Code of Conduct
Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 2569

Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

Hi, this is the batch code I have from freshly bought Creed GIT in creed shop in Paris : FP3219Y01N.
    This looks like a 2019 batch.
    Let me know your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by colui View Post
    Hi,
    I just bough a bottle of GIT from a local official distributor here.
    The batch is CM3219Y01N.

I tried yesterday for the first time (after spraying it a couple of time the evening before in order to eliminate the air in the sprayer): put it on at approx. 9 AM in the morning.
    To me, after 2-3 hours became a skin scent, but at 19 PM (so 10 hours later) i asked a couple of person if they could smell my fragrance and they told me "a lot".

So i got at least (i don't know how much it could have lasted since i had a shower a little later) 10 hours of performance at the first application. I also have a bottle of Aventus (batch 18F21) that for the first weeks didn't seem to perform well and became a monster after some months (unsolicited comments after more than 12 hours, more times), so i expected the same for GIT.

I'm very impressed; of course i have to test it further, but it's clear to me that olfactory fatigue is a thing. By my own, i would have said that it was underperforming...

Note: i sprayed 2 times on the neck (one on each side behind the ears) and 1 on the rear of my hand (than tapped the other): 3 sprays in total.

Has anyone else tried this batch? comments on the smell? I am not an expert and have no parameter of comparison.. i only have a couple of samples (one bought approx 18 months ago, the other sent together with the bottle few days ago), and they smell all the same to me. This makes me say that there is no reformulation in the last year or two.. just my two cents.
    I have the same batch as yours except mine begins with FP not CM.
    Perhaps it's the bottle size?

Quote Originally Posted by Munir.lover View Post
    Hi, this is the batch code I have from freshly bought Creed GIT in creed shop in Paris : FP3219Y01N.
    This looks like a 2019 batch.
    Let me know your thoughts
    How about you tell us your thoughts on it? What does it smell like, what is your experience with it. How does your experience differ from another user on this thread etc.

Hi All- I'm new member here and I wanted to check for 17Q01 batch. I was reading all the reviews, is it really that bad? Please advise.

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by singhravneet7 View Post
    Hi All- I'm new member here and I wanted to check for 17Q01 batch. I was reading all the reviews, is it really that bad? Please advise.
    2017 is an okay year for Green Irish Tweed. I would recommend looking for bottles produced earlier than this if possible.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    It's definitely office safe year-round though.
    For sure.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Wearing this today. I like it. But think it steady not spectacular.

Curious though it seems to be popping up in this forum a lot more lately or is it my imagination?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pouring View Post

Curious though it seems to be popping up in this forum a lot more lately or is it my imagination?

This thread never really goes away. And there tends to be a 'GIT smells like....' thread that pops up every few weeks or so.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

All Is Beautiful

My thoughts too. It’s nice. Nothing spectacular.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

Its understated charm is my favorite aspect of GIT. It doesn't shout or demand. All that being relative, of course.
    "No one wants advice - only corroboration." - John Steinbeck
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    Its understated charm is my favorite aspect of GIT. It doesn't shout or demand. All that being relative, of course.
    I suppose for Ä300 for 100ml I would something a little more special.

In fairness I sprayed at 8.15am this morning and could still smell it off my skin when going for a run at 7.30pm.

Quality is unquestionably high.

I just donít feel itís different enough.

I am wearing Baronda by Nasomatto post run.

Iím certain I will not meet anyone wearing anything else like it... not so certain with GIT

Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    Definitely.

Has anyone taken a look at this one? This one has been up for bid a couple of times now.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/CREED-IRISH...cAAOSwfaZe8RWF
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Got my second bottle of 19y01 today and even more impressed than the first time round! more violet leaf again but nonetheless an amazing batch

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Has anyone taken a look at this one? This one has been up for bid a couple of times now.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/CREED-IRISH...cAAOSwfaZe8RWF
    Nearly said it was legit and then noticed the sticker on the bottom and the non description on bottle, unfortunately it's likely a fake i'm afraid

Quote Originally Posted by SSJJ View Post
    Nearly said it was legit and then noticed the sticker on the bottom and the non description on bottle, unfortunately it's likely a fake i'm afraid
    That’s most likely NOT a fake a lot of older creeds came like that.
    Stickers on the bottom. These precede GIT with the felt front label.
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by eriqesque View Post
    That’s most likely NOT a fake a lot of older creeds came like that.
    Stickers on the bottom. These precede GIT with the felt front label.
    Ah, my bad in that case I have only ever seen the green bottles and the older see through bottles with the green irish tweed label

Quote Originally Posted by SSJJ View Post
    Ah, my bad in that case I have only ever seen the green bottles and the older see through bottles with the green irish tweed label
    Those are older styled bottles Pre-dating 2009, stickers may be listed on the bottom or in the front of the bottle.

Another bottle if any are interested:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Creed-Green...QAAOSwsu9fHzRp

Just realised this thread would be a better resource to ask this.

I'm still considering a new 100ml GIT from either Origines or Nose Paris. Both are under £150 delivered to the UK.
    However they show a plain black cap not a cap with the nice silver logo insert in the top.

Can someone please explain to me why some bottles are shown with a silver cap /logo insert, whilst others are shown with an all black cap with the logo embossed into it?
    Was there a bottle change and if so which one is the more recent/current design?
    IMO the silver insert looks way classier than the plain black cap and if the plain black is the current it was a step backwards in image and quality branding.

I'm no expert in GIT variations, but my bottle has an all black cap. I purchased from Saks about 4 or 5 years ago.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Can someone please explain to me why some bottles are shown with a silver cap /logo insert, whilst others are shown with an all black cap with the logo embossed into it?
    Was there a bottle change and if so which one is the more recent/current design?
    IMO the silver insert looks way classier than the plain black cap and if the plain black is the current it was a step backwards in image and quality branding.
    At some point in 2017 the caps changed from all black to the new style with the crest insert. GIT should however have a gold insert in the cap.

At some point in 2017 the caps changed from all black to the new style with the crest insert. GIT should however have a gold insert in the cap.
    So...a bottle made after 2017 should have the gold metal cap insert?
    So...if I receive a bottle with an all black cap without gold insert it's an older bottle 2017 or older?
    So...if I did get a 2017 or older bottle is that a good thing or a bad thing...or neither?

Sorry, deleted due to duplication.

BA7C8EB2-75B8-493E-A0D6-CF2E355CD692.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    So...a bottle made after 2017 should have the gold metal cap insert?
    So...if I receive a bottle with an all black cap without gold insert it's an older bottle 2017 or older?
    So...if I did get a 2017 or older bottle is that a good thing or a bad thing...or neither?
    First 2 yes. Last one not necessarily good or bad. Some prefer older batches some canít tell the difference. So that would be a personal preference.

BA7C8EB2-75B8-493E-A0D6-CF2E355CD692.jpg

First 2 yes. Last one not necessarily good or bad. Some prefer older batches some can’t tell the difference. So that would be a personal preference.
    Thanks, that clears it up.
    So Origines and Nose Paris are using either old -2017 stock or old images?

I wasn't sure if certain fragrances i.e. GIT/Viking/Aventus etc. had different caps or bottle designs or if Creed use the same throughout the mainstream range.

Now I'm really confused!

Here is a translation of the reply from Nose in Paris when I asked about the bottle cap thing as their site shows an all black cap but the bottles are new?
    I even sent the photo of the two different caps to illustrate my query?

Here's the reply form Nose Paris.

With pleasure, Sloth.

For our part, the brand provides us with those with the black cap.

To reassure you, Erwin Creed is a friend of Nicolas Cloutier (founder of Nose) and his partner Romano Ricci. All orders delivered to Nose are shipped directly from the Creed production facility. So there is no middle man between the two.

All of these concerns have already been exchanged with the Creed brand (Erwin Creed) which validates all of the above answers. You can check directly with them if you want a double validation (the head office is located rue Pierre de Serbia in Paris, at 01 47 20 58 02).

Best regards,

Sophie
    The NOSE team

I’m not sure really what’s so confusing or what the issue is. Nose is supposedly a legit dealer.
    They are either selling old bottles, which is a non issue or they are using old pictures again non issue.

I just looked at the site. They’ve got an old pic showing. All of the bottles they show are the old caps except Bois Du Portugal.
    They also have some note breakdown issues.
    https://noseparis.com/en/green-irish-tweed

I’m not sure really what’s so confusing or what the issue is. Nose is supposedly a legit dealer.
    They are either selling old bottles, which is a non issue or they are using old pictures again non issue.

I just looked at the site. They’ve got an old pic showing. All of the bottles they show are the old caps except Bois Du Portugal.
    They also have some note breakdown issues.
    https://noseparis.com/en/green-irish-tweed
    Completely agree with this, I have 19y01 and it has the black cap with gold crest. I buy from parfas.be personally but just for your reassurance Nose also have the new black cap with gold crest( ie using old pics on website ). Your 99.9 percent likely going to get a 19y or 19z onwards batch.

Thanks, I appreciate the reassurance.
    I suspected it was either old stock or old photos, unless for some reason the bottles/packaging is different in France.
    Anyway, I am happy that the old images theory is the most likely.
    In their reply they state that they supply the black cap but, disregarding the gold crest insert they are both black caps!
    I suspect that they did not understand the specific nature of my enquiry (I.e. the metal insert) and thus gave an equally unspecific response.

Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 LastLast