Code of Conduct

Default Knize Ten Golden Edition.

Just recieved Knize Ten Golden Edition from luckyscents and have to say that if you enjoy leather scents then this is the one.Have to say Everso was so right with this one when he stated that "This is MORE concentrated in leather than the original, with less powder, and overall just seems like a sharper, more down to business version of Knize Ten. Ultra classy."I am glad that I was finely able to purchase this and also glad that luckyscents is carry both right now Knize Ten and Knize Ten Golden Edition.
    Want to run with the big dogs stop pooping like a puppy!

Default Re: Knize Ten Golden Edition.

Im wearing this for the first time today. I like it quite a bit, but don't think i like it quite as much as the original, it's lacking the distinct 'sweetness' that makes K10 for me.
    ---
    -josh

www.imaginaryauthors.com

Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring.
    -Oscar Wilde

Excellent. This is what I needed to know.

Yep, the Golden Edition got even more leather; it´s a pure essential leather without frippery.
    Both are magnificent!
    Last edited by easyfish; 8th February 2011 at 07:15 AM.
    Currently wearing: Versace l'Homme by Versace

Quote Originally Posted by easyfish View Post
    Yep, the Golden Edition got even more leather; it´s a pure essential leather without frippery.
    Both are magnificent!
    Hello,
    I have Gold Edition too but allow me to not completely agree with your opinion.I think that Knize Ten smells just like the
    CIVILIZED SOCIETY expect to smell a cultivated and perfumed leather.
    IMO Oud Cuir d'Arabie by Montale successfully captured the note of ''pure genuine leather" you talking about.
    Have you tried it?

Oh la la, monsieur pirop. I´m talking about leather in the sense of a genre in perfumery not as the smell of dead animal´s skin, treated with various organic chemicals.
    As compared with the regular version, the GE is the more prominent leather representative!
    Apropos, I claim that freshly tanned leather isn´t fragrant (cue: Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier)
    Oh, and yes, I own OCdA; also a nice leather!
    Peace to all animals!
    Last edited by easyfish; 8th February 2011 at 10:27 AM.
    Currently wearing: Versace l'Homme by Versace

Smile Re: Knize Ten Golden Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by easyfish View Post
    Oh la la, monsieur pirop. I´m talking about leather in the sense of a genre in perfumery not as the smell of dead animal´s skin, treated with various organic chemicals.
    As compared with the regular version, the GE is the more prominent leather representative!
    Apropos, I claim that freshly tanned leather isn´t fragrant (cue: Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier)
    Oh, and yes, I own OCdA; also a nice leather!
    Peace to all animals!
    Agreed

How's that with the petroleum note some people seem to dislike in the normal Knize Ten? (Well, my wife does, unfortunately.) Any difference in the Golden Edition?

I have been wearing the Golden Edition for a few days and it is magnificent. It goes on thick and heavy. Longevity lasts all night on me. Even longer on my shirt.

* Yesterday my bottle of Original Knize 10 arrived. It is weaker more powdery and contains less leather that GE.

What is the deal ? Has it always been like this or has Knize 10 been reformulated again ? I am totally unimpressed.

From now on it is Golden Edition or no Knize 10.

Also worth mentioning is the GE has a 88.5 % alcohol content. The original has 90 % alcohol content.

Would this make a difference ?

Night and Day GE is the one.

I like GE a lot.

Power Where You Need It

I personally like (and own) both but, there's nothing like the original....

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

thatmakesscent:

scary. when GE came out, it was smoother and less leathery than the original. So does it mean it was watered down?

The difference in alcohol doesn't matter per se. It's what is in the remaining 10 percent.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    thatmakesscent:

scary. when GE came out, it was smoother and less leathery than the original. So does it mean it was watered down?

The difference in alcohol doesn't matter per se. It's what is in the remaining 10 percent.

cacio

The Golden Edition I have been wearing goes on extremely heavy. The heaviness is so impressive that you could easily identify it with a parfum. It reminds me of the 80's when fragrances actually left an aura around you and you didn't have to smell your wrist to get a whiff. This is GE to me.

Mind you I was turned off to the original Knize 10 due to the petroleum smell. Oddly enough the bottle I received yesterday from luckyscent has almost no petroleum smell to it. I've gotten used to GE so I was looking for it to challenge me once again.The challenge wasn't there.

This morning I sprayed myself rather heavily with the original and when I put my nose to my skin 30 minutes later I smelled....my skin! Also the basenotes come on too early to my nose. I smell a very faint aroma coming off my undershirt but it is not the Knize 10 that I know.

I would like to hear from someone else who has recently purchased a bottle and knows both variations.

* I am going on a trip soon and I will NOT be bringing this bottle of Knize 10 with me. I will put it aside for a few days and come back to it. Right now I feel that I wasted money.

thatmakescent:

this is deeply troublesome. No tar and petroleum? Two things: a dreaded reformulation, or somehow the stuff you got was wrong. did you get it from a reputable source? If so, send it back, so that they know. If it's not what it was, good stores should get it back and refund you.

the only place I've seen with K10 in the US is colonialdrugs in cambridge ma. If happen to be in that town, I'll certainly stop by and smell...

cacio

To me Golden Edition is more immediately likable, but original Knize Ten while it is more abrasive at the outset is more satisfying.

I could see somebody having both of them actually. I would find it hard to wear original K10 regularly.
    SHELTER IN PLACE WARDROBE • mugler kryptomint • rook undergrowth • no. 1 kosmala tonic blanc • bohemian lime • sumo j scent • aventus cologne • nautica voyage • moschino pour homme • sancti liquides imaginaires • smn patchouli • menthe fraiche • under my skin • phuong dang artist • dior homme sport '12

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    did you get it from a reputable source? If so, send it back, so that they know. If it's not what it was, good stores should get it back and refund you.
    cacio
    I got it from LuckyScents. Can't get more reliable than that. The serial number is the same as the serial number from my first bottle which was a turn off because of the petroleum smell.

It just smells weaker to me not wrong. I have smelled wrong before and you could tell something was really stale. This smells like a weakened/cheaper variation of the original.

I'd love to return it but I am leaving Mon morning very early to the airport. I come back in 1 month and don't know if that is acceptable. I doubt it.

Since it is a very serious store, it should still be possible, given also that you have bought other stuff. Send them an email today before leaving, explaining the situation.

Returning stuff is not just for yourself, but it sends a signal to the company and the store.

cacio

Cacio,

You are correct. I just sent them an email. It seems like I have problems with most fragrances I buy. It gets really old. Knize was/is so wonderful. I was really hoping to stick with it for a while.

I noticed the Golden Edition is backordered on LuckyScent. I wonder what the new shipment will smell like.

I just bought some K10 from Luckyscent last month and it lasts and projects all day on me with just 2-3 sprays - and that's in Florida's heat and extreme humidity.
    My Top Ten:

1: Guerlain - Habit Rouge
    2: Guerlain - Jicky
    3: Guerlain - Mouchoir de Monsieur
    4: Guerlain - Shalimar
    5: Knize - Knize Ten
    6: Caron - Yatagan
    7: Caron - Pour Un Homme
    8: Jean Desprez - Bal a Versailles
    9: Yves Saint Laurent - M7
    10: Salvador Dali - Dali Pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by lovingthealien View Post
    I just bought some K10 from Luckyscent last month and it lasts and projects all day on me with just 2-3 sprays - and that's in Florida's heat and extreme humidity.
    That's right you recently purchased a bottle.

I just put it on again this morning and I get the same thing DOA. I can barely smell a thing. The GE edition lasts all day on me.