Code of Conduct
Page 193 of 194 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,790 of 5813
  1. #5761

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    deleted
    Last edited by muzzbait; 14th September 2021 at 11:47 PM. Reason: double
    Currently wearing: Lanz by Slumberhouse

  2. #5762

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by IsoESuperman View Post
    He’s problematic. And not in an endearing Bo Burnham way either. I think dozens of people here have had the displeasure. On a totally unrelated note, recording artist Jan Magne Förde has an album titled Enough of that Jazz.

    I hope before anyone bid, they noticed the zero feedback and basically brand new account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mak-7 View Post
    Ebay chap is in NY, other fellow in different state i believe. Might not necessary be related
    He told me he was in NYC even though the package came from another state...
    Currently wearing: Lanz by Slumberhouse

  3. #5763
    Dependent Mak-7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,300

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by muzzbait View Post
    He told me he was in NYC even though the package came from another state...
    Nothing else to add then

  4. #5764
    People of Zee Wurl, Relax
    IsoESuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    4,199

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by muzzbait View Post
    He told me he was in NYC even though the package came from another state...
    ADJACENT adjective
    Definition of adjacent
    1a: not distant : NEARBY
    the city and adjacent suburbs
    b: having a common endpoint or border
    adjacent lots, adjacent states

    Weird sorry, helping my nephew with homework tonight in another tab. Keep C&Ping in the wrong one.

    So Red Grev huh? What's that about? Can't wait until 2027 when we can try it!

  5. #5765

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    [QUOTE=IsoESuperman;5525988]ADJACENT adjective
    Definition of adjacent
    1a: not distant : NEARBY
    the city and adjacent suburbs
    b: having a common endpoint or border
    adjacent lots, adjacent states

    Weird sorry, helping my nephew with homework tonight in another tab. Keep C&Ping in the wrong one.

    So Red Grev huh? What's that about? Can't wait until 2027 when we can try it![/QUOTE]





    LOL...I sure hope that's not the case. I really want to get a hold of some this year.
    Currently wearing: Musk Khabib by Bortnikoff

  6. #5766
    Basenotes Plus
    Oud Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,350

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by muzzbait View Post
    OMG at $410 within 24 hours?!?!?!
    Let's be honest, it was always gonna sell for $500+, it's just a bit disappointing that the bidding happened so early...

    For anyone who might be interested, I think the vendor is well-known character around basenotes.
    If anyone has ever put up an ISO post in the marketplace forum, almost certainly you will know this shadow-lurking gentleman. He would have messaged you and led you along for a few weeks...
    He has a seven-year-old's grasp of typing and spelling, and presents as if English is NOT his native language.
    I'm sure this ebay vendor is this guy.
    Oooooohhhhhh…. THAT guy!

  7. #5767

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Considering that only 33 bottles exists of this and any flask bottle can easily reach over $300, it's not really a crazy price for Lanz. We'll see how it goes, but i don't think anyone will pay a crazy amount for it, like a grand.
    Last edited by mszigetihu; 15th September 2021 at 09:20 AM.

  8. #5768
    Conifer Connoisseur
    junior_surgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    435

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by mszigetihu View Post
    Considering that only 33 bottles exists of this and any flask bottle can easily reach over $300, it's not really a crazy price for Lanz. We'll see how it goes, but i don't think anyone will pay a crazy amount for it, like a grand.
    In 2019 there was a bottle of Lanz that sat for a while on eBay, the asking price was somewhere around 1,200. I think they eventually took ~900 for it and I don't think it's unlikely to hit that kind of prices this time around. But yeah, eBay bidding is hard to predict, I scored a bottle on there recently for a surprisingly low amount.
    My perfume project: http://pinewardperfume.com/

  9. #5769

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Got a few samples to try.

    Ore, remind me of Oud Monarch without the Oud, boozy in the first 10min then quickly dry down to a chocolatey skin scent.

    Sibet, off-putting in the opening with the plastic doll odor or latex rubber type smell, after 10min the dry down became quite pleasant, getting mostly the Orris and mint afterward.



    They are all oily on the skin, projection is very poor.

  10. #5770
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    around
    Posts
    707

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion


  11. #5771

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by mustardsalad View Post
    That is flat out ridiculous.

    I just looked at this listing and I wonder if someone is artificially inflating the bids on this listing. I could be completely wrong, but It will be interesting to see where this ends.
    Currently wearing: Musk Khabib by Bortnikoff

  12. #5772
    Dependent Mak-7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,300

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Scent Detective View Post
    That is flat out ridiculous.

    I just looked at this listing and I wonder if someone is artificially inflating the bids on this listing. I could be completely wrong, but It will be interesting to see where this ends.
    I think itll end in non payment, but there are all sort of crazies out there

  13. #5773

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Scent Detective View Post
    That is flat out ridiculous.

    I just looked at this listing and I wonder if someone is artificially inflating the bids on this listing. I could be completely wrong, but It will be interesting to see where this ends.
    Haha the last 2 bidders are private or account with 4 feedback. Something fishy going on there!

    Sent from my XQ-BC62 using Tapatalk

  14. #5774
    Basenotes Plus
    Oud Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,350

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    A couple days ago I saw it up to $1,450 and then it backed down to $5XX again. I think the seller is being e-trolled

  15. #5775

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by psawjack View Post
    Haha the last 2 bidders are private or account with 4 feedback. Something fishy going on there!

    Sent from my XQ-BC62 using Tapatalk
    Exactly. I saw the same bidder outbid themselves multiple times in a row and that's what got me wondering if there isn't something fishy going on with this stratospheric bidding war.
    Currently wearing: Musk Khabib by Bortnikoff

  16. #5776

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Mak-7 View Post
    I think itll end in non payment, but there are all sort of crazies out there
    Kind of has the earmarks of that scenario, but time will tell.
    Currently wearing: Musk Khabib by Bortnikoff

  17. #5777

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    If indeed this is the gentleman I think it is, then this will be a great lesson for him indeed.

    Last year, in a robust price negotiation process, he highballed me and used ebay bids as the basis for why he thought his bottle was worth what he thought it was worth. I told him that using ebay as a source of CONSTANT market value was flawed, because if two parties outbid each other from $300 to $600 (as happened in a relevant auction), once the winner received their bottle, then the 2nd placed bidder now has NO ONE to bid against for it to reach that point (in theory). It went over his head. Zahd went for $625 and then months later it barely cracked $400 (from memory). Market value is totally volatile. What happens if that 2nd placed bidder recently lost interest in perfumes? What happens if an entire bevy of interested bidders are on holiday and can’t access ebay? So many variable at play here, but none of that made sense to him (mostly cos it meant this valuation would be invalidated).
    When I lived in Japan, I used to sell 'Japanese edition' CDs on ebay and made some good money out of it. Japanese labels were unwilling to ship overseas, so, to quote everyone's favourite Baltimore small businessman, Proposition Joe Stewart, I bought for a dollar and sold it for two. I once had 5 or 6 people outbidding each other for a CD that cost 20 - 25 and ended up getting 70 for it. So, I bought it again and did the same over and over. Once the demand died, so did the bidding.
    I’m fairly certain this is him, and it will be interesting to see how much it actually does sell for or if indeed it does sell. I don’t think this guy is even keen on selling and may just be looking for a bit of attention and/or excitement. Don’t be surprised if he’s shill bidding his own auction and/or trolling himself.
    Currently wearing: Lanz by Slumberhouse

  18. #5778
    Basenotes Plus
    PrinceRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    10,739

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by mustardsalad View Post
    Insanity!

  19. #5779

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by muzzbait View Post
    ... to quote everyone's favourite Baltimore small businessman, Proposition Joe Stewart, I bought for a dollar and sold it for two...
    R.I.P. Prop Joe!
    Currently wearing: Jeke by Slumberhouse

  20. #5780

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by avrora View Post
    R.I.P. Prop Joe!
    Woe to them that call evil good, and good evil...
    Currently wearing: Lanz by Slumberhouse

  21. #5781

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    They're obviously trolling, no one's gonna pay for it.

  22. #5782

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    He didn't even post a full picture of the bottle plus photographed on that dirty microfiber/fleece blanket.

  23. #5783

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by isunnychaudhary View Post
    He didn't even post a full picture of the bottle plus photographed on that dirty microfiber/fleece blanket.
    I was just thinking the same. The blanket is gross!!

  24. #5784
    Dependent Mak-7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,300

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Clarissochka View Post
    I was just thinking the same. The blanket is gross!!
    Didnt want to bring it up but I am glad i wasnt alone in noticing that

  25. #5785
    Basenotes Plus
    Oud Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,350

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by muzzbait View Post
    If indeed this is the gentleman I think it is, then this will be a great lesson for him indeed.

    Last year, in a robust price negotiation process, he highballed me and used ebay bids as the basis for why he thought his bottle was worth what he thought it was worth. I told him that using ebay as a source of CONSTANT market value was flawed, because if two parties outbid each other from $300 to $600 (as happened in a relevant auction), once the winner received their bottle, then the 2nd placed bidder now has NO ONE to bid against for it to reach that point (in theory). It went over his head. Zahd went for $625 and then months later it barely cracked $400 (from memory). Market value is totally volatile. What happens if that 2nd placed bidder recently lost interest in perfumes? What happens if an entire bevy of interested bidders are on holiday and can’t access ebay? So many variable at play here, but none of that made sense to him (mostly cos it meant this valuation would be invalidated).
    When I lived in Japan, I used to sell 'Japanese edition' CDs on ebay and made some good money out of it. Japanese labels were unwilling to ship overseas, so, to quote everyone's favourite Baltimore small businessman, Proposition Joe Stewart, I bought for a dollar and sold it for two. I once had 5 or 6 people outbidding each other for a CD that cost 20 - 25 and ended up getting 70 for it. So, I bought it again and did the same over and over. Once the demand died, so did the bidding.
    I’m fairly certain this is him, and it will be interesting to see how much it actually does sell for or if indeed it does sell. I don’t think this guy is even keen on selling and may just be looking for a bit of attention and/or excitement. Don’t be surprised if he’s shill bidding his own auction and/or trolling himself.
    Yup. Went through the same process myself. He contacted ME about selling something I was looking for but would never name a price. A few months of going around and around without getting anywhere and I bailed. Also in that timeframe I was able to source plenty of what I had been looking for anyway!

  26. #5786

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    POST is gone to NEW YORK ��
    LANZ hype died in no time, but I still need one

  27. #5787

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Oud Dude View Post
    Yup. Went through the same process myself. He contacted ME about selling something I was looking for but would never name a price. A few months of going around and around without getting anywhere and I bailed. Also in that timeframe I was able to source plenty of what I had been looking for anyway!
    My exact scenario. Kept asking about selling me bespoke fragrances that he didn’t know the notes of. Would never name a price but would always hint that he paid a lot for them. Asking what the most I’ve ever spent on a perfume is. Asking what my recent purchases were. Saying he wasn’t out to make a buck but that he did pay A LOT more than retail for them. Always talking about “the market” dictating cost (aka crazy eBay bids.) Trying to sell me items many times over after I said I’m not interested.
    YT: Jess AndWesH

  28. #5788
    Basenotes Plus
    Oud Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,350

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowartisttxl View Post
    My exact scenario. Kept asking about selling me bespoke fragrances that he didn’t know the notes of. Would never name a price but would always hint that he paid a lot for them. Asking what the most I’ve ever spent on a perfume is. Asking what my recent purchases were. Saying he wasn’t out to make a buck but that he did pay A LOT more than retail for them. Always talking about “the market” dictating cost (aka crazy eBay bids.) Trying to sell me items many times over after I said I’m not interested.
    Yup! That's exactly how it went! Hahaha!

  29. #5789

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Oud Dude View Post
    Yup! That's exactly how it went! Hahaha!
    OMG it oddly feels good to know other people went through the same thing!

    He yanked my chain on a few scents for OVER five weeks (mid July to early September). Like the both of you, replied to an ISO declaring he had it, but he also said a few other people were in negotiations with him over this same scent. Back and forth, no concrete 'yes' or 'no', just more and more obfuscation. Asked strange questions, too. Who do I speak to from basenotes? Who have I bought from? What did I have in my collection? Really irregular stuff here. Then, after 5 or 6 weeks, suddenly, the sale was on! Gave me his paypal, I paid, and then, about 2 weeks of NOT sending. Anyway, things worked themselves out in the end, enough so that I consider the matter closed. Moral of the story is this gentleman has VERY little interest in actually selling and is probably more interested in making friends and/or contacts. He was also quite partial to gossiping about banenoters and he told me a lot of stuff about a lot of people I see in this here thread. He shared a lot of photos of other people's collections (I'm sure he would've shared my pics to others, also), and seemed REALLY intent in putting out the suggestion that he was a mover and shaker in the world of basenotes. He knew people, knew things about basenoters, who got swindled, ripped off, scammed, all of that. He actually reminded me of Gollum from the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit books in that he BARELY surfaced in posts/threads, yet everyone had had run-ins with him. People that were totally unrelated. I know he's reading this now, so I hope he can appreciate how respectful I am being and how I could (justifiably) be a lot more detailed and specific with details. Also, for the record, I feel he is WAAAY richer than he comes across. His stash and collection is awe-inspiring. He would share pics of what he had (and they were his pics, too, as I'd ask him to show pics of ABC, DEF, GHI and JKL, and he would, so they were likely NOT pics he'd sourced from other people), and he had A LOT. Even if he'd bought these bottles at retail a decade ago, the sheer volume of what he had was amazing. Thousands. Probably more.

    Did anyone speak with him on Whatsapp? I did, and even with the time difference (I'm in Australia, by the way), he was prolific with his messages. I got the feeling he never slept, or if he did, it was on some kinda junkie schedule. He would also almost IMMEDIATELY delete his posts, just as soon as I'd had time to read them. Same with is photos. I've written a lot about this guy today, I know, but it's because he is just so uniquely IRREGULAR. I've been a teacher for over 15 years, and I would constantly chew out my year 10s/Form 4s whenever they wrote compositions about UNBELIEVABLE characters. Characters that in NO WAY could exist in the real world. And yet, most of the times those characters my students created came across more believable that the fine, distinguished gentleman I am waffling on about. Speaking about students, his typing was ATROCIOUS. Utterly UTTERLY atrocious. I had a hard time reading it almost all the time. His typos and spelling errors were utterly UTTERLY ridiculous. Worse than some entitled boomer writing a letter to the editor in a small town. And not just the there/they're/their your/you're should of variety, like EVERYTHING. Okay, that's the end of my TED talk...
    Currently wearing: Lanz by Slumberhouse

  30. #5790

    Default Re: Slumberhouse Discussion

    After confirming with Muzzbait, I too have had the pleasure of interacting with this person. I never purchased anything because it didn't feel right to me. He messaged me out of the blue asking if I was looking for Madhat fragrances and I said I was. He said he pretty much had them all and which ones am I interested in, and to take a look at his list, and then he disappeared for several months. He popped back up asking if I was still looking for Madhats and I said I wasn't interested since he just vanished after his last message and it didn't instill confidence in making a purchase from him. That was the end of it for many more months when he randomly popped up again asking me how I've been. I just told him I wasn't buying anything and he said he just wanted to see how I was, and that was the last I've heard from him. Definitely an odd duck.

    I see he's been online today, so yeah, he's probably been reading all this stuff about him.




Page 193 of 194 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Slumberhouse
    By Diogenes65 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 6th March 2013, 07:44 PM
  2. Slumberhouse - Ore
    By rynegne in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17th February 2013, 09:01 PM
  3. Slumberhouse
    By UngerWoo in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30th December 2011, 10:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000