Code of Conduct
Page 185 of 188 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,550 of 5623

Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JoniBorn View Post
    I think this is the most refined Slumberhouse to date. The blending is incredibly smooth, yet still maintains the recognizable Norne Accord. This is a leap forward for Slumberhouse because of its extreme wearability. I feel like I could put this on anywhere, in any temperature, which was not the case for the original Norne, at least for me. I’ll have more thoughts with more wearings; but my overall impressions are a solid A! I’m digging the smooth creamy sandalwood balancing out Norne’ pine-forward top notes.
    +1
    Great words of wisdom here, my friend.
    YT: Jess AndWesH

2nd wearing of the norne oil today...
    This is a good version of norne but not my favorite. I know I will probably be alone in this but I prefer norne without the sandalwood. It seems like the sandalwood tones down or maybe balances out the incense/spices notes. I always like the huge wall of fir and clovey-incense norne was known for. Sillage is low for me. Maybe this is to be expected because it is a oil and wears closer to the skin. Some attars I've worn perform exactly like this Norne, though some create a cloud that surrounds me for hours (ALD, Sultan pasha..) this one is much fainter. Maybe I was hopeful there would be a larger sillage, but the current performance is more likely to be expected.
    Norne marble bottle is still the best version I have ever smelled. And I think I even prefer 2019 norne to this.
    Currently wearing: Kyara by Di Ser

Basenotes Junkie

Luckyscent says "Remaining batch release coming early July." for the Norne oil. Does anyone know exactly what day and time? Seems like people will have a 7-minute window to order.
    Last edited by mustardsalad; 15th June 2021 at 09:11 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Sampling Sova today and I didn't like it at first. Found it kinda funky. It's getting better now and I quite like it. Mostly get sweet hay from it. Not as good as others that I've tried.

Quote Originally Posted by strifeknot View Post
    How many mils is that SK?

Who knows...I didn't see any announcement via email or Instagram this past go around. I expected to see LuckyScent push some sort of notification first but guess you just keep having to refresh their site.

Quote Originally Posted by mustardsalad View Post
    Luckyscent says "Remaining batch release coming early July." for the Norne oil. Does anyone know exactly what day and time? Seems like people will have a 7-minute window to order.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRF View Post
    Sampling Sova today and I didn't like it at first. Found it kinda funky. It's getting better now and I quite like it. Mostly get sweet hay from it. Not as good as others that I've tried.
    Love SOVA. The most unique from the house for me. When I think of Slumberhouse, I think of SOVA. Just a weird perfume that smells like a raisin gingerbread that was kept too long in the oven and got burnt a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Who knows...I didn't see any announcement via email or Instagram this past go around. I expected to see LuckyScent push some sort of notification first but guess you just keep having to refresh their site.
    It seems like there was an announcement for people who directly expressed their interest in this release beforehand, via email, etc. as I and at least one other member in this thread got an email-notification. Got mine at around 10.23 L.A. time. Don't know if that still matters with the 'notify me' - option now at hand though.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRF View Post
    Sova was an acquired taste for me, took maybe 3-4 tries with time passing between to get there. But now... MMMMMMM! One of the most comforting fragrances in my collection.
    Currently wearing: Jeke by Slumberhouse

Quote Originally Posted by avrora View Post
    Sova was an acquired taste for me, took maybe 3-4 tries with time passing between to get there. But now... MMMMMMM! One of the most comforting fragrances in my collection.
    My experience exactly.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by PanAroma0815 View Post
    Don't know if that still matters with the 'notify me' - option now at hand though.
    If you're referring to Luckyscent's "notify me" option, it's terribly unreliable. I've been emailing them about that for a few years now, and they say they know there's a problem with it.

HOW Sova is weird? I loved it right away. Nothing weird, just nice dark stewed fruits.
    When taha and others explain "berries and stewed fruits" thats what i hope for but never get in oud.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Mak-7 View Post
    HOW Sova is weird? I loved it right away. Nothing weird, just nice dark stewed fruits.
    When taha and others explain "berries and stewed fruits" thats what i hope for but never get in oud.
    Not sure why, but I just found it strange in the early stages. I'll need to give it another wear.

I actually loved Sova in the opening, but heart and dry down contained too much of a fenugreek accord to my nose and just made me feel like I was standing in front of a stove cooking. Probably not an issue for most people who don’t cook a lot of desi food….

Sova also took me a few wearings to really get the composition, but now i love it. The only thing that still bothers me is that sour-y feel to it.

I was able to wear the Norne oil earlier this week, and it is excellent. As others have mentioned, it has more of a fougere feel with the regular Norne core and is arguably more wearable (although I have never had any problems wearing regular Norne, even to work). The biggest difference between the two on my skin is the dusty cinnamon/clove note that boldly takes the lead in the oil. The first comment I received after applying it was “wow, you smell like cinnamon cider!”. The sandalwood also smooths out the scent. Much of the smoke in Norne translates to cinnamon/clove in the oil. Please note that I am comparing it to an old flask version of Norne, and some people have commented that newer batches of Norne have a more dominant clove note than my flask. In any event, the oil was definitely worth the purchase, as it put a great spin on one of my favorite fragrances.

Conifer Connoisseur

Wearing a dab of 2021 Norne oil on one wrist, and on the other a spray of 2019 Norne with a small spray of vintage Cosmair Polo layered over top of it. The two arms smell very similar (which I mean as a compliment), and I think anyone who missed the oil release could get a close idea of how it smells by doing this.
    My perfume project: http://pinewardperfume.com/

Basenotes Plus

I'm giving Sova another try and my impressions haven't really changed. It's a nice sweet scent particularly as it dries down, but it smells too much like pancakes to me. I still mostly get honey and hay. Great scent to wear to a pumpkin patch in the fall, I suppose. I definitely prefer most of the other Slumberhouses I've tried. Sova just doesn't have the same.. impact.

With Josh's comments on IG about the upcoming summer line up, I'm fascinated by Grev. What is it like? Some things I've read say metallic, minty, and not great longevity, would it work as a fresh, summer scent? Interested to hear thoughts from those who've tried it as I love Josh's work. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenzo View Post
    With Josh's comments on IG about the upcoming summer line up, I'm fascinated by Grev. What is it like? Some things I've read say metallic, minty, and not great longevity, would it work as a fresh, summer scent? Interested to hear thoughts from those who've tried it as I love Josh's work. Cheers.
    It's pine-y and has a minty/cooling vibe to it. Not bad, but honestly just bought it to complete my collection, i barely reach for it. If you don't have a lot of Slumberhouses, almost everything is a better choice for your money.

Quote Originally Posted by mszigetihu View Post
    It's pine-y and has a minty/cooling vibe to it. Not bad, but honestly just bought it to complete my collection, i barely reach for it. If you don't have a lot of Slumberhouses, almost everything is a better choice for your money.
    FWIW, I had the opposite experience. I first tried it with no Slumberhouses in my collection and only liked parts of it. Then I tried it a few more times over the course of a year and a half, and finally realized I really enjoy it. It’s definitely not the one that’s easiest to like, but if you like cool, spicy, and unique-woody, you’ll probably want to try it at least.

I think Grev is a misunderstood and underappreciated fragrance. Conceptually, I feel Grev to be the diamtreic opposite of Norne. Norne is all dark forest on a winter evening, whereas Grev is the same forest but on a sunny morning in the deep of Spring. Interestingly enough, I find that the recent Norne Oil seems to embrace certain elements of Grev, perhaps it's the sandalwood. In any case, I would love to see Grev get a special oil treatment like Norne did, I think it would add another wonderful dimension to it.
    Last edited by Fragrant Vagrant; 22nd June 2021 at 04:00 PM. Reason: me forgot how to write
    If you can smell me you're too close.
    Scent is an exercise in patience and imagination.

I, as a lifetime fisherman, would be curious if any fellow fisherman/slumberhouse fans find any similarities between a certain aspect of the fishing experience with Grev.

It was unmistakable to me. Perhaps a defect in my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Bis100 View Post
    I, as a lifetime fisherman, would be curious if any fellow fisherman/slumberhouse fans find any similarities between a certain aspect of the fishing experience with Grev.

It was unmistakable to me. Perhaps a defect in my nose.
    It didnt remind me of fishing really at all. I just got cold, minty clove from it for the most part.
    Currently wearing: Diaghilev by Roja Dove

I love grev. Reminds me of a frozen lake surrounded by trees

Lasts all day and dont get any weird pickle note as some described
    Selling decants in US, Tom Ford, Creed, Bortnikoff, MFK, and more!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/478...-Lush-and-more

Basenotes Plus

So i finally tried Norne Extrait, and the first thing I noticed was how thick the juice is! This stuff leaves a thick, oily sticky texture on skin. Does anyone else have that experience? I can't imagine what the oil version must be like. It's also very dark; literally black when it is first applied, although it quickly dries down and the color fades. As far as the scent, it was on par with what I was expecting and had read, for the most part. It smells very natural, like I'm standing in the woods on a cold, black night. Norne was darker than I was expecting; it has this sort of evil quality to it. I read that Josh got some inspiration for this scent from black metal, and I can really see that. Not something I could get on board with wearing more than a few times a year, but it's an artistic masterpiece. I never thought I'd say this about a fragrance but... I think this could be diluted a bit to improve wearability.

Quote Originally Posted by SubUmbra View Post
    FWIW, I had the opposite experience. I first tried it with no Slumberhouses in my collection and only liked parts of it. Then I tried it a few more times over the course of a year and a half, and finally realized I really enjoy it. It’s definitely not the one that’s easiest to like, but if you like cool, spicy, and unique-woody, you’ll probably want to try it at least.
    Like i said, it's not a bad scent on its own, but if i wouldn't own any other Slumberhouses, i wouldn't even think about buying it. For me, it's nowhere in comparison to the beautiful and complex composition of Norne, Ore, Sova, or almost any Slumberhouse, really. At the end of the day, you're paying the same price for it and it just not nearly as good as the others. But just my 2 cents.

Holy molly how much I love KISTE.
    This one I kinda always avoided, this and SADANNE, thinking that it might be too sweet and feminine. Then I got the chance to buy a 5ml decant at a very good price and decided to give it a try. I ADORE it. It's so good and addictive. Hell, I'm wearing it now in the high heat and it works so well. Not cloying as I had expected. It's the most beautiful, syrupy, ripe peach ever. It has a beautiful herbaceous, almost tea like green quality to it that prevents it from becoming too sweet and nauseating. It's heavy and light at the same time. I can't pick up much tobacco here. Wow. I need couple bottles of this one that's for sure. I have a handful of Slumberhouse perfumes, tried some more, but never really found one that I consider back-up worthy or secondary market price worthy. This changed with Kiste. I can see myself wearing it often. I think I also avoided Kiste thinking that it might be redundant, having Baque. No way. To me, they are entirely different. Gorgeous perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr B1414 View Post
    Holy molly how much I love KISTE.
    This one I kinda always avoided, this and SADANNE, thinking that it might be too sweet and feminine. Then I got the chance to buy a 5ml decant at a very good price and decided to give it a try. I ADORE it. It's so good and addictive. Hell, I'm wearing it now in the high heat and it works so well. Not cloying as I had expected. It's the most beautiful, syrupy, ripe peach ever. It has a beautiful herbaceous, almost tea like green quality to it that prevents it from becoming too sweet and nauseating. It's heavy and light at the same time. I can't pick up much tobacco here. Wow. I need couple bottles of this one that's for sure. I have a handful of Slumberhouse perfumes, tried some more, but never really found one that I consider back-up worthy or secondary market price worthy. This changed with Kiste. I can see myself wearing it often. I think I also avoided Kiste thinking that it might be redundant, having Baque. No way. To me, they are entirely different. Gorgeous perfume.
    Hell yeah. Kiste is one of the few perfumes that blew me away from the instant I got a whiff of it, and my opinion has not changed.

Kiste is great in the summer! Apparently it was inspired by summers in Georgia, so no surprise it can hold its own in the heat. Mind you, more than one spray of it in the heat is a bit much for me :X

Page 185 of 188 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 ... LastLast