bucks. Also have 3 other G-Shocks, and a lot of colorful Casio square faced digitals. I love Casio, they last forever, and are rugged, especially the G-Shock's.
    All Time Top 10: Fahrenheit, Fahrenheit Absolute, Corduroy, Seduction in Black, Itasca, Arpege pH, Burberry London, Spark Seduction, Paul Smith Man, Eau des Baux

Wanted a nice piece that could be worn in many different situations from casual to formal. Picked up the blue dial datejust41. Indoors without lighting the dial looks nearly black, with light a really deep ocean blue, and in certain direct-light angles it's more of a primary blue (batman) color.

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    I always wanted a Rolex whilst in my teens, but once I held one in my hands I did a complete u-turn. The Omega watches wear better and feel much more comfortable..
    The only rolex i've tried on that wears poorly is the Explorer2. looks like a dinner plate on wrist. OP, Daytonas, Day-Dates, Datejusts, and Submariners wear very comfortable. I'm on the fence about Sky-Dweller, which is essentially a porky datejust (not including the complication of course).

I've always loved Omega. The Aqua Terra is one of the strongest "one watch collection" pieces i've ever seen. I love the "side of the moon" series speedmasters as well. Just wish they would make them thinner. I've worn 44mm watches before so that isn't the issue, they're just laughably thick.
    Don't stank.
    Currently wearing: Amber Aoud by Roja Dove

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by wood&leather View Post
    Wanted a nice piece that could be worn in many different situations from casual to formal. Picked up the blue dial datejust41. Indoors without lighting the dial looks nearly black, with light a really deep ocean blue, and in certain direct-light angles it's more of a primary blue (batman) color.

Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by wood&leather View Post

The only rolex i've tried on that wears poorly is the Explorer2. looks like a dinner plate on wrist. OP, Daytonas, Day-Dates, Datejusts, and Submariners wear very comfortable. I'm on the fence about Sky-Dweller, which is essentially a porky datejust (not including the complication of course).

I've always loved Omega. The Aqua Terra is one of the strongest "one watch collection" pieces i've ever seen. I love the "side of the moon" series speedmasters as well. Just wish they would make them thinner. I've worn 44mm watches before so that isn't the issue, they're just laughably thick.

So attractive, and a beautiful blue colour. Congrats and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by FiveoaksBouquet View Post
    So attractive, and a beautiful blue colour. Congrats and enjoy!
    Yeah that's a really nice one. For me, just about perfect really.