Code of Conduct

Question Please, what is the best "xerjoff" ; and " amouage library collection "

I will be traveling and want to buy some fragances from Xerjoff and The Library Collection.
    What are the best in your opinion ???
    tks
    al

Default Re: Please, what is the best "xerjoff" ; and " amouage library collection "

This is very relative, depending on your taste. My favourite Opus are II, IV (especially), V and VI.
    I'm not an expert in Jerkoff, uh, Xerjoff, so maybe someone else may want to chime in?
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Default Re: Please, what is the best "xerjoff" ; and " amouage library collection "

Aldo--

I wouldn't call myself a big Xerjoff fan but all of the Oud Stars are super well made and definately worth smelling. Some

are more interesting than others, Zafar stands out as a must smell, Gao may be the one that would be the one I'd actually

wear. You should definately try Homme too for big super masculine leather. Just my 2 cents.

My favorite Xerjoff's are Nio, Kobe, Iriss and Homme. But, many of the Shooting Stars series are very wearable and i would not hesitate to recommend them. But, test them.

I was pretty disappointed in the Opus Library collection compared to the regular collection. None compare to Jubilation XXV, Jubilation 25, Epic Man, Tribute, Homage and Memoir Man. My favorites of the regular line are Memoir Man, Jubilation 25 and Jubilation XXV. The Opus collection seem like experiments that didn't quite hit the mark for some reason. My favorite was VI and I sort of liked I, II, and IV also. I would not recommend any Opus for purchase without thorough tests. I bought a couple only to be disappointed after multiple wearings.
    june 2021: • orchid man • heretic dirty grass • yuzu soda • bigarade concentree • azemour les orangers • l'eau bleue d'Issey • atelier materi bois d'ambrette • aesop hywyl • heretic dirty lavender • anat fritz tzora 2020 • vilhelm morning chess • iridescent sky • byredo la botte • fougere platine tom ford • dirty grass • l. vuitton orage • molecule 01+patchouli • memo moroccan leather • parfums d'marly galloway

Power Where You Need It

I'm not amongst the bissgest fans of Xerjoff. That being said they still have a bunch of outstanding fragrances (expecially the ones centered around citruses IMO.) I'd go for Fiero, Nio and 1861. If you like leather compositions in the Knize Ten mould, Xerjof Homme is surely well worth checking out. Among their ouds I particularly appreciated Zafar and Al Khat with Gao coming just right next.

Re the Library series II and IV are my winners (so far).
    Last edited by alfarom; 5th July 2012 at 09:54 AM.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Banned

I'll mirror Alfaroms suggestions. I own and enjoy Homme, Fiero and 1861 and from the Oud stars Gao and Al-Khat were my favorites.

I really liked Kobe. A very very high quality orange blossom.

From the library I sorta liked VI because it was complex or more complex than the other Opus series.
    for swap/sale:

Homme, Richwood, Kobe, Al Khatt and Gao are my favorites.

VII is soon to be the best Opus.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    VII is soon to be the best Opus.
    Why? Have you tried it?

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    I'm not an expert in Jerkoff, uh, Xerjoff, so maybe someone else may want to chime in?
    I'm relieved to see I'm not the only one that has a bit of dyslexia with this one.

Kobe no doubt--a traditional neroli for men with an oriental twist.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bϊzios Brasil

Tried Kobe and agree with comments made above regarding this one.

Quote Originally Posted by bokaba View Post
    Kobe no doubt--a traditional neroli for men with an oriental twist.
    I agree. The neroli really makes this one special.
    Please visit my SALES thread! HERE
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Why? Have you tried it?
    No, I'm psychic, I know what I'm thinking. I was testing to see if anyone was really reading what I said - and you did.

My favourite Xerjoff is Al Khatt by far..

Ps :My latest Haul of Xerjoffs

Red Hoba
    Blue Hope
    Lira
    Mefisto
    Fiero

Almost completely unfamiliar with Amouage, however preferring (from the ones tested so far by this house) the Shooting Stars and the XJ 1861 lines from Xerjoff-likely to consider these to be the personal favorites from this house