Code of Conduct

Default Floralozone / Florazon

Florazon - this is another one I use regularly, though I know it as Floralozone which is more descriptive. I keep it at 10% and use in moderation in many florals and marine accords. It is beneficial in tiny amounts in almost anything as a brightener but it's easy to overdo it: one more drop and suddenly your perfume smells like varnish. Neat it smells dreadful.

Florazon: I made mine 5% for fear of overdosing. I find it very fresh and ozonic. Not much floral comes through for me. It lasts for days though, continuing a nice freshness.

Just to add to this that I think the floral aspect really only comes out when you combine it with something else floral and then it has an enhancing effect.
    Battle cries and champagne just in time for sunrise..”
    ― David Bowie
    Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

Fine fragrances hand made in The Shire
    Quality perfume making ingredients
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume
    If you are looking for a perfumery consultation I’m happy to quote: if you want free advice, that’s what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog for more info about perfumes and perfumery.

Default Re: Floralozone / Florazon

I strangely sort of like this material, well diluted of course. To my nose it has an anise/ licorice hint to it. I agree that it is a good "brightener" to almost anything. Excellent with florals and if I had to describe it in one word......airy. Hence floralozone is a very good description indeed.
    Zanshin

thegoodscentscompany said that Floralozone's substantivity is 80 Hour(s), and perfumer's apprentice said that this is a basenote, is this truly a basenote ?

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless void View Post
    thegoodscentscompany said that Floralozone's substantivity is 80 Hour(s), and perfumer's apprentice said that this is a basenote, is this truly a basenote ?
    I'm a little surprised at this. I always thought of Floralozone as a Top/Middle note.

These days I was experimenting with this material. I let the paper in the air for 6 hours and when I came back he smelled of ammonia. Any thought on this??
    As a chemist I don't know what that could be.