Code of Conduct
Page 192 of 194 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 190 191 192 193 194 LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,760 of 5813
  1. #5731

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by brothernature View Post
    Fjerne back in stock at Fumerie in case anyone wanted some...
    Got one based on everyone's feedback. I'm a sucker for these type of milky / bready/ wheat / pastry type of compositions. We'll see. Anyway, still haven't smelled anything from Josh that I didn't like.

  2. #5732

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr B1414 View Post
    Got one based on everyone's feedback. I'm a sucker for these type of milky / bready/ wheat / pastry type of compositions. We'll see. Anyway, still haven't smelled anything from Josh that I didn't like.
    Glad you were able to get one before they were sold out...they sure didn't last long, did they?
    Currently wearing: Musk Khabib by Bortnikoff

  3. #5733

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    So, i've been wearing Fjerne since yesterday and it's still going strong on my shirt. Smells amazing! One thing I wanted to mention is that I definitely get a nice conifer/pine note when I first spray it on. It's a ghost pine note but I do pick it up briefly and then Fjerne moves into it's baking sweet bread/dough phase with woody notes and white chocolate notes as well. One of my favorites from Josh if I'm being honest. My wife on the other hand has a melt down when I wear Fjerne. She says it makes her feel like she can't breath, so I've taken to spraying it on my chest, under my shirt, which allows me to enjoy it and cuts back on her complaints about it. I definitely don't understand what she doesn't like about it, because it is absolutely marvelous in my opinion.
    Currently wearing: Musk Khabib by Bortnikoff

  4. #5734

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Scent Detective View Post
    Fjerne moves into it's baking sweet bread/dough phase with woody notes and white chocolate notes as well.
    Oh man, sounds amazing.

  5. #5735

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Scent Detective View Post
    So, i've been wearing Fjerne since yesterday and it's still going strong on my shirt. Smells amazing! One thing I wanted to mention is that I definitely get a nice conifer/pine note when I first spray it on. It's a ghost pine note but I do pick it up briefly and then Fjerne moves into it's baking sweet bread/dough phase with woody notes and white chocolate notes as well. One of my favorites from Josh if I'm being honest. My wife on the other hand has a melt down when I wear Fjerne. She says it makes her feel like she can't breath, so I've taken to spraying it on my chest, under my shirt, which allows me to enjoy it and cuts back on her complaints about it. I definitely don't understand what she doesn't like about it, because it is absolutely marvelous in my opinion.
    Dude, I could’ve written this post. I loved Fjerne but had to let it go for the missus. She would shout, “no more pancakes” when I put it on at night.

  6. #5736

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    I had Fjerne in my cart while Fumerie still had it in stock, but removed it and ordered the Jeke instead. Hope this Jeke isn't so bad either.

  7. #5737

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    My GF likes fjerne, says it reminds her of sweet filipino bread

  8. #5738

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Proust_Madeleine View Post
    Dude, I could’ve written this post. I loved Fjerne but had to let it go for the missus. She would shout, “no more pancakes” when I put it on at night.
    It's so fascinating how polarizing scents can be, isn't it?
    Currently wearing: Musk Khabib by Bortnikoff

  9. #5739

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Scent Detective View Post
    It's so fascinating how polarizing scents can be, isn't it?
    It's weird because if i had to choose a Slumberhouse that's a compliment getter and/or easy to wear, i would choose Fjerne. Most people like these sweet/gourmand type of scents.

  10. #5740

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber6685 View Post
    I had Fjerne in my cart while Fumerie still had it in stock, but removed it and ordered the Jeke instead. Hope this Jeke isn't so bad either.
    Imho Jeke is a better choice, you'll get a better understanding of Slumberhouse.

  11. #5741
    Basenotes Plus
    PrinceRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    10,739

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by mszigetihu View Post
    It's weird because if i had to choose a Slumberhouse that's a compliment getter and/or easy to wear, i would choose Fjerne. Most people like these sweet/gourmand type of scents.
    Yeah I think Fjerne is phenomenal, and not particularly challenging.

  12. #5742

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Josh posted some of the fragrances he wears, it's weird to see that he uses "regular" stuff (don't know what i was thinking, lol).

    Le Lion de Chanel
    Musc Ravageur
    Tauer Le Maroc Pour Elle
    Tom Ford Santal Blush
    Serge Santal de Mysore, Un Bois Sepia
    Guerlain Cuir Beluga, Tonka Imperiale, Spiritueuse Double Vanille
    And a lot of Parfumerie Generale

  13. #5743

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    The perfume recs are on his stories. Really illuminating.

  14. #5744

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by mszigetihu View Post
    Josh posted some of the fragrances he wears, it's weird to see that he uses "regular" stuff (don't know what i was thinking, lol).

    Le Lion de Chanel
    Musc Ravageur
    Tauer Le Maroc Pour Elle
    Tom Ford Santal Blush
    Serge Santal de Mysore, Un Bois Sepia
    Guerlain Cuir Beluga, Tonka Imperiale, Spiritueuse Double Vanille
    And a lot of Parfumerie Generale
    Don't know if I could classify old-school Serge L bell jars as "regular stuff" though. Tubereuse Criminelle, Iris Silver Mist, Santal de Mysore, and many others. Actually, to me, Serge Lutens was always an outsider, never really seen the house as niche. More like experimental niche. I think people only get to smell the regular ones from the export line and think that's about it. But the real gems are found in those hard to sample bell jars and the old pre-reform stuff. I can definitely see a lot of Josh's work being inspired by Serge Lutens. A lot. I think I've read somewhere that Sheldrake was his greatest inspiration as a parfumeur. So many outstanding perfumes in their line. Now I need to check out Parfumerie Generale.

  15. #5745
    Basenotes Junkie SubUmbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    784

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Heads up Dr. B in case you don’t know: Parfumerie Generale now just goes by the perfumer’s name, Pierre Guillaume. I’ve written a lot about PG lately so it was really fantastic to see him name dropped by Josh. It makes sense to me.

  16. #5746

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by SubUmbra View Post
    Heads up Dr. B in case you don’t know: Parfumerie Generale now just goes by the perfumer’s name, Pierre Guillaume. I’ve written a lot about PG lately so it was really fantastic to see him name dropped by Josh. It makes sense to me.
    Thanks. I've noticed they changed the name. I really like Josh's aesthetics regarding his own creations as well as his evident appreciation for Serge Lutens perfumes. That's why I'm now curious about exploring the house. If he likes it that much, it might be something there to look for.

  17. #5747
    Basenotes Junkie SubUmbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    784

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Curious about exploring Serge or PG? Either way, I'm sure you'll find something for you. Both houses have quite a few entries.

  18. #5748
    Basenotes Plus
    PrinceRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    10,739

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by mszigetihu View Post
    Josh posted some of the fragrances he wears, it's weird to see that he uses "regular" stuff (don't know what i was thinking, lol).

    Le Lion de Chanel
    Musc Ravageur
    Tauer Le Maroc Pour Elle
    Tom Ford Santal Blush
    Serge Santal de Mysore, Un Bois Sepia
    Guerlain Cuir Beluga, Tonka Imperiale, Spiritueuse Double Vanille
    And a lot of Parfumerie Generale
    Interesting! Thanks for sharing here.

  19. #5749

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by SubUmbra View Post
    Curious about exploring Serge or PG? Either way, I'm sure you'll find something for you. Both houses have quite a few entries.
    Pierre G. I have all the Serge that I wanted already )). Possibly my favorite house overall and the one from which I own the most perfume bottles.

  20. #5750

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Wore Norne Oil for the first time. This is definitely my preferred version of Norne. The extraits, which Ive tried in marble bottle, flask, and newest presentation, always felt too one dimensional to varying degrees. I found myself wearing it literally once a year -when cutting down our family Christmas tree. This oil version is way more complex. It feels like a proper fragrance. The sandalwood is an especially nice touch. Longevity is great, but projection is lower than Id prefer, though this is expected given the concentration and it is on par with the current Extrait IMO.

  21. #5751
    Basenotes Junkie SubUmbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    784

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr B1414 View Post
    Pierre G. I have all the Serge that I wanted already )). Possibly my favorite house overall and the one from which I own the most perfume bottles.
    I recommend Animal Mondain, it's a dark perfume that feels like its been baked in the sun all day. Many in the PG line feel like that; less "three dimensional" and more like a concentrated, patina'd version of themselves. There's a certain precision in PG perfumes that I admire. It feels like he only includes the elements he is absolutely sure he needs in his compositions.

    I also really admire Coze, Solsekia, and especially Noir Okoume, which is the most "Slumberesque" in his line that I've tried thus far.

  22. #5752

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    LANZ is on Ebay if anyone is looking
    Currently wearing: Jeke by Slumberhouse

  23. #5753
    Dependent Mak-7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,300

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Jeez, bidders are savages. Within few minutes already at 350.
    Wouldnt it make more sense to not bid large sums at first not to get price into stratosphere?

  24. #5754
    Basenotes Plus
    brothernature's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Alexandria
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by StopTalkingAboutFragrance View Post
    LANZ is on Ebay if anyone is looking


    Six days left and already at $350+.

    Rocket ride.
    Currently wearing: Zahd by Slumberhouse

  25. #5755

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Mak-7 View Post
    Jeez, bidders are savages. Within few minutes already at 350.
    Wouldnt it make more sense to not bid large sums at first not to get price into stratosphere?
    It would, but noobs don't know that, they make our lives more difficult.

  26. #5756

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    OMG at $410 within 24 hours?!?!?!
    Let's be honest, it was always gonna sell for $500+, it's just a bit disappointing that the bidding happened so early...

    For anyone who might be interested, I think the vendor is well-known character around basenotes.
    If anyone has ever put up an ISO post in the marketplace forum, almost certainly you will know this shadow-lurking gentleman. He would have messaged you and led you along for a few weeks...
    He has a seven-year-old's grasp of typing and spelling, and presents as if English is NOT his native language.
    I'm sure this ebay vendor is this guy.
    Currently wearing: Lanz by Slumberhouse

  27. #5757

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by muzzbait View Post
    OMG at $410 within 24 hours?!?!?!
    Let's be honest, it was always gonna sell for $500+, it's just a bit disappointing that the bidding happened so early...

    For anyone who might be interested, I think the vendor is well-known character around basenotes.
    If anyone has ever put up an ISO post in the marketplace forum, almost certainly you will know this shadow-lurking gentleman. He would have messaged you and led you along for a few weeks...
    He has a seven-year-old's grasp of typing and spelling, and presents as if English is NOT his native language.
    I'm sure this ebay vendor is this guy.
    I think I know exactly who you’re talking about. LOL
    YT: Jess AndWesH

  28. #5758

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowartisttxl View Post
    I think I know exactly who you’re talking about. LOL
    im curios to now what you think of this user not sure if i asked if you have email or number maybe we can text because i never go a lot to basenotes so if that is cool you can send if not no worries also

    Currently wearing: Lanz by Slumberhouse

  29. #5759
    People of Zee Wurl, Relax
    IsoESuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    4,199

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowartisttxl View Post
    I think I know exactly who youre talking about. LOL
    Hes problematic. And not in an endearing Bo Burnham way either. I think dozens of people here have had the displeasure. On a totally unrelated note, recording artist Jan Magne Frde has an album titled Enough of that Jazz.

    I hope before anyone bid, they noticed the zero feedback and basically brand new account.

  30. #5760
    Dependent Mak-7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,300

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Ebay chap is in NY, other fellow in different state i believe. Might not necessary be related




Page 192 of 194 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 190 191 192 193 194 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Slumberhouse
    By Diogenes65 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 6th March 2013, 07:44 PM
  2. Slumberhouse - Ore
    By rynegne in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17th February 2013, 09:01 PM
  3. Slumberhouse
    By UngerWoo in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30th December 2011, 10:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000