Code of Conduct
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Default Re: Your latest make-up/cosmetics purchases?

Dior 5 colours eyeshadow in Touch, I have been looking at it for a while and found an offer on it.
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: Messe de Minuit by Etro

Blog Entries

Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Ampoule. I've been using Glossier Hyaluronic Acid + B5 serum at night since January, but they're out of stock, so I'm going to try something new.

missha time revolution.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wood&leather View Post
    Currently using Amore Pacific Cleansing Foam and their Enzyme Peel Cleansing Powder.

I went to gift a female friend a bottle of La Mer, but accidentally ordered two. Instead of returning the other one, I broke down and decided to try it myself to see what the hype was all about. To be quite honest I like it more as a product for men than I do women.

From a moisturizing perspective, there are products that accomplish the same thing for 1/5th the price, literally. The only standout benefit I've noticed about La Mer is that it leaves an all day subtle sheen/glow on the face. So while it moisturizes like hundreds of other products, I think that all day "radiant" look is a strong factor that I have yet to experience in another product.

That said, most women i've dated almost always follow up with some form of makeup. Essentially eliminates the only reason to buy this product. As a guy I've just decided to treat La Mer as my "make up". That is to say, for every normal day, i'll use a normal $30 t0 $60 moisturizer. When I know i'm going "out" to meet people for brunch or any other gathering, i'll use La Mer for that "glow" effect. Stupid to purchase if you're just gonna put makeup over it.
    To each, their own, but I too find it puzzling how one can spend so much time and effort in making the skin look and function as beautifully as possible, only to cover it in makeup. To me, the end game is the elimination of foundations/powders etc. If your tone and texture is beautiful on its own, additional coverage is superfluous.

- - - Updated - - -

...also Peach & Lily Matcha Pudding Antioxidant Cream and a backup of Glass Skin Refining Serum (I hear that stuff sells out, too).

- - - Updated - - -

Besame What a Peach lipstick from their brand new Love Lucy collection.
    "They went to sea in a Sieve, they did, in a Sieve they went to sea." --Edward Lear

Basenotes Plus

De Mamiel summer face oil
    Twelve Clementine cleansing balm
    Twelve The London Mask
    "Be realistic, demand the impossible “...Che Guevara
    Currently wearing: Sel Marin by Heeley

Malin&Goetz Detox Mask I have used this for years and the new one must be my sixth one bought over that time. I ran out and did have another mask I started but had to get my Detox Mask when I spotted SpaceNK open.

The packaging is plain and many ignore it but I adore it. I have sensitive skin and the acids do not work for me but this does. Oh and it smells like almonds.

- - - Updated - - -

Pat McGrath Divine Rose Palette, I have dithered over this one since its release. Then dithered over the Divine Rose II Palette when the Pat McGrath site sale was on. Made a decision and as II was sold out bought the original DR one.
    DONNA

Blog Entries

Peach & Lily Wild Dew Treatment Essence. I really like this brand and I'm currently on an essence kick; I think it's my favorite part of the whole routine, which is funny because I found it superfluous for a long time.
    "They went to sea in a Sieve, they did, in a Sieve they went to sea." --Edward Lear

So I get an email from Dior to tell me they have revamped the Dior 5 colours eyeshadows new colours and textures. As I had bought directly from them before I received the early release email to order.

Bought Mizah which is leopard browns and gold and Rouge Trafalga reds.

- - - Updated - - -

SpaceNK sale is on so

Kiehls Argan Body Lotion
    GoldenFadden MD eye cream
    Mauli bath salts and a candle
    Algenist Facial Wash
    DONNA

Blog Entries

Good Molecules Pineapple Exfoliating Powder (I really like Herbivore's Blue Tansy mask but if I ever get back to work, I know I'll want a quicker 3-4x/week exfoliant, and this is a lather, rinse, and you're done type of thing.)

Glow Recipe Papaya Sorbet Cleansing Balm, Avocado Melt Retinol Sleeping Mask and Eye Sleeping Mask (the latter two are replacing my RoC night cream).

Frank Body Original Coffee Scrub (I've been on and off with full body exfoliation since I was a teen and this stuff is the best I've yet tried. Coffee isn't the harshest of exfoliants and it gets the job done with no irritation, plus it contains oils that do actually soften my skin for longer than just the duration of my shower. However, lol, the marketing is cringey as h***.)
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 24th August 2020 at 08:19 AM.

I haven't bought Chanel in a few years but after the email about their new fall collection based on pink-reds decided yes.

Candour et Seduction eyeshadow quad and yeux stylo in Romance.
    DONNA

Blog Entries

l recently bought the new Too Faced Born This Way Natural Nudes eyeshadow palette. A good mix of matte, shimmer & sparkly shades in browns & rose-golds, l can see myself using most of these on a regular basis. And if l ever go on holiday again, this is definitely coming with me.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Magie Noire by Lancôme

Earlier in the year, Pat McGrath had a sale on her site and I did buy the mini palette but got refunded over the lipstick which was sold out.

Last week I spotted Deep Orchid on eBay starting price cheaper than PMcG sale and won at the starting price. The weird thing it turned out to be the limited edition pink packaging that had been on sale at PMcG site.
    DONNA

Blog Entries

Peach & Lily Glass Skin Veil Mist and a refill of Power Calm cleanser, refill of Bare Minerals Mineral Veil, and MAC Powder Kiss lipstick in Stay Curious. MAC's spring collection disappeared from everywhere before I could get my hands on one of the featured lippies, called Baroque the Internet, and that saddened my lipstick loving hort. I'm sure covid had a little something to do with this. Anyway, in Ulta today, I saw a new display for these Powder Kiss soft focus mattes, and Stay Curious looked like it might be a similar shade (and I think Baroque was the same formula, only in a clear matte finish tube, as opposed to black).

Quote Originally Posted by wood&leather View Post
    To pretend I have loyalty to a brand would be a lie (though I have been liking Amore Pacific products). I usually buy my products based on whatever my AmEx rewards are offering deals/extra-points on.

That said, they were running a deal on Peter Roth products and I remember going down a youtube rabbit hole one night and some reviewers were raving about the cucumber mask product. Said it feels amazing if you store it in the refrigerator then use as a relaxing hydrator so I bought it to counteract days where I have extended exposure to intense sun.

The pumpkin enzyme peel, i bought to have as a once/twice a week exfoliator.

Didn't use the cucumber one that much as i wasn't out in the sun as much as i've wanted so didn't see a need but have been using the heck out of this pumpkin enzyme one. smells great.

Just thought i'd drop back in here and let everyone know i received an email today that said they're doing 30% off site wide with code "SAVE30"
    Don't stank.

SpaceNK were doing their spend £60 and get £15 off the other week and I bought Algenist Collagen Liquid.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    So I get an email from Dior to tell me they have revamped the Dior 5 colours eyeshadows new colours and textures. As I had bought directly from them before I received the early release email to order.

Bought Mizah which is leopard browns and gold and Rouge Trafalga reds.

- - - Updated - - -

SpaceNK sale is on so

Kiehls Argan Body Lotion
    GoldenFadden MD eye cream
    Mauli bath salts and a candle
    Algenist Facial Wash
    I almost pulled the trigger on that Pat Magrath set you mentioned in an earlier post, because hot damn I love her eye palettes. I also saw Mitzah today, which was *very* tempting, and probably will be coming home with me soon.

I did get some Charlotte Tilbury stuff—CT basics, like black eye pencil, Pillow Talk and Pink Venus Lip Cheat, Hollywood Filter, and the Magic Cream, which is awfully good stuff, just the right weight for my taste. It could save me a fortune on La Mer. I also reupped my precious Estée Lauder repair serum, picked up a tube of Chanel Les Noirs mascara (they sent me a sample with my last fragrance purchase, and I loved it). Also filled out my Urban Decay palettes—Naked Ultraviolet, Naked Reloaded, Naked Honey (I really do love these palettes—great payoff for the money), plus a Too Faced Pumpkin Spice palette, and It cosmetics’ BB cream, as my treasured cheapie Maybelline is darn near empty. I’m not nuts about full coverage foundation unless I’m doing really heavy club makeup that has to survive dinner, a work night until at least 4am, whatever after party happens, and only a solid spackle holds together all that sculpting and lighting

Plus a couple of drug store goodies—a Maybelline City Mini eye palette and my favorite St Ives Green Tea scrub. The latter in particular overperforms, and it costs less than 10 bucks for a big tube. It was recommended to me by a number of skin care professionals, and also by a couple of my doctors, one of whom was an Olympic hurdler and still is a gym rat. His skin always looks fantastic, and we both have slightly oily skin despite our being personnes d’un age certaine. I can’t recommend it highly enough, if you have even the slightest tendency to breakout, or just want something that really brightens your skin. It’s much better than their old apricot scrub (they still make that, but it has those weird oversized apricot kernel pieces). The green tea one has a very fine scrub consistency, and it also smells great, not heavily perfumed but with a deliciously fresh scent.
    "Put on some red lipstick, and live a little."--Dita Von Teese
    current avatar: the incomparable Gary Numan ❤️❤️❤️

Bought a replacement pot of Emma Hardie Pink Clay Mask. I really like this brand.
    DONNA