Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Al Rehab Silver vs creed Silver mountain water

Quote Originally Posted by Smellyicious View Post
    Iím not debating or complaining about the price of Silver. Iím trying to determine if I might like SWM (or Sillage) based on contrasting experiences with different SMW clones. Silver provides outstanding value, I just donít care for it. Or at least I donít like the bottle I have.
    I didnt really mention you per se, but just mentioned that its still seems to be a debate around Al Rehab. Its just one of those fragrances, especially the oil roller ball version, that you pick up, if you like it great, if not, find another one..

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Silver is slightly more masculine leaning than SMW.
    Find SMW to be very rich and cloying even in dabs. Rather like Silver a smidgen more, more versatile, more masculine and slightly more woody/dry.
    Cannae go wrong with it for what £/$ 5~
    Oil doesn't seem to have the polish or finesse of an EDT, feels a bit like a rustic thing crafted from a few oils together. Still pretty dope though!

I was never one to embrace "clones" but now retired, my wallet looks for relief.

I just got the ARMAF SILLAGE and I am very impressed. This is very similar to SMW but better longevity and $50/100 ml. It doesn't smell "cheap" at all nor is it as "clumsy" smelling as the DUA clones I have tried.

The purist in me will say it doesn't have as much "edge" to it as SMW but I can live without it. It's going to be my go to summer scent.

SMW/ARMAF SILLAGE/REHAB SILVER/MEFISTO fans should note that CREMO makes a shower gel called SILVER WATER & BIRCH that is very compatible. Love it. It's like $6...
    I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

Basenotes Member

Ultimately this is where my head is at. I want to buy Sillage, but NOT if it smells like Silver!

Quote Originally Posted by Smellyicious View Post
    Ultimately this is where my head is at. I want to buy Sillage, but NOT if it smells like Silver!
    I'm not sure why you want to buy SILLAGE. SILLAGE, SILVER, SILVER MOUNTAIN WATER and MEFISTO all smell quite similar.
    They vary slightly, but if you really dislike SILVER, not sure why you would like any of these listed.
    I don't get out much. But when I do, I smell real good.

Basenotes Member

As I explained earlier in the thread, I’ve now smelled two clones of SWM. One was heavenly, one sucked. They had some commonalities but were vastly different fragrance experiences. Having never actually tried SWM, I don’t know which clone came closest. The one I liked or the one I didn’t? Ive described what I didn’t like about Silver. If you have any helpful feedback on that please weigh in.

Just get Sillage.

Have liked Al Rehab Silver very much- though still having to focus more on Creed SMV to detect more perceptible similarities

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2