Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Lets Talk Watches

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Here is my new Tudor.
    Very handsome! I want one!

Nice! I was just looking at those.
    The build quality is exceptional given the pricepoint.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRF View Post
    Very handsome! I want one!
    Thanks! Just got it yesterday. I need to get the bracelet sized. The watch size compares very favorably to my Rolex Sub. The blue is gorgeous in sunlight.

Basenotes Plus

I’m really glad Tudor has stuck with aluminum bezel inserts because I don’t like the aesthetics of ceramic bezels.

Anybody see the new BB58 Bronze yet? I like it. Hope that new adjustable clasp becomes an option for other models.

Quote Originally Posted by bklow View Post
    I’m really glad Tudor has stuck with aluminum bezel inserts because I don’t like the aesthetics of ceramic bezels.

Anybody see the new BB58 Bronze yet? I like it. Hope that new adjustable clasp becomes an option for other models.
    sexy af, but while the bracelet will certainly be sexy new I think after the "patina" sets in it'll be less than desirable.

I have the grey dial bronze, and the bronze casing is almost a grey color now.

Don't stank.

Quote Originally Posted by bklow View Post
    Yeah, I think the shiny ceramic bezel effectively ruined the Rolex Submariner.

On the ceramic bezels...I love the shine and gleam! It's one of the best features IMHO and I'd prefer it on all divers. But, we all have different preferences in watches, just like we do on scents. To each their own!

Wonderful Tudor pics just posted, kudos for these very aesthetically pleasing as much technically/craftily accomplished choices
    Currently wearing: Open by Roger & Gallet

On the ceramic bezels...I love the shine and gleam! It's one of the best features IMHO and I'd prefer it on all divers. But, we all have different preferences in watches, just like we do on scents. To each their own!
    I like it on some watches! But on the Rolex Submariner, which built its reputation as the King of Functional Tool Watches, it just feels a bit too bling-y. For me, the Rolex Submariner looks best when it looks functional and efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    I like it on some watches! But on the Rolex Submariner, which built its reputation as the King of Functional Tool Watches, it just feels a bit too bling-y. For me, the Rolex Submariner looks best when it looks functional and efficient.
    100% agree if one is choosing to pretend Rolex watches are still seen and treated as tool watches.

Unfortunately, rolex gets recognized for all the wrong reasons these days and that is exactly why I purchased the Tudor chronograph. An actual functional and efficient piece which doesn't make me worried about making a financial statement around the wrong company.
    Don't stank.

Quote Originally Posted by wood&leather View Post
    100% agree if one is choosing to pretend Rolex watches are still seen and treated as tool watches.

Unfortunately, rolex gets recognized for all the wrong reasons these days and that is exactly why I purchased the Tudor chronograph. An actual functional and efficient piece which doesn't make me worried about making a financial statement when I don't want to.
    Oh, Rolex is definitely no longer a tool watch brand, but that's what made the Submariner cool was its tool watch heritage. If you wanted a blingy Rolex you could always go with the Day-Date.

Given the choice, I'd opt for the Tudor, too.

Random post. My favorite Patek vs my favorite Grand Seiko...

Grey Market Price: $50,000

Grey Market Price: $4,000

Don't stank.

Basenotes Plus

Random post. My favorite Patek vs my favorite Grand Seiko...

Grey Market Price: $50,000

Grey Market Price: $4,000

I happen to love Dauphine hands as well. These are two very nice pieces. Do you own both?

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRF View Post
    I happen to love Dauphine hands as well. These are two very nice pieces. Do you own both?
    I own neither. I was thinking of getting the Grand Seiko for my brother who lives in japan and is getting married soon. But then after watching some youtube videos on it, i think I want it for my own collection I thought the JLC reverso was going to be my dress piece but think i prefer the GS.

It's more of an appreciation post I guess. I'm just in awe of the dial quality, especially when you consider it's 1/10th the price of the patek that shares the same (poverty) water resistance. Granted the patek's movement is substantially more complex. But if you're looking at dial quality, general wrist presence, and practicality alone... it's not even close in comparison.
    Don't stank.

Basenotes Plus

I own neither. I was thinking of getting the Grand Seiko for my brother who lives in japan and is getting married soon. But then after watching some youtube videos on it, i think I want it for my own collection I thought the JLC reverso was going to be my dress piece but think i prefer the GS.

It's more of an appreciation post I guess. I'm just in awe of the dial quality, especially when you consider it's 1/10th the price of the patek that shares the same (poverty) water resistance. Granted the patek's movement is substantially more complex. But if you're looking at dial quality, general wrist presence, and practicality alone... it's not even close in comparison.
    I prefer the Reverso, but then, I haven't seen either in person.

A flanker arrived today.

Compared to the 2018 OG, this one is brighter, none on the typical blue aquatic signature is present. Longevity is about 55 hours off of two full barrels. Overall still the same but different enough to keep both.

7D6A5A3D-357D-4803-8092-EF858DB1901F.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FCM415; 7th July 2021 at 04:24 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Here is my new Tudor.
    Very nice!

Edit: Didn't realize I was looking at your post one page back and had already commented. In any case, congrats again!
    Last edited by PrinceRF; 7th July 2021 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FCM415 View Post
    A flanker arrived today.

Compared to the 2018 OG, this one is brighter, none on the typical blue aquatic signature is present. Longevity is about 55 hours off of two full barrels. Overall still the same but different enough to keep both.
    H]
    I like the white one more I think, not sure. Congrats on the acquisition though. What other watches are in your collection?
    Don't stank.

Basenotes Plus

I like the white one more I think, not sure. Congrats on the acquisition though. What other watches are in your collection?
    On that particular watch, I much prefer the blue.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51