• We're half back! There's a lot missing, but you can find out more here,

You are now able to log into the forums and post

Parfums d'Amour by Jean-Paul Guerlain

Mr. G

Apr 18, 2007
I wonder if this thread will be banned from the fragrance board, since it's about a book. After "Les Routes de mes parfums", 73 yo Jean-Paul Guerlain has written a new book about his perfumes, "Parfums d'Amour". It will be released circa 21st of October, and the 30th of September he will sign it at the Guerlain boutique on Champs-Elysées. Sadly, I'm going there just one week before that... Haven't found any pics of it, but it should be a box set, and can be pre-ordered via FNAC.

http://livre.fnac.com/a3000110/Jean-Paul-Guerlain-Parfums-d-amour

Mr. G

Apr 18, 2007
Update: While in Paris, I saw the press material for Jean-Paul Guerlain's new book. A splendid presentation, as always. It's a box set, and since the book will not least be about Jean-Paul Guerlain's eternal love for vanilla (he was the one who said, "There is seldom a good perfume without vanilla"), the box set will include a 15 ml spray of Spiritueuse Double Vanille. According to The Scented Salamander: "Guerlain aficionados will be delighted to learn that this will be an unique opportunity to uncover 'secrets' behind the creations of Samsara, Spiritueuse Double Vanille, Nuit d'Amour, Cherry Blossom, Habit Rouge, Vetiver and Vetiver pour Elle." Read more here. Price is 58 Euros.

Do I need to say that I already ordered a signed copy?

parfumsdamour_jpg2.jpg

Pour_Monsieur

Sep 22, 2008
That looks lovely and you are right about the presentation too . Sadly mon Francais aint what it should be so probably not a purchase for me .... Enjoy your trip Ulrik and be sure to take lots of sneaky pics when the assistants arent looking ;)

tott

May 12, 2009
Just beautiful, and the SDV certainly is a great little bonus! :smiley:

Ascella

Jan 3, 2007
Bumping up the thread with a photo from today.

Guerlain.jpg

PS, I am not the lady on the photo.

Primrose

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 22, 2009
I am interested in Guerlain, so thank you for the posts and pictures!

CanwllCorfe

Jun 4, 2009
Wow! :eek: Definitely going to look into purchasing this. A book about fragrance WITH a 15ml decant of SDV? I don't think there's any downsides.

Mr. G

Apr 18, 2007
Wow wish I had been able to be there in person! Plus is that I'll get a signed copy after all :)

Bumping up the thread with a photo from today.

Guerlain.jpg

PS, I am not the lady on the photo.

Ascella

Jan 3, 2007
Wow! :eek: Definitely going to look into purchasing this. A book about fragrance WITH a 15ml decant of SDV? I don't think there's any downsides.

I think the version with SDV only exists in 1400 copies (not 100% sure though), so you might want to check with Guerlain to reserve one.

Mr. G

Apr 18, 2007
Got my copy today. And imagine that old J-P Guerlain did make personal dedications inside it :) Lovely little Double Vanille bottle too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DentonHelen