Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Default Floralozone / Florazon

    Florazon - this is another one I use regularly, though I know it as Floralozone which is more descriptive. I keep it at 10% and use in moderation in many florals and marine accords. It is beneficial in tiny amounts in almost anything as a brightener but it's easy to overdo it: one more drop and suddenly your perfume smells like varnish. Neat it smells dreadful.

    Florazon: I made mine 5% for fear of overdosing. I find it very fresh and ozonic. Not much floral comes through for me. It lasts for days though, continuing a nice freshness.

    Just to add to this that I think the floral aspect really only comes out when you combine it with something else floral and then it has an enhancing effect.
    Battle cries and champagne just in time for sunrise..”
    ― David Bowie
    Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

    Fine fragrances hand made in The Shire
    Quality perfume making ingredients
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume
    If you are looking for a perfumery consultation I’m happy to quote: if you want free advice, that’s what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog for more info about perfumes and perfumery.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Floralozone / Florazon

    I strangely sort of like this material, well diluted of course. To my nose it has an anise/ licorice hint to it. I agree that it is a good "brightener" to almost anything. Excellent with florals and if I had to describe it in one word......airy. Hence floralozone is a very good description indeed.
    Zanshin

  3. #3
    Super Member Faceless void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Vietnam
    Posts
    159

    Default Re: Floralozone / Florazon

    thegoodscentscompany said that Floralozone's substantivity is 80 Hour(s), and perfumer's apprentice said that this is a basenote, is this truly a basenote ?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Floralozone / Florazon

    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless void View Post
    thegoodscentscompany said that Floralozone's substantivity is 80 Hour(s), and perfumer's apprentice said that this is a basenote, is this truly a basenote ?
    I'm a little surprised at this. I always thought of Floralozone as a Top/Middle note.

  5. #5
    Basenotes Member Topic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Udine
    Posts
    41

    Default Re: Floralozone / Florazon

    These days I was experimenting with this material. I let the paper in the air for 6 hours and when I came back he smelled of ammonia. Any thought on this??
    As a chemist I don't know what that could be.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Floralozone / Florazon

    Quote Originally Posted by Topic View Post
    These days I was experimenting with this material. I let the paper in the air for 6 hours and when I came back he smelled of ammonia. Any thought on this??
    As a chemist I don't know what that could be.
    Hi-I believe what you are describing is callled the “trigrminal” scent. Very powerful aroma chemicals - typically ones which add “lift” in heavy dilution cause the sensation of smelling something like ammonia, but oddly you can detect the more pleasant aspects from across the room - precisely what lends “lift” or extends the “silage” of a fragrance. Examples of other aroma chemicals with this “trigeminal” scent are ambrocenide, which smells like amber/wood from across a room, but poisonous like ammonia up close and allyl amyl glycolate and dynascone which smell like galbanum with a pineapple facet from afar, but again, ammonia up close. Materials such as these can be diluted to 10% or even 1% and added in traces to a fragrance concentrate.
    Trigeminal refers to the trigeminal nerve which is responsible not for taste and smell, but contributes nerves which detect the coldness you get from mint or eucalyptus as well as that choking sensation from poisons to protect us as humans from noxious poisons. It took a brave soul to first use a chemical with this quality in a fragrance-now so common.

  7. #7
    Basenotes Plus
    Dallas.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: Floralozone / Florazon

    Quote Originally Posted by REB80 View Post
    Hi-I believe what you are describing is callled the “trigrminal” scent. Very powerful aroma chemicals - typically ones which add “lift” in heavy dilution cause the sensation of smelling something like ammonia, but oddly you can detect the more pleasant aspects from across the room - precisely what lends “lift” or extends the “silage” of a fragrance. Examples of other aroma chemicals with this “trigeminal” scent are ambrocenide, which smells like amber/wood from across a room, but poisonous like ammonia up close and allyl amyl glycolate and dynascone which smell like galbanum with a pineapple facet from afar, but again, ammonia up close. Materials such as these can be diluted to 10% or even 1% and added in traces to a fragrance concentrate.
    Trigeminal refers to the trigeminal nerve which is responsible not for taste and smell, but contributes nerves which detect the coldness you get from mint or eucalyptus as well as that choking sensation from poisons to protect us as humans from noxious poisons. It took a brave soul to first use a chemical with this quality in a fragrance-now so common.
    Thank you for the explanation, never thought about it this way but now that you mentioned it I recall several instances of this, one in particular is with Amber extreme, thought there was something wrong with it.




Similar Threads

  1. Ozone / Floralozone
    By Asha in forum Note Pad: Single Note Exploration
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31st December 2020, 04:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000