Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Nettie Rosenstein Tianne

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this fragrance. I bought it off Ebay, still in a sealed package, and the description claims it is a vintage the picture does seem to be in accord with that. I was planning to sell it but I am wondering what the notes are, and what kind of genre it is classified as.

I might want to keep it myself if i like the sound of the notes, or have an idea of whether its a floral or a gourmand. I don't have any idea about it, or even if it is still in production because i check these things here at Basenotes, and can't find much info.

Obviously, if i sell it, i would prefer to leave the package unopened, as it still has cellophane on.

Looking forward to hearing what you knowledgeable people might know of this stuff.

Thanks

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Nettie Rosenstein Tianne

I almost bid against you on this! We must be using the same radar. It was on my "watch list" but I couldn't find out much about it either. It is currently for sale at http://www.beautyencounter.com. (1oz @ $145) Maybe you could inquire about it there? Good luck & let me know what you find out.

If it was me I'd be ripping that package open!

Blog Entries

Thanks for your reply, i'd love to say sorry i won the auction, but i'd be lying lol. Yeah you are right, i am really keen to rip it open but i am nervous it's not gonna be my thing. In which case it's going back up for sale. Minus the cellophane, and a couple of sprays

Thanks very much for that link, i'll check that out right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, i have opened it, and am somewhat disappointed. Major, major evaporation has occurred, despite 2 seals on the actual bottle, and the cellophane. Looks like i will just use it up myself. It still smells pretty darn good, just not much of it. Thats a chance i took, buying off Ebay, and not really the sellers fault. I will enjoy Tianne all to myself, and revel in my vintage old lady smells

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Scent-imental View Post
    Well, i have opened it, and am somewhat disappointed. Major, major evaporation has occurred, despite 2 seals on the actual bottle, and the cellophane. Looks like i will just use it up myself. It still smells pretty darn good, just not much of it. Thats a chance i took, buying off Ebay, and not really the sellers fault. I will enjoy Tianne all to myself, and revel in my vintage old lady smells
    Oh nooo! Best you didn't try to pass it on. But just know that you have something unique & yummy all for you!

Blog Entries

I could pass it on, but not for the scent, the bottle is lovely, the label has gold embossing. It could only be sold to bottle collectors. The fragrance, well lets say, stick your head in a teapot of black tea leaves, that are just about to grow mould, thats the scent i get, and to be honest, it's not entirely unpleasant, but I doubt thats what they wanted when they created it. It looks pretty on my vanity.
    Can't wait for Monday, and my box of goodies to arrive

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Scent-imental View Post
    Can't wait for Monday, and my box of goodies to arrive
    I know what you're talking about. Keep me posted, ok?

Banned

Enjoy your new fragrance and/or bottle.

Blog Entries

Further to finding out about the notes in Nettie Rosenstein's Tianne, i emailed the BeautyEncounter website you provided Jeanie, and whilst they had no information, they did get back to me very quickly. So thats a thumbs up for that site, for customer service anyway.