Code of Conduct
Page 213 of 214 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 211 212 213 214 LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,390 of 6402

Default Re: Spotted at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Vol. 3

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    Probably better off, really. Online is still cheaper, generally.
    You're 100% right. These stores are just impulse retail therapy. And I totally cave almost every time.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    My TJMaxx And Ross have nada lately bummer really
    Can't say I'm surprised.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    You're 100% right. These stores are just impulse retail therapy. And I totally cave almost every time.
    Yeah. It's exciting to see something you'd forgotten about or hadn't considered, until you see it sitting there, calling to you.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Yeah. It's exciting to see something you'd forgotten about or hadn't considered, until you see it sitting there, calling to you.
    True. Also...you might find something on clearance that's way below online pricing, like in January when I found JV Artisan Pure 125ml for $22.00!
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Was at TJ Maxx yesterday and didn't see much. JVNJ, several Tommy Bahama and Nautica, and CK fragrances. That's about it.
    I did pop into a CVS yesterday and their fragrance cabinet had an old Fahrenheit box with the blue tinted top on it. I wonder how long it's been in there.

Stopped by Marshalls this morning, still very light on product. Nothing worth mentioning except they did have John Varvatos Artisan Acqua in an odd-sized 40mL bottle. I've never seen that size for a JV fragrance! They were asking $19.99 - never smelled it before, so I passed. I hit the TJ Maxx across the street, they were better stocked - but all the usual stuff. Tons of Nautica, CK, Tommy Bahama, etc. However...they had one bottle of London by English Laundry 100mL EDP (not EDT) Only $12.99, so I went for a blind-buy...and wow! Very good stuff, reminds me a lot of Montblanc Explorer (which I'd been thinking about buying). I sprayed it 5 hours ago, the projection is fading, but still a very strong skin scent with just one spray on chest/neck. I see some reviews that say it disappears quickly, but not the bottle I got. Very pleasantly surprised!
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Blog Entries

I think my TJ Maxx stopped carrying frags all together. I hopped in there this morning for the first time in months, and I couldn't even find a frag section. It used to be in the beauty department, then they moved it to the men's dept. Where I last saw it was in the men's and in its place there were a few bottles of some cheap frag of a brand I didn't even recognize, some Adidias frags, and mostly just deodorants, shower gels and a few other men's toiletries.

Is this the case with anyone else's TJ Maxx? There's also a Ross in this shopping center too, but I didn't go in there, as they usually just have Curve, Grey Flannel, and the usual suspects.
    "I am not trendy" -Thierry Mugler
    Currently wearing: Icon Racing by Dunhill

Yeah but it was a few months back when stores reopened. I went into TJ Maxx when they first opened and couldn't find the fragrances anywhere.
    Nowadays they have about half the selection they use to have.

Basenotes Junkie
    Blog Entries

I'm taking a big break from the usual discounters.

Most Marshalls I've been going to have hardly anything except, if you're lucky, a bunch of Nautica or Claiborne for Men bottles. Most of the shelves are sparse except for bear balm and deodorants. Only one in particular has anything decent and it's just CK1 Shock for Him and Burberry.

Most Ross's are actually getting replenished from time to time but it's always the staple of Mambo for Men/Grey Flannel/Guess Man/Michael Jordan/Iron Man/Spiderman colognes. Maybe a bottle of Eternity for Men or Quorum.

TJ Maxx is decent in comparison from time to time, but it's mostly CK1 Shock for Him and maybe Joop!

DD's Discounts seems to have ditched designer fragrances altogether and are just keeping the offbrand clones on shelves: Shanel No. 4, Polar Green, Dark Knight, etc.

I miss the old staples of Azzaro Pour Homme, Halston bros, Sung Homme, Drakkar Noir, John Varvatos, Missoni, etc.

All about the masculines.

I seen two 2.5oz bottles of Estee Lauder Knowing $40 each at TJMaxx if they get marked down I will grab them.
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    I seen two 2.5oz bottles of Estee Lauder Knowing $40 each at TJMaxx if they get marked down I will grab them.
    An excellent rose chypre. You should.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil
    Currently wearing: Homme de Grès by Grès

At the moment, Burlington is leading this sorry pack.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I think my TJ Maxx stopped carrying frags all together. I hopped in there this morning for the first time in months, and I couldn't even find a frag section. It used to be in the beauty department, then they moved it to the men's dept. Where I last saw it was in the men's and in its place there were a few bottles of some cheap frag of a brand I didn't even recognize, some Adidias frags, and mostly just deodorants, shower gels and a few other men's toiletries.

Is this the case with anyone else's TJ Maxx? There's also a Ross in this shopping center too, but I didn't go in there, as they usually just have Curve, Grey Flannel, and the usual suspects.
    Strangely, the CVS we frequent said they’re going to stop carrying the designer line such as Acqua di Gio and Fahrenheit. They’re only going to carry the cheapest drug store crap from now on. CVS has always had the best price on Fahrenheit, but way too high on most others.

Strangely, the CVS we frequent said they’re going to stop carrying the designer line such as Acqua di Gio and Fahrenheit. They’re only going to carry the cheapest drug store crap from now on. CVS has always had the best price on Fahrenheit, but way too high on most others.
    A really old CVS I recently visited had old bottles of Fahrenheit with the blue tops on the box. They use to have great selections but it dwindling.

A really old CVS I recently visited had old bottles of Fahrenheit with the blue tops on the box. They use to have great selections but it dwindling.
    I went into a different CVS today and they had 1 more Fahrenheit left. I bought it.

I went into a different CVS today and they had 1 more Fahrenheit left. I bought it.
    Hi Chuck. Was it blue top box? Out of curiosity can you share what year it was made?

Quote Originally Posted by nosey74 View Post
    Hi Chuck. Was it blue top box? Out of curiosity can you share what year it was made?
    I'm 99% sure it's a newer 2019 batch, which I prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by nosey74 View Post
    January of 2019.

Nice! Most of the CVS stores near me carry Fahrenheit. When they issue those 40% coupons, it's a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post

Had a similar thing maybe couple months back at Marshalls. First the frag area was empty, then they moved the shelves to a different spot and filled it up with mostly shaving/deodorant/shower gel things and put the frags on the back. Then moved frags another 10 feet a week later. For a while there was nothing and now there is the usual 100 US POLO and Light Blue, so getting back to normal. Another TJ Maxx they moved the frag to a much smaller area but have had some stock and variety. With all the bankruptcies expected they would be getting a lot of stock but it seems to be slow happening..... I have seen a few singles of quality ones that are not common but prices were not good, or I missed the markdown....
    Currently wearing: Vanilla Cake by Montale

January of 2019.
    Thanks.

One of my local Marshalls moved the fragrance section into the checkout line. Like, spread it out on several shelves along the checkout maze or cattle pen, whatever it's called in retail terms. Because a $50 perfume is apparently the little nugget that you spontaneously pick-up on a whim when you are bored and are not checking your phone. Who the eff thought of that?? Firstly, you have to wait in the freakin' line (and have you seen the lines at B&M discounters recently?) to check out fragrances, secondly it doesn't really help that whole social bloody distancing thing.

Spotted a trio of Dunhills at TJ Maxx in SE Wisconsin: Fresh (3.4oz for $25), Edition (3.4oz for $25), and Century (2.5oz for $30).

Quote Originally Posted by maksidrom View Post
    One of my local Marshalls moved the fragrance section into the checkout line......... secondly it doesn't really help that whole social bloody distancing thing.
    I had forgotten till your post, but one of the first post-covid/return trips I made to a TJ Maxx they had added two standalone checkout stations/registers further down from the usual row of them. It had the glass wall and all in the front. Then they put the fragrances against the wall directly behind one of those, so if you went to look at a price you were about 3 feet behind the store worker. It just felt weird in general like you shouldn't be behind the register, not to mention the impossibility of social distancing....

Quote Originally Posted by NettyYeti View Post
    Spotted a trio of Dunhills at TJ Maxx in SE Wisconsin: Fresh (3.4oz for $25), Edition (3.4oz for $25), and Century (2.5oz for $30).
    I'd probably buy Century.

Ross: Mr Burberry Indigo 150 ml for $35 and 100 ml for $30
    Unlike regular Mr Burberry EDT and EDP, I actually very much like Indigo, so given the price I grabbed the 150 ml bottle.

Was passing so tried Marshalls and TJ Maxx both. No finds at either but more stock and variety than last time. CK, little Burberry, Hilfiger, Tommy Bahama. One thing that was interesting at Marshalls they had things more organized than have ever seen, with it lined up where everything back in a row matched the first one. You could actually determine everything they had and decide to leave in about 60 seconds where usually have to rummage through. Probably not the best for this business model but I liked it.....

Freed from BN Institution

Ross: Mr Burberry Indigo 150 ml for $35 and 100 ml for $30
    Unlike regular Mr Burberry EDT and EDP, I actually very much like Indigo, so given the price I grabbed the 150 ml bottle.
    Those are great prices. Enjoy your Indigo bottle.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Ours had a few more items yesterday. Paco Rabanne Invictus, Polo Red Extreme and Tori Burch For Women.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Ross: Mr Burberry Indigo 150 ml for $35
    Good deal!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Page 213 of 214 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 211 212 213 214 LastLast